Excursions for Jun 15 Europe Baltic Cruise

humboldt74

My husband and I are going on this cruise in June and we would like information on some of the excursions in the different cities. Has anyone done this cruise? What are the best ones to sign up for or is it better to sightsee on your own?

My husband and I are going on this cruise in June and we would like information on some of the excursions in the different cities. Has anyone done this cruise? What are the best ones to sign up for or is it better to sightsee on your own?
Which itinerary? There are two different Baltic itineraries. Also, join your roll call; chances are your fellow passengers are already lining up private tours and looking for others to share.

Have you tried the Baltics board? Here's the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=192

You should be able to get your questions answered there. Good luck! ;)

June 15 out of Copenhagen to Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg,Tallinn, Gdansk, and Oslo.

This is a once in a lifetime trip for us so we want to see and experience as much as possible.

As Lady Jag suggested, you'll be well served by going to the Northern Europe and Baltics board. Also, check for a Roll Call for your sailing on the Emerald Princess Roll Call board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=387

It's an excellent source of information and a way to hook up with others for private tours, especially in St. Petersburg.

We too are doing that Baltic cruise this summer. I highly recommend John Lawrence's DVD entitled 'Baltic Treasures' that covers all those ports. I understand that he was a long time cruise director on Princess (I think I read on the Baltics Board that he is retired but still lectures). Wonderful pictures, entertaining commentary and extremely useful information on local transportation. Check out JohnLawrenceCD.com.

I think Humbolt wanted to know if YOU had taken this cruise, what were the best Princess sponsored sight-seeing trips YOU took. Or do you think she should do something independently.

Along this same line, have you ever taken a taxi that was waiting by the ship for sight-seeing? Is that safe in these countries?

We are doing the same trip on May 26.

We too are doing that Baltic cruise this summer. I highly recommend John Lawrence's DVD entitled 'Baltic Treasures' that covers all those ports. I understand that he was a long time cruise director on Princess (I think I read on the Baltics Board that he is retired but still lectures). Wonderful pictures, entertaining commentary and extremely useful information on local transportation. Check out JohnLawrenceCD.com.

John L. will be the port lecturer on the Emerald Princess Baltic cruises this season.

We visited all but Gdansk. We can highly recommend Alla private tours for St Petersburg - she can devise a personal itinerary for you and even change it on the spot if you wish. By the way, despite what you might be told by the cruiseline, you do not require a visa for St Petersburg if you take a private tour such as Alla or Red October. You just cannot get off the ship and wander around by yourself without a visa. We did all of the other ports on our own easily. You will have a wonderful time.

I think Humbolt wanted to know if YOU had taken this cruise, what were the best Princess sponsored sight-seeing trips YOU took. Or do you (Is this a different "you" than "YOU"? :rolleyes:) think she should do something independently.

John L. will be the port lecturer on the Emerald Princess Baltic cruises this season.

That's great to know. I ordered the DVD last week. I can't wait to receive it. Thanks for the heads up.

:)We did this last summer in between two full days of the St. Pete's grand tour. It was beautiful but exhausting. People that stayed on the ship enjoyed the local entertainment on board. I enjoyed seeing the grounds (beautiful) and they had a string quartet. The dinner was the usual Russian fare with Vodka and champagne. I think it depends on your energy level and what else you are doing. I had a good time and I'm glad I went. DH could take it our leave it.

Hi!

I've done the Baltic cruise 3 times.

I did a report on it on our personal travel website

I put together some tips for the itinerary,

how we did each port whether it was on our own, private tour or shorex.

I also have sights to see lists for several ports.

Regarding St. Petersburg I posted our 2 day itinerary we did with Red October with our Photos

If you would like to view this info you will want to go into the link below.

The 2 sections in our website to visit are Where we've been AND Photos.

If you have any questions, I would be more than happy to assist!

http://ourpassportstamps.com

Archived