New S&S cards COOL!

newt98

This is by far the silliest thread I've read here so far...it's a card.

I wouldn't care if the card were orange. It will show itself here and there

but the memories of this trip are what matters,

not how others look at me and my "newbie" or "platinum" status.

I'm in agreement with you.

I find "Platinum" status to be quite peculiar.

I see pathetic little people who have finally bought themselves

some sort of status and social standing in this overcrowded world.

Inferiority complexes in gobs! :D

Good Grief, if I ever achieve Platinum status I swear I'd cringe to show it -I'd be so embarrassed!:cool:

Good Grief, if I ever achieve Platinum status I swear I'd cringe to show it -I'd be so embarrassed!:cool:

I take it your are saying this with a bit of sarcasm. At least that's how I choose to take it!

Tom

Other than a very few who inherited Daddy's money (and are probably on Seabourn and not Carnival anyway), whatever they've bought they've earned.

You go ahead and pump up your ego however you want, I'll continue to aspire to be one of the pathetic little people.

I prefer the old cards. I think the tweeked ones Ash did are nice and are much better than the ones Carnival has created.

And Carnival DO NOT TAKE MY SAIL & SIGN AT THE END OF MY CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You had to do it once because computers were down in Ft Laud. There has got to be another way. That one is the only one I do not have.

Ok, I am one of the odd man out here in that I like the new card design, but it is just something I like. Personally, as another poster has said, as long as I am cruising, I do not care what the card looks like.

For those of you that have earned Platinum or Gold, I can understand you wishing to stand apart and I know that yeah I would like something to show that I have reached a different level. However, and I am sure I will get grief for this, I do not believe, that if I am standing in a long line anyone should be able to cut in front of me no matter his or her status. If there is a seperate area that is one thing, but do not "cut" in front of me. Just as with VIP checkin, from my limited experience, it is in a different area so there is no cutting in, I think that for those, while on board, should have their own area. Do not ask me about the logistics of setting this up and such I do not know. I just know, I paid the same for my cruise that you did, not my fault you have travelled on more, I should recieve the same basic courtesy as you and that includes no cutting in line. If it is going to be precieved that you have cut in line, due to the VIP line being so close to the other line then move it. Again, just my opinion.

What is Carnival doing to us?

First, the "new" cards, I DON'T LIKE THEM,

Second, taking away the cards at the end of cruise? (Cunard has done this for at least two years. Cunard's reason: "security". For some reason I always manage to loose mine about two days before the end of crossing and have to get another on. :rolleyes: Me Be Bad.)

Third, taking away the Stockholders OBC?

Carnival, (Uncle Gerry and John, are you listening? This is NOT a way to encourge your past passengers to continue to sail with Carnival. The bottom line is made by returning customers/guests/passengers. Don't upset them.

For those of you that have earned Platinum or Gold, I can understand you wishing to stand apart and I know that yeah I would like something to show that I have reached a different level. However, and I am sure I will get grief for this, I do not believe, that if I am standing in a long line anyone should be able to cut in front of me no matter his or her status. If there is a seperate area that is one thing, but do not "cut" in front of me. Just as with VIP checkin, from my limited experience, it is in a different area so there is no cutting in, I think that for those, while on board, should have their own area. Do not ask me about the logistics of setting this up and such I do not know. I just know, I paid the same for my cruise that you did, not my fault you have travelled on more, I should recieve the same basic courtesy as you and that includes no cutting in line. If it is going to be precieved that you have cut in line, due to the VIP line being so close to the other line then move it. Again, just my opinion.

Fortunately, they do have a separate line especially for the Concierge guests at the Guest Relations counter (Purser). The main thing which I have witnessed multiple times on several ships is that it does not always assure you prompt service. Since it is (often) an "open spot" along the counter, I have seen people being helped there with more complex problems (usually holding blue S&S cards), thus negating the actual benefit of a "special" line. On our Freedom cruise last month I waited for THIRTY minutes while 3 generations of a family stood there trying to find the grandmothers lost prescription sunglasses. I know they were prescription because she mentioned it no less than 20 times in a classic NY accent. (The accent was JUST an observation - NOT a cutting remark ! ;) )

Third, taking away the Stockholders OBC?

That has been idle speculation on a couple of threads --- given the economic times we are in. I hope not also!!!

Tom

Ok, I am one of the odd man out here in that I like the new card design, but it is just something I like. Personally, as another poster has said, as long as I am cruising, I do not care what the card looks like.

The "line" for Platinum or higer cruisers is seperate. People are not "cutting in line". On the ships I have been on it is roped off by velvet type ropes and a different rug. There is also a sign that says "Conciere Service" or "VIP's" or something to that effect.

If there is a line for the general guest, people waiting in the conciere line will be helped first regardless. Thats a perk for having sailed with Carnival MANY times and spending your money with them.

As for people calling us pathetic. Get a life.:rolleyes: I am a single parent who works very hard and saves to go on and take my children on these vacations. We love Carnival. I appreciate being aknowledged for my continued patronage! I didn't expect to see a difference in service, but there is one when people see the different cards. I have always gotten great service, it was just kicked up a notch when I hit platinum.

