CCL Shareholder Benefit Approved & Extended :)

FIRELT5

[quote name='innlady1']

Question: We're booked on a twenty day cruise (a b2b of 10 days each but booked as one cruise). Does that mean just one onboard credit. How much in a verandah stateroom?[/QUOTE]
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]Based on what RuthC (a long time cruiser) said in an earlier post, it means just one onboard credit. Don't feel bad, we're on a 32 day b2b and get one OBC. :( Stateroom accommodation is not a factor. For complete details, there is a link at the bottom of this post "[COLOR="Red"]CCL Shareholder Benefit[/COLOR]" that will give you all the information.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='fun_seeker'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Based on what RuthC (a long time cruiser) said in an earlier post, it means just one onboard credit. Don't feel bad, we're on a 32 day b2b and get one OBC. :( Stateroom accommodation is not a factor. For complete details, there is a link at the bottom of this post "[COLOR=red]CCL Shareholder Benefit[/COLOR]" that will give you all the information.[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

That's a bummer. Guess it would have been best to book it as two 10 day cruises...although I think there was a small savings...guess it might be a wash. Interesting.

Thanks, Dave. I'll keep an eye on it. You know the saying: Buy low, sell high! I'm kicking myself for not buying it late winter/early spring. ;)

[quote name='fun_seeker'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]We received our credit by e-mail in the form of a copy of our booking sheet within a day or two of requesting it by e-mail this year. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]By the way, that super large font is the text equivalent of shouting. Is that what you intend?[/FONT][/SIZE][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Funseeker...[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Thanks... Will request it next week & advise everyone when we receive our confirmation..[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]BTW...Actually Cruise Critic Guidelines state only all CAPS is considered shouting.. [URL]http://www.cruisecritic.com/community/guide.cfm#14[/URL][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=3]Quote:[/SIZE]
ALL CAPS Typing in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS is considering shouting by many, so please double check your caps lock key before posting. Unquote

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]It's the same in e-mail etiquette: [URL]http://www.emailreplies.com/[/URL][/SIZE][/FONT]
[B][SIZE=3]Quote 10. Do not write in CAPITALS.[/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=3]IF YOU WRITE IN CAPITALS IT SEEMS AS IF YOU ARE SHOUTING. This can be highly annoying and might trigger an unwanted response in the form of a flame mail. Therefore, try not to send any email text in capitals. Unquote[/SIZE][/B]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]We have several posters use large font & quite frankly it is so much easier to read than those who use light pink or yellow font..Many of us (including me) find it very difficult to read posts in pink or the very light colors & we tend to skip over posts which are in these light colors...[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Years ago one of our Internet Instructor's told us if we wanted to[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3] SHOUT USE ALL CAPS..LOL[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3];)Betty[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='innlady1']Looks like I missed the boat (no pun intended) on this one. I was going to buy in March, was sidetracked and totally forgot. :eek::rolleyes::eek:

Any stock market gurus here? Do you think it will continue to go up - or down?
It closed yesterday at $30.92, the 52 week range being $14.85 - $42.13 (that's what my investment club always looks at). Does it ever split?

I guess I should buy it just for the OBC's and not necessarily for its' stock worthiness. ;) However, if you guys think it will go down, I may wait a bit.

Question: We're booked on a twenty day cruise (a b2b of 10 days each but booked as one cruise). Does that mean just one onboard credit. How much in a verandah stateroom?[/quote]

[SIZE=3]Actually if you booked two [/SIZE][SIZE=3]B2B[/SIZE][SIZE=3] of ten days each you would only get $100 OBC on each cruise..Total $200..When booking it as one cruise of 14 days or more you get $250 OBC..The CCL OBC benefit is: [COLOR=black]6 days or less $50.00 , 7 to 13 days $100.00 & 14 days or longer $250.00..[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Kween Karen']I WAS going to do this a few weeks ago too.....key word here being 'was'! Bummer.........should have just DONE it![/quote]

[SIZE=3]Innlady & Karen...For those who are taking the longer cruises, why wait?...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]If you have [/SIZE][SIZE=3]$3100 to purchase 100 shares even at $31.00 a share, I believe it's still a good deal..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The $250 OBC is actually almost 9% interest on your $3100 investment..[/SIZE][SIZE=3]:D Where can you get that kind of interest now?;) CD's tops are paying less than 5%..Think about it..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]You can even purchase it in your IRA & still keep it in your IRA to get the $250. OBC..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Perhaps someone who is or has been in the financial business will weigh in on this & let me know if I'm being overly optomistic.. [/SIZE]

We're doing two 14 day B2B & only getting one OBC ..It was less booking it as one cruise..so no problem..

