Poll Update.........WHich HOTEL out of these

Hello-Kitty

Pier 66 is the best. It is a resort property, and has 2 waterfront restaurants on the property, whereas the Hyatt Place is just a plain hotel. If you care more about walking next door to Publix or CVS (a lot of people on these boards want that), then Hyatt Place is better. I don't know the Hyatt in Plantation, but it is more of a residential neighborhood than a resort area. It is close to Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall, if you love to shop.

megz...lol i know what a switch, when i got on the phone w/ my brother he said the marriotts were more points, i have no idea how this amex point things works, so went with the hyatt, now lets wait and see some glitches when i try to book:rolleyes:

royal cruz normally that is what i would want, walking distance.....in this case i have a vehicle so i am not to worried

Hyatt Regency Pier 66 is a very good resort. I have stayed there many times since my first visit in 1975. Their closing of the Top of the Pier Lounge to the public was and is a major negative for me. That venue was their feature attraction that made them different from other resorts in the area.

The Marriott Harbor Beach Resort offers just as much of what I am looking for in a resort hotel, including views of the cruise ships and other vessels entering/leaving Port Everglades. There has been some indications on the Message Boards that the Top of the Pier area is now open for "brunch" once in awhile. I wonder if the new management of this complex has finally begun to realize the folly of their decision to close an outstanding venue!

If so, for me, too late! They lost a good customer. I won't be back. I enjoy the Marriott Harbor Beach!

Hyatt Regency Pier 66 is a very good resort. I have stayed there many times since my first visit in 1975. Their closing of the Top of the Pier Lounge to the public was and is a major negative for me. That venue was their feature attraction that made them different from other resorts in the area.

The Marriott Harbor Beach Resort offers just as much of what I am looking for in a resort hotel, including views of the cruise ships and other vessels entering/leaving Port Everglades. There has been some indications on the Message Boards that the Top of the Pier area is now open for "brunch" once in awhile. I wonder if the new management of this complex has finally begun to realize the folly of their decision to close an outstanding venue!

If so, for me, too late! They lost a good customer. I won't be back. I enjoy the Marriott Harbor Beach!

The Pier 66 website has a photo of the "Pier Top, Sunday Brunch" but makes no mention of it under dining options. So you would have to call to see if they are still offering this. There is also a photo of the Pier Top set up for a special occasion. I have had good meals at both the Pelican Landing and Grille 66. It looks like the hotel has undergone major renovations and is very modern now. I haven't been inside the lobby area for about 2 years; it looked very dated then but was still a great property.

i am only there for one day, and to be quite honest i am not picky, as long as i have a clean room and bed i am a happy girl, heck cant complain the room was a freebee:D

They were so nice on the phone, i told them i would be driving in and getting there about 10 am they changed checkin time from 4pm to early check in, so now i can enjoy the day

You should have time to go down to the beachfront. Just turn east on 17th St. and the road will become A1A. Most of the fun is just north of Las Olas Blvd on A1A for about 4 blocks. Then head west on Las Olas Blvd until you get to a very charming old downtown filled with boutiques, galleries, and restaurants. This is all within 3 miles of your hotel! The parking meters take coins, bills, and credit cards.

You should have time to go down to the beachfront. Just turn east on 17th St. and the road will become A1A. Most of the fun is just north of Las Olas Blvd on A1A for about 4 blocks. Then head west on Las Olas Blvd until you get to a very charming old downtown filled with boutiques, galleries, and restaurants. This is all within 3 miles of your hotel! The parking meters take coins, bills, and credit cards.

i have been to los olas years ago and was hoping to get back, problem is i never have a vehicle, and now i do:D

thanks for the info

Archived