Sorry you haven't hit that level yet, my suggestion.. Cruise more.. All the lines honor their returning cruisers in some way.

The new cards are a refreshingly different Change :eek:

They're new, modern and very In!

and I hope they're in use when next I cruise, which is late April!

I want the new ones to add to my collection!!

Well done, Carnival!

Variety and diversity... that's what it's all about...

:)

And here I thought that the Hokey Pokey was what it's all about!:cool:

I am a Platinum cruiser althought not yet a Milestone or Elite (we're working on it!) I took the time to read all of these posts and am now ready to chime in. I don't much care for the new card look, even with the background color change suggested. But I can't say that I didn't see this coming - new website look, new commercial look, new slogan, new Marketing guy, etc.

We have all of our previous S&S cards starting with 1995 on the Ecstasy. We will keep these cartoony ones to add to our collection. We will still be cruising when they move on (hopefully quickly) to a less cheesy design and will keep those too. I am just thankful that none of my previous cards had Kathy Lee's visage on them!:eek:

If there is a line for the general guest, people waiting in the conciere line will be helped first regardless. Thats a perk for having sailed with Carnival MANY times and spending your money with them.

I believe that was the intent - though I can count DOZENS of times when I walked up to the Concierge line and waited while person after person was called "Next" from the line to the 2 (sometimes 3) people behind the counter. I have never spoken up or said "I was next" - as that would surely draw the ire of those in the regular line. After a few minutes, they always get around to me. Granted, that is not the norm - usually they will come right to you when you stand in that line, but I would say 25% of the time they do drop the ball. Not a significant %, but still it does show that there is either not a strict policy pertaining to how people are helped in that line, or they don't enforce it!!!

Tom

What difference does the design on the card make? Does it really affect your cruise? Again, aren't you enjoying yourself on a cruise? Or is this just something to whine about?

Please just try and enjoy yourself. You are paying for a great cruise. And if the design on the card has any impact on that enjoyment, sorry!

I have to admit.... this is one of the reasons why I love Cruise Critic. Arguments and disagreements that erupt into world war III!!!!!!!! Hey, I think I'll wear sequined flip flops on formal night.... that should get you going!!!!!!

i still have all of mine, don't know why, but they're still in my wallet.:D

It's good to know that I'm not the only one doing this! ;)

Ditto...ours eventually make it to a scrapbook, but we seem to have trouble getting around to them!

As far as the point/counter-point is concerned (big deal vs. not). Sure the style or color of the card does not REALLY matter in the end. Then again, NOTHING REALLY MATTERS!! :eek:

Since that is the reality of the situation, I suppose none of us needs to waste our time talking about it here. Or anywhere for that matter...

The next time I buy a new car, I'll just tell the salesperson "I would like a car please - any of those will do". :D

The fact is, what is a little thing to someone may be major to someone else - or any point in between.

"Carry on - nothing going on here..."

Tom

I don't care either way. I just find it amusing to read the posts. If they don't keep them, fine. If they stay the same way, fine. I wasn't trying to insult anyone. I just think it's fun to read the posts. I guess if I had been a long time cruiser and was at the Platinum level, I would be a bit miffed at the thought of changing something that showed my achievement. As a one time cruiser, I don't have to worry about that yet. I look forward to the day when I too am upset that the color of the card was changed.

sounds like there is a lot of whining going on. yeah they are a little more cartoonish, but they are still blue, gold and silver.

what's the fuss!

Ahem...

That's blue, gold and PLATINUM.... :rolleyes:

:D

Tom

Ahem...

That's blue, gold and PLATINUM.... :rolleyes:

:D

Tom

Okay, don't get mad at me..... I've only been on one cruise. Remember back when you were only one cruise into your status..... Are there that many benefits when you become PLANTINUM???????

Okay, don't get mad at me..... I've only been on one cruise. Remember back when you were only one cruise into your status..... Are there that many benefits when you become PLANTINUM???????

No MADNESS here (well, I don't think I'm crazy... :confused:)

Gold Member

Exclusive past guest offers

Complimentary subscription to Currents magazine

Special Gold Sail & Sign card

Invitation to special cocktail reception (5 day or longer cruise)

Platinum Member - Carnival Concierge Club

All Gold member benefits

Carnival Concierge Club benefits* including:

Personalized stationery

A special Carnival logo item

Guaranteed dining times and supper club reservations

Complimentary $20 entry fee into blackjack or slots tournament**

Spa Carnival priority reservations

Petit fours and/or canapés delivered to cabin*** one evening

Complimentary wash and fold laundry service

Priority tender boarding

Priority embarkation and debarkation

Complimentary arcade tokens valued at $5 dollars for guests under

18 years of age

Platinum Member - Milestone

Sail and celebrate your Carnival “milestone” with our exciting new guest recognition program. Past guests who sail on a “milestone” 25th, 50th and 75th “Fun Ship” cruise will receive shipboard credit representing 25 percent, 50 percent, or 75 percent of their cruise fair, respectively, for that particular voyage. And, for your 100th earn a complimentary Caribbean, Mexican Riviera or Alaskan voyage up to eight days in length. These “milestone” cruise benefits are in addition to the other amenities and privileges of being a “Platinum” cardholder.

Tom

Archived