Labadee Pier

Someone here noted on their visit to Labadee about two weeks ago, workers were dropping survey anchors in the small bay marking the pier's location. Maybe someone has an update?

----------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

RCCL Platinum Member

Previous Cruises

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2001

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

Something in 2009 - just have not decided yet

RCCL Oasis of the Seas - April 17, 2010

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day - 2011

There is a thread around where a worker on the pier was posting about the progress. I remember the pier being ready in the fall, 2009. Basically just a few weeks or couple months in advance of the Oasis sailing there. At one time, I had an Aug 09 sailing on the Freedom of the Seas, and the pier was not going to be ready by then. For some reason Nov sounds familiar, but I'm not 100% sure.

I believe the Oasis Inaugural cruise (4 night to Labadee at the beginning of December) is supposed to be the first one to use the new pier.

The RCI website shows that Oasis is tendering on that 4 night Labadee cruise. I just figured that no one would want to get off the ship, four days isn't a lot of time to discover Oasis. Maybe the website is wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

The RCI website shows that Oasis is tendering on that 4 night Labadee cruise. I just figured that no one would want to get off the ship, four days isn't a lot of time to discover Oasis. Maybe the website is wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

That has to be a website error. Someone in their WONDERFUL tech department probably just cut-and-pasted from an existing itinerary. :rolleyes:

RCCL said quiet early on that tendering in NOT an option with oasis....she is simply to big.

I have never been to Labadee but looking at these pictures leads me to believe that because of where they are putting the pier the Oasis will block out the ocean views from the beach? I love the look of RCCL's ships but I do not want to stare at one while I am at the beach to enjoy the ocean (in the distance is fine as part of the view... just not the whole view!). Does anyone know if this is correct or not? Is there a map of Labadee that someone could post?

That has to be a website error. Someone in their WONDERFUL tech department probably just cut-and-pasted from an existing itinerary. :rolleyes:

I agree, the 4 night Pre inaugural is being billed as Labadee Extravaganza, it is supposed to be when all the new additions and improvements to ladadee are unvield. Hope so cos we're booked on it !!

At least we know that work is going on at Labadee....in Nassau NOTHING has started yet...no dredging or anything and I am not hearing anything about it starting anytime soon....only that is seems to be on a permanent delay:confused:starting to have my doubts about Nassau....this economy is screwing up everything:mad:

We'll be in Labadee in May on the Liberty. I read somewhere that Hideaway Beach, the furthest beach out, is closed because of the pier construction. Has anyone been there on the Liberty (or equivalent) since they closed the beach? I'm worried that it's going to be too crowded with that many people and so much less beach space.

Thanks,

Erica

We'll be in Labadee in May on the Liberty. I read somewhere that Hideaway Beach, the furthest beach out, is closed because of the pier construction. Has anyone been there on the Liberty (or equivalent) since they closed the beach? I'm worried that it's going to be too crowded with that many people and so much less beach space.

Thanks,

Erica

Yep, thats already been widely reported....guess thats why they are in the process of adding a new beach area...however don't think thats going to be ready until maybe mid to late summer.

Thanks,

Erica

The second three photos in my post above are of the beach expansion construction. There will be MUCH more beach area when they are finished.

We were there mid february, and it looks exactly like the pictures from December 30.

We were on the Freedom, but cannot comment on crowds as it was a rainy, windy colder day, and people were really not staying on the beach.

Hideaway beach is no more. That is where the dock is going, along with a brand spanking new Welcome Centre.

They had rendering posted on the barriers blocking access to Hideaway Beach when we were there last month.

This is the current state of construction on the pier.

http://schplinky.smugmug.com/gallery/7329577_4ReXe/1/471690630_VMejR/Medium

http://schplinky.smugmug.com/gallery/7329577_4ReXe/1/471689568_QejrS/Medium

I wish I had taken a close up picture of the Welcome Centre rendering...

There is a new restaurant building that looked quite complete, and a new kids area.

Mike

Mike

Hideaway beach is no more. That is where the dock is going, along with a brand spanking new Welcome Centre.

They had rendering posted on the barriers blocking access to Hideaway Beach when we were there last month.

This is the current state of construction on the pier.

http://schplinky.smugmug.com/gallery/7329577_4ReXe/1/471690630_VMejR/Medium

http://schplinky.smugmug.com/gallery/7329577_4ReXe/1/471689568_QejrS/Medium

I wish I had taken a close up picture of the Welcome Centre rendering...

There is a new restaurant building that looked quite complete, and a new kids area.

Mike

Mike

And LOTS more bathrooms!!! ;) :)

The second three photos in my post above are of the beach expansion construction. There will be MUCH more beach area when they are finished.

But I'll be there in mid-May, and I understand that they *won't* be finished by then, which is why I was concerned about the existing available beach area being overcrowded.

Erica

Archived