Towels??

hmmm

Okay- I am new to this, and my question will verify this- Are we allowed to take towels from the ship when we go to the beach in the ports? I am just wondering if I need to pack beach towels. We are not going on any excursions- just wanting to find a corner of a beach and veg. Thanks.

Bronwyn

Okay- I am new to this, and my question will verify this- Are we allowed to take towels from the ship when we go to the beach in the ports? I am just wondering if I need to pack beach towels. We are not going on any excursions- just wanting to find a corner of a beach and veg. Thanks.

Bronwyn

Yes, Grab a ship towel.

On Princess, you will have 2 beach towels in your cabin. I always ask for 2 extra and the cabin steward is happy to oblige.

You can certainly take them off the ship and there is usually a bin to drop them in when you return to the ship.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks so much for the quick response- my suitcase will have more room for "other" stuff, then!

Bronwyn

I you have beach towels in your cabin' date=' make sure you don't lose them or leave them anywhere.

Some cruise lines charge you if the towels come up missing.[/quote']

Princess doesn't, it is a standard blue and white stripe. Not anything special. No logos.

Princess doesn't, it is a standard blue and white stripe. Not anything special. No logos.

Unless Princess has changed their policy they do indeed charge you room account if your are short beach towels in your room. On our Sept cruise listened to a couple arguing with the front desk trying to get the charge removed because " no one told them the had to bring the towels back from the beach." Don't know, but that just seems like common sense to me...IMHO.

each cruise line handles this slightly differently. Some have them in your room and if they aren't there at the end of the trip you get charged. Some have them by the pool or at the point of disembarkation and have you sign them out.

I can tell you that up until 2 years ago NCL didn't have people sign or check the sign in sheets for them and at times 1/3 of the towels on the ship went "missing"...now they charge you if they aren't back in your room....

If they lend them to me its my responsibility to return them.

Bronwyn

Yep. Just don't lose the beach towles, or you will be charged for them.

Just got back from a Princess cruise. The plain blue and white stripped towels are left in your room by your steward. You can ask for more. You do not have to check them in or out. They can be left wet on the pool deck or dropped off in bins at embarkation. There is no tracking of them at all. I still far prefer the dry towels being left at the pool area as 2-3 towels is not nearly enough for a day at sea if you are a water person and don't care to be laying on wet towels all day.

Archived