Soda carry-on allowance?

crazy-dog-lady

Hi everyone! I know this has been posted before, but I'm having a hard time finding it now as I am getting ready for our cruise. What does Celebrity allow you to take onboard, besides the 2 bottles of wine??? I know a few people have mentioned canned soda, but a 6-pack or 12-pack? Are there limitations on the soda you can bring aboard?

They really don't have a published limit, but I know cruise lines really don't like it when people bring on things such as soda and bottled water---it impacts their bottom line. But I think a reasonable amount can be brought on, like maybe a 12 pack. But I wouldn't bring much more than that on board.

I've wheeled on two 12-paks of Caffiene Free Diet Coke on probably every cruise I took with DH. That was all he'd drink. Just stacked them on my rolling tote. No one ever said a thing. And we always stocked at the last port before crossing the pond on a TA too. DH is gone so now, for myself, I take those little boxes of Propel & Crystal Light powders and reuse a couple of water bottles.

Thanks for your responses. I guess I'll just take a 6-pack of cans. I get an occassional urge to drink soda and am trying to beat it, so I just a need a few coke zeros or diet pepsi max. These sodas are heaven-sent since I've never really been a fan of diet sodas. I'll take my 6-pack and save all my calories for the yummy food I keep hearing about. :)

I'm thinking that we will take on two 12 packs-- a diet with lime for me and a regular coke for DH, who is a canned coke snob. Thanks to all who have responded as this makes me feel much better about being able to just take it on board with us so we have it. If we have some left at the end of the cruise, then it will be nice to have while we way to head back north.

Since all the cruise lines only offer coke products we always bring on my DH's favorite Pepsi. Usually a 12pk is enough. Also we take on a 12pk or so of bottle water, mostly for taking ashore at ports. Our friends generally take on 2 12pks of soda. I don't think anyone is going to say anything for you taking what ever amount you want.

Bev

We have taken as much as 2 12 packs of diet pepsi caffine free with us on a 11 to 14 day cruise. We still buy a soda card. My husband only drinks soda not even coffee in the morning. In Nov. we sailed Sostice and my husband was able to get caffine free coke with his card. Not a can but they poured the soda in a glass and this was very good for him. So maybe I won't have to bring so much soda onboard with us again.:D

Pat

Bring on enough for the first few days.

Then replenish as you can in the port stops.

It will give you some different places to search out that you may never see on other cruises.

In Puerto Rico - up in the middle of old town there is a market - small supermarket.

In St. Kitts off to the left as you depart the ship is a local supermarket.

InSt. Maartin as you go down the main road somewhere near the turn into town as it makes a left is a small supermarket.

There are places like this on every island just off the regular tourist path.

My most recent cruise I brought two 12 can sleeves of Barq diet root beer and a 24 bottle case of Aqua Fina. I taped the package all together put a luggage tag on it and it was delivered to my cabin no problem.

Ah, root beer; my teenaged daughter's favorite drink. I'm guessing they won't have even regular root beer on board? I also assume it'll be unavailable in ports on our Mediterranean cruise. If this is the case, we might need to pack some root beer in our luggage (assuming we don't go over the weight limit) to prevent her from going through root beer withdrawal.

Sue

I only drink caffiene free sodas and that's impossible to find on ship so I've brought a 12 packs before and nobody said anything.

I see you will be on Solstice soon. Solstice has diet coke caffine free in cans. You can buy it anytime you need it.

Pat

Sue, I can't say they don't but I don't think so. This October on constellation was the first time we saw caffine free coke. I really think if they want to sell more soda cards they should have a better selection. They only sell coke products so if coke doesn't sell a root beer product you won't see it on any ship owned by RCCL.

Pat

Archived