Hotels booked up in Fort Lauderdale next February

Cruisin'Kim

Can anyone from the Fort Lauderdale area tell me what's happening there next February? We are trying to book pre-cruise room for Feb. 5/6' date=' 2010, and the hotels are already all booked up.

Thanks!

Kim.[/quote']

The Superbowl will be held in Miami next year, Feb 7th. The Pro Bowl is the week before, so those 2 weeks, expect higher than normal rates. Not sure I would want to cruise out of South Florida that weekend.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3798734

Good Luck

Can anyone from the Fort Lauderdale area tell me what's happening there next February? We are trying to book pre-cruise room for Feb. 5/6' date=' 2010, and the hotels are already all booked up.

Thanks!

Kim.[/quote']

2 words~

SUPER BOWL:eek:

Thanks!

Kim.[/quote']

With the Pro Bowl on Jan. 31 and the Super Bowl on Feb 7, hotels won't be your only problem ... expect airfares to be sky high!

With the Pro Bowl on Jan. 31 and the Super Bowl on Feb 7, hotels won't be your only problem ... expect airfares to be sky high!

We were supposed to be on the Miracle 2/8/2010. Because of the superbowl we are now on the legend out of Tampa on 2/7/2010. We actually got d----d by the superbowl year before last and ended up on the legend. Glad we did! Had a great cruise on a nice ship.

Thanks!

Kim.[/quote']

There is a sticky at the top of this forum titled Important South Florida Dates.

Thank you everyone! May be rethinking our cruise date..................

Good idea. I plan on booking a cruise for end of February because I googled a few weeks ago for what was going on next year. I was aware that the Superbowl was in Miami 2/7 but until I googled ProBowl, I didn't know it was also in Miami the week before. Not only would hotels be very pricey, but if they were available there would probably be more than 1 night minimum.

Since I plan on booking through Carnival's Early Saver Program I have to be sure of hotels & airfare before I book it.

Good idea. I plan on booking a cruise for end of February because I googled a few weeks ago for what was going on next year. I was aware that the Superbowl was in Miami 2/7 but until I googled ProBowl, I didn't know it was also in Miami the week before. Not only would hotels be very pricey, but if they were available there would probably be more than 1 night minimum.

Since I plan on booking through Carnival's Early Saver Program I have to be sure of hotels & airfare before I book it.

You don't have to google because there is a sticky at the top of this forum entitled Important South Florida Dates.

If you are a resident here then that will be the BEST time to cruise..get out of town to escape the madness and a relatively empty ship maybe? LOL..maybe not..or maybe a better cruise price?? Just drive to the port!

I imagine it will be hard to get a hotel ANYWHERE in Florida within a few hours of Miami. Will be great for our local economy, though!

Thank you!

I am so glad I came across this thread. We are getting off the ship on Feb. 05, 10 and flying home on the 7th. We booked the plane with aeroplan miles already. Now I booked Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Hotel in a hurry.Still hoping to find something more reasonable and maybe closer to the beach.

Any ideas how to make the most of our stay and to stay out of trouble? We are not party animals and wanted a nice relaxing weekend after a cruise...

You don't have to google because there is a sticky at the top of this forum entitled Important South Florida Dates.

I googled in mid January (after our cruise) BEFORE you posted the current sticky with 2010 dates!

Just a thought, BlueHerons - Could the current sticky also be posted under Carnival and others as not everyone looks for hotels pre-cruise. Don't know if that would be allowed, but it's a thought.

Archived