Love ncl star!

souxiequzy

Ignore any negative comments you read about NCL Star. Just completed a 7 day Mexican Riviera (1/31 to 2/7/2009) and it couldn't have been better!:)

A lot of cruisers think the Star is one of the best kept secrets in the cruise world, and then you will get someone who will come here and tell us, the ship is dirty, run down, bad food, lousy shows etc.

I am glad you enjoyed your Star experience. She isn't our favorite NCL ship but certainly I have trouble accepting the negative reviews, especially when people say the ship and cabins were filthy..

Nita

We sailed on the Star in 2007. We were so pleased with the crew. We still laugh because any answer to a question we asked like, "How are you today?" was answered with "Excellent!!" We figured they were predisposing us to choose "Excellent" for the answers at the end of cruise survey. :D We could because most everything was "Excellent!"

A lot of cruisers think the Star is one of the best kept secrets in the cruise world, and then you will get someone who will come here and tell us, the ship is dirty, run down, bad food, lousy shows etc.

I am glad you enjoyed your Star experience. She isn't our favorite NCL ship but certainly I have trouble accepting the negative reviews, especially when people say the ship and cabins were filthy..

Nita

I agree Nita. We may have had a very few "dusty" spots, but the cabins were certainly not filthy! :rolleyes:

I never would have booked another sailing on the Star if it was unclean. And I also didn't think it was rundown..I thought it was a very nice ship.

Nita

Every ship has its strong and weak points. We sailed the Star as well as other ships, and it was very nice in comparison. However, to outright dismiss a negative review is as bad as providing a review saying the ship is the greatest and there are absolutely no flaws.

A critic's review is subjective - based on the person's likes and dislikes, and though everything was good on our Star cruise, I can see how others might take negatively to some things. We were in a AB suite and though it was a spectacular space, it was clearly dated and in need of some renovations. There were places where the wallpaper was peeling off in the smaller bedroom. Did it make a big deal to me? Absolutely not. I wouldn't rule out that some folks could have had some cabin stewards who didn't do a good job and that critic came up with "filthy" as a result. Our cabin stewards were ok - but no better than an ok rating. And though I enjoyed the food and it was good, by no means did it tip the scales to outstanding/excellent.

The point of a review is to voice your opinion/experience and let others learn from it. I want to see the problems people have had just as much as the good experiences. Everything is/should be taken with a grain of salt - just the same as when a movie/show review is seen on TV or in the newspaper.

Howard

We've been on the Sun, Sky, Pearl and Jewel; next month will be our first for the Star. Keep in mind; a vacation is what you make it. I've read people's reviews who compained that they didn't get enough towel animals. Come on, let's not be rediculous. You can either overlook the minor incidents or make a big deal over them. Ignore them and enjoy your vacation. We've have had some (minor) problems on previous ships, so we just went with the flow and had a fantastic time. :D Happy Cruisin' to all!

See my review:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=46096

You'll enjoy your cruise.

Howard

Hi, Howard! I enjoyed reading your review since we'll be on the Star to Alaska on May 30th. We've booked an AB suite and would love to see some pictures of the AB you were in. Do you have any posted or any you could share? Thanks!:) brunolvr@hotmail.com

I failed to purchase a CD of the Melodic Quartet on board the Star. I would send cash and a prepaid envelope if one of you would volunteer to purchase said CD on your next cruise with NCL Star...we were told that the female singer will not be returning after their break in the spring, so now, short of taking another cruise with Star very soon, I have a very small window to accomplish my goal. Thanks all fellow Star supporters.:)

Archived