surf and turf

mattR

Are you able to oder surf and turf in the Pinicale?
They did not have that as a selection. I don't recall them having lobster at all. If they will allow two entrees (not sure if that's possible) you can order a filet and some other type of seafood.

I think it depends on the ship. When we were on the Oosterdam in May they offered Lobster for an additional charge......

An additional charge for lobster- that I haven't heard before. Maybe they were testing the concept. I think charging more for dining in the Pinnacle and also then charging for some entrees not on the regular Pinnacle menu is a mistake. It sounds like HAL is probably not doing this on a regular basis either.

I think it depends on the ship. When we were on the Oosterdam in May they offered Lobster for an additional charge. This past week on the Ryndam they did not offer Lobster any time in the Pinnacle, we probably would of ordered it if they had it.
It's interesting that they would charge extra for lobster tails. By that logic they should have a different fee for the petite vs. pinnacle cut of filet.

I have never heard of any of the Pinnacles we have dined in charging extra for any entree. I have heard mention of paying twice if you wish to order two entrees and I think that is appropriate. (Frankly, I don't think I know any people whose appetite is big enough to actually eat two of their entrees. )

It's interesting that they would charge extra for lobster tails. By that logic they should have a different fee for the petite vs. pinnacle cut of filet.

I've never seen that they charge extra for the choice of any entree.

Of course when we say something was not offered in the Pinnacle when we were on a cruise, we really can only speak for the particular night(s) we dined there, not for the entire week.

It is possible, and maybe probable, that lobster could be offered for one or two nights only during that week and if we didn't dine there on 'lobster nights', how would we know? Unless of course someone is checking with the Pinnacle maitre d' every single day what the special(s) will be that night, which is unlikely.

I was speaking to our own experience, no one else's, after having posted that lobster tails were offered on our Maasdam cruise. Though surf and turf was offered when we we dined at Pinnacle, it doesn't mean anyone on the same cruise had that 'special' on a different evening. Possibly some pax do ask before making their reservation as to what the entire menu will be that night. We never do.

An additional charge for lobster- that I haven't heard before. Maybe they were testing the concept. I think charging more for dining in the Pinnacle and also then charging for some entrees not on the regular Pinnacle menu is a mistake. It sounds like HAL is probably not doing this on a regular basis either.

I do agree this may have been a test for the Pinnacle. I beleive they were charging an additional $10.00 on our May 15th sailing on the Oosterdam. These were not the normal lobsters served on Lobster Night. I don't remember the size but they did have a sign out side the Pinnacle advertizing them and stating the size.

Archived