"Gentleman hosts"?

schnoobie

"Gentleman hosts"?

I read on another line that there are gentleman hosts hired by the line available for dance partners and such .....

I'm a bit embarrassed to ask and it sounds a little sad but.....

does celebrity have this?

I have met some really fun people online here that will be on the ship but they are all part of couples....

This will be my first cruise as a single and I'm just curious....

We just did a cruise on Galaxy. I did notice that most evenings in the Stratosphere a number of the crew performers(dancers) were there dancing. They had on their nametags and it looked like they were asking pax to dance. A good time for all.

The dance hosts were eliminated about a year ago and the activities staff will sometimes dance with the passengers now.

Ma Bell is correct...they used to have them mainly on TA cruises..or possibly cruises that were longer than 10 /12 days.

We dance regularly in the Rendezvous lounge every cruise but have never seen the activities staff dancing with pax there ...however it does not mean that they don't dance elsewhere on the ship.They also give dance lessons usually during the day.

Cunard still has at least 6 hosts working on the QM2...that is why singles sometimes prefer to book Cunard as the opportunity to dance in the evening if you are not a couple, is more available. In fact those hosts are hard working...they dance every dance and there are loads of "singles" just waiting their next turn!

I keep telling my DH that we need to take dance lessons. Sounds like a nice gig.

The only problem is that he would have to be single to be a dance host. My hubby kept talking about how that would be an ideal job for him once I'm gone - so I am glad that Celebrity discontinued the hosts. :D We had talked to the dance hosts when Celebrity had them and they had very strict rules - they could not dance with the same lady until they asked the other single ladies to dance, they could not dance with a lady if she was with her husband/partner.

I have seen them on Regent holiday cruises. Most of them are nice guys, mainly widowers. They stay in the lounges in the evening and attend many of the game type events during the day. My wife and daughter found them to be nice and many of the single ladies danced with them. They bring a lot of value to these ladies and seem to like what they do. They do one or two a year and it seems like a great gig. My wife also thinks it would be something I would like to do in her absence.

Archived