senior citizen discount question

a senior citizen discount is being offered on an upcoming cruise that i am going on. What i want to know is if only one of us in that cabin is a senior does the other person who is not a senior get that discount too? or does just the senior get it?

thank you

a senior citizen discount is being offered on an upcoming cruise that i am going on. What i want to know is if only one of us in that cabin is a senior does the other person who is not a senior get that discount too? or does just the senior get it?

thank you

Hi ,

only one senior is needed to get the discount for that cabin for both guests.

Wes

thank you

My DH swears that the only reason I keep him around is that he qualifies for the Senior rate. Me ... I've waaaaaaaaay too young for that!!! :p;)

Why do you think all of us 'younger women' keep these guys 55 and over???? Senior discount on room = more $ to spend in shops, lol

LOL yes us women do all think alike, haha There is some advantages to being married to an older man, lol.

Gotta love that Senior Rate, right? We got one on Serenade for April. Went from a E2 hump to a D1 hump for less money. Sweet.

DH is 65 and I am 52, so we have been able to take advantage of the senior rate for a while now. And now that he turned 65, even more with sometimes airfare, etc.

Luckily, he is 65 going on 30, so I have a young at heart 65 year old wonderful hubby that loves to live life to the fullest and enjoys the beach and sun as much as I do, so works out fabulous.

Yes you both get the discount. My DH and I travel with my parents alot and our TA suggested we put one parent in each room so we get the senior discount. We do it when ever there is a senior discount available.

When you are finally on board has there ever been an issue in switching your parent back together? Or do you just get extra keys for each room?

My DH swears that the only reason I keep him around is that he qualifies for the Senior rate. Me ... I've waaaaaaaaay too young for that!!! :p;)

Well, there *is* a kernel of truth in there, isn't there, Lorna?!?!?!? ;) :D

When you are finally on board has there ever been an issue in switching your parent back together? Or do you just get extra keys for each room?

Hi ,

once we had a similar situation ( on EOS) and you may do what is convenient for all, either get extra keys or switch to whatever works well for all. That is done when you are onboard at the guest services ..... they will provide the extra keys or do the 'computer switching for you'.

Wes

Why do you think all of us 'younger women' keep these guys 55 and over???? Senior discount on room = more $ to spend in shops, lol

Hi,

that is so 'sad' ....... I thought 'you' younger women keep 'us' for love and our good looks ....... now I see it is only for money ..... and a discount on a ship's cabin ........ the truth really hurts.

Wes

The senior rate is the only time I will admit to being that age!!! :D :D

I have to admit - so we can get the rate ....... wife ( 6 loooong months younger ) does not have to admit to anything.

BTW...the resident rates rules apply the same way...only one person needs to be a resident of the state offering the discount.

Same is true for the military rate.

Wes

How old do you have to be to get the senior rate and how much of a discount is it?? Thanks

To qualify for a senior rate, one passenger in the cabin has to be 55 or older.

There is no set senior discount. It varies by cruise and category. They typically only appear closer to the cruise but some cruises never have a senior discount appear for any category.

Archived