Is It Time To Buy More RCL?

Cindy G

question...what cruise lines accept RCL stock for OBC??? i am booked on a 28 day in oct. with HAL..buying 100 shares now at $5.96 would give me a $250.00 OBC.. and planing on booking another 7 day soon...wise or not...i know the stock is low, but a agree that it will rebound

HAL is owned by Carnival. I believe you get RCI onboard credit with Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Azamara.

Be careful in your assumption that a TA OBC can be combined with a shareholder OBC. Many so-called TA OBCs are actually a Sales OBC passed along through the TA, hence not combinable. Double-check if it is, indeed, an OBC paid for by the TA.

HAL is owned by Carnival. I believe you get RCI onboard credit with Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Azamara.

Correct; you need CCL stock to receive OBC on HAL (CCL has a similar OBC policy as RCL, but the stock is currently at a significantly higher price). The only exception to the OBC on RCL is no OBC for Celebrity Xpedition (the small ship that does Galapagos).

• 2 weeks later...
Paul, I like your answer. I too believe they will survive this poor economy. Notice that I did not say "this crisis" or " the worst economy since the depression."

I would like to comment on your "bodies between the sheets" statement. :D When they are between the sheets, they are not out there spending for drinks, gambling, spa, tours, and other money makers for RCL. Let's get them out from under the sheets and active participants for spending to enhance profits.

If RCL management has even minimal intelligence, they should be able to survive this storm. With new ships coming into service, one major problem is to get those bodies on-board, but not between the sheets for long periods of time. :D Rather they should be out there spending on-board.

To the OP: buy. Place an order for 10,000,000 shares "at the market." This will drive up the share price, at least for a few days. The "experts" and pundits will then conclude that RCL stock is on its way to recovery and recommend a "buy". :rolleyes: My shares will then increase in value.

OK, if you buy, you should be prepared to lose, perhaps all. But this applies to all stocks. I recall a time years ago when AT&T was considered a safe stock for "widows and orphans", only to fall to low levels before being bought by a former part of AT&T, Southwestern Bell.

I personally believe that RCL will survive. If it does and the free market is allowed to operate without too much government interference, it should be a good investment.

Bob :cool:

WELL, BOB...I DID AN IN AND OUT ON THE SAME DAY, AND MADE A COOL HUNDRED Gs ON A ONE CENT GAIN...THANKS FOR THE IDEA! YOU AUGHTA TRY IT SOME TIME! :rolleyes:

let's see...12% of the population is behind on their mortgage payments or in foreclosure on their homes; there were over 650,000 new unemployment claims last week and over 5 million collecting unemployment and the economic news on TV and in the paper continues to be negative. I think it's safe to say that this probably is not an environment where folks are willing to freely spend discretionary income on vacations because they are worried about having food on their tables.

RCL has moved to larger ships with I believe at least 2 still being built....raising their capacity at the same time demand is dropping (or has dropped)...sort of makes me think if they're thinking: "we may lose money on every passenger, but we'll make it up in volume"

If you buy RCL common stock now, then you believe that more people will start to cruise and/or RCL will be able to raise the average per cabin revenue and/or RCL will successfully further reduce their costs. But that's really not the story.....not only do you have to believe all that, but for the stock to go up, others have to believe it as well....and of course RCL's financials have to show that this is true.

My personal view is that it's high risk....(and that's being kind). I own 100 shares by the way....bought it for the OBC's and I"ve received enough that I haven't lost all that much money on the purchase.

I did a small part for the economy today... I bought my 100 shares. $5.70 a share and I will get $200 on my upcoming cruise. Not a bad deal really.

My husband bought a 100 shares a few months back.

Quick question for those that have more than 100 shares. Do you get the OBC for every 100 shares you have or just the first 100 shares? It doesn't make a difference on our next cruise because we have 2 different cabins and his sons occupy the 3rd (and his son's name is on with him for the 100 shares) SO, I bought a 100 and we will have the OBC on our cabin as well. BUT.... if my husband and went alone, would we get double the OBC with 200 shares?

Quick question for those that have more than 100 shares. Do you get the OBC for every 100 shares you have or just the first 100 shares? It doesn't make a difference on our next cruise because we have 2 different cabins and his sons occupy the 3rd (and his son's name is on with him for the 100 shares) SO, I bought a 100 and we will have the OBC on our cabin as well. BUT.... if my husband and went alone, would we get double the OBC with 200 shares?

No, owning more than 100 shares (or more than one person per cabin) doesn't give any extra benefits. As per their terms, there is only one credit per cabin.

Only one shareholder credit per stateroom. Only one credit per shareholder on any one sailing

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

I bought a 100 shares today @ $5.93 a share. Thanks for the website...very helpful.

Now could someone tell me how I go about getting my OBC?:confused:

Here is a link for the OBC information. http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

I just emailed them my certificate info - others have scanned their certificate & faxed it, of course along with your reservation number & contact info. There isn't a phone number available (that I could get) for this department, but they answer emailed questions promptly.

100 Shares. The OBC ranges from $50 to $250 depending on length of cruise (with $100 for seven nigther). However the OBC cannot be combined with sales, OBC for booking a cruise while on board, and some other discounts/OBCs. Also the Shareholder OBC can be discontinues or modified at any time and in this climate that is a real possibility.

Do you know if you get the OBC for Royal Caribbean only? or will they give you an OBC for Celebrity also?

100 shares of RCL will get you OBC on celebrity as well. Same rules though, can't be combined with a promotional obc for booking.

Shareholder credit is also applicable to Azamara and the other RCCL lines.

Carnival's board approved their Shareholder OBC for another year. That might put a bit of pressure on RCI to continue to do the same.

That is very intresting to know. Thanks for sharing the info.

Laura

Archived