• Got luggage tags, booked thru local TA, mini-suite or above
    • Got luggage tags, booked thru local TA, balcony or below
    • No luggage tags, booked thru NCL, mini-suite or above
    • No luggage tags, booked thru NCL, balcony or below
    • No luggage tags, booked thru online TA, mini-suite or above
    • No luggage tags, booked thru online TA, balcony or below
    • No luggage tags, booked thru local TA, mini-suite or above
    • No luggage tags, booked thru local TA, balcony or below

I thought I'd try a poll to see if we can determine which variable allows us to get luggage tags mailed to us vs. having to print them off yourself. The reason I think is that it has to do with cabin. I booked 2 cabins, a mini-suite and an inside room. I received luggage tags from NCL for the mini-suite, none for the inside. Others seem to think it is determined by your TA. So, let the poll commence!:D

I think it depends on the TA. I've booked 3 cruises, all OV Guaranty, but with different TA's. This time is the only time I received luggage tags in the mail. Last time I didn't get my cabin assignment until 4 days before the cruise (upgraded to BA) so that would explain that time.

It might also depend when you book. I booked last week for a cruise next month. I have received nothing from snail mail. I did fill out the info online and got EDOCS. It gave the option to print tags.

Oh....and I booked directly with NCL.

Not sure you are going to get an accurate poll conclusion - it sounds like so many people have had many variations of the options you list. I have no idea how they decide who gets mailed luggage tags or not. The poll is evenly divided so far...does it really matter? It's not hard to print off a tag if you don't get one in the mail! JMHO :)

cpcanuck

I got luggage tags and I was in a BA on the SKY and booked through NCL. The odd thing is that they were mailed to my cousin, who lives in Florida, who was the 2nd person on the reservation. I don't know why they did that...

Booked ours last year via NCL agent, upgraded from obstructed OV and got them in the mail. Booked ours online - for a very low price + OBC just 2 months ago, couldn't resist the deal - directly w. NCL for OV and upgraded - tags arrived in the mail again - weeks after EDOCs were ready for printing/along with ability to print my own tags (so much for being green).

seems like a funny thing to poll or be concerned about. I've been printing luggage tags for the last few cruises - last one for the whole family. No big deal.

About as funny as everything else people here are asking about!:D (Can I wear jeans, what does the cabin look like, can I see the dailies, etc.) Just thought it was funny that I got tags for one cabin, not the other, though both were booked at same time, same TA, what's the difference? Would be easier to have the tags for both.

I have gotten the tags in the mail for my last 2 cruises.

The first cruise they sent them to my TA and he forwarded them to me.

This cruise I booked directly with NCL. A friend of mine was sailing on NCL a week after I was and had her tags for a week or two. I called NCL on a Saturday morning and asked when I can expect the tags...the rep told me that they haven't mailed them in years!!! I knew that was the wrong answer so I called later in the day and got another rep who actually looked up my record and told me to expect them within the week.

Later on that day I went to check my mailbox and guess what was in there. I prefer the ones that are mailed, but would survive it if I had to print them.

**It just goes to show you that the NCL reps aren't "up" on even the simplest things.

I've booked all my cruises with outside TA's, some send us tags and some dont. I didn vote because you didnt have that as a choice.

Almost all my rooms have been inside cabins except for my first which was a balcony and my second was an ocean view.

So to me i guess it means it depends which TA i use? lol

First timer question here. I booked a "guaranteed" room on the Sky. I guess I shouldn't expect luggage tags to be mailed since I wont be assigned a room until the pier?

You want to make sure you have a cabin assigned well before sail date to avoid confusion.

Do Not just show up at the pier and hope for the best. :eek:

Archived