[SIZE=3]Betty[/SIZE]

Any stock market gurus here? Do you think it will continue to go up - or down?

It closed yesterday at $30.92, the 52 week range being $14.85 - $42.13 (that's what my investment club always looks at). Does it ever split?

Sheila, just buy it. Don't worry about whether or not it's at it's low point.

You and Fred cruise, and intend to keep cruising. Just think of the on board credits you get by owning the stock. They add up. And they're not taxed! When you think of the credits as an after-tax income it's very nice, indeed.

Thanks FireLT5 for posting this link and telling us about the stock benefit. And thanks to lorekauf & camp637 for answering my questions about it being too late. And a big thanks for Ruth for recommending that we buy the stock regardless of the price. We have been sailing on HAL since 04, as a librarian I am use to getting my own anwers so I didn't register on Cruise Critic until a couple of days ago. I can now see now what a valuable resource this board is. I already knew that Cruise Critic was a valuable website.

Thanks guys---even the ones I didn't mention in this thread. All of your input was valuable.

Does anyone know much about the fuel surcharge? We are going on 10 day Princess b2b Ne/Canada in Sept./Oct. and then on 19 day HAL 11/2 Panama Canal so this is a costly question. All the cruises are paid for by now. If they put on the fuel surcharge do we have to pay for it with money before the cruise or can we use cruise credits for it? We will have a really big credit on the Canal cruise.

Does anyone know much about the fuel surcharge? We are going on 10 day Princess b2b Ne/Canada in Sept./Oct. and then on 19 day HAL 11/2 Panama Canal so this is a costly question. All the cruises are paid for by now. If they put on the fuel surcharge do we have to pay for it with money before the cruise or can we use cruise credits for it?

Any answer to your question would be mere conjecture. At this point there is no fuel surcharge. If one were to be introduced it would come with it's own set of parameters within which it would be applied.

The questions would include how much notice before it was applied? Would there be exemptions (such as already paid in full)? How to handle it if it were close to sailing? And probably a lot more considerations, too.

At this point, worrying about it is energy wasted, IMO.

• 1 month later...
Thanks FireLT5 for posting this link and telling us about the stock benefit. And thanks to lorekauf & camp637 for answering my questions about it being too late. And a big thanks for Ruth for recommending that we buy the stock regardless of the price. We have been sailing on HAL since 04, as a librarian I am use to getting my own anwers so I didn't register on Cruise Critic until a couple of days ago. I can now see now what a valuable resource this board is. I already knew that Cruise Critic was a valuable website.

Thanks guys---even the ones I didn't mention in this thread. All of your input was valuable.

Thanks FireLT5 for posting this thread and everyone that contributed information. We puchase Carnival Stock. We have made money on the stock even though it did go down today. The e-mail address was correct per conversation with HAL. I scanned our statement showing the purchase and attached it to the email asking for onboard credit for our next two cruises---$250 each.

Thanks Cruise Critic Members. We are really going to enjoy having that onboard credit. Wish I had joined Cruise Critic sooner. I could have purchased at a lower price. And thanks Ruth for saying---just purchase it.

And thanks Ruth for saying---just purchase it.

You're welcome. I don't pay attention to the current price---I would go mad, and investments are for the long haul. But I get a real kick out of those on-board credits! They are like non-taxable dividends.

Okaaaaaay, I'm gonna have to have another look at this -- $250 OBC is pretty nice. $100 is nice. $250 is real nice.....

$250 is 07.5 % of the price of Carnival Stock. If you go on two cruises of 14 days that is 15% made on your purchase price. And if you do that every year for about 6.5 years, you will have paid off the price of the stock just in onboard credit. That is why Ruth says just buy it!!!

I deliberated for a couple of days from the time I read the thread and the price went up at least $2. Now it has gone up a couple of more dollars.

Yeah, I have the Cdn dollar exchange rate to worry about, too.

That always sucks. I bought mine last year when they were $29USD and I paid an extra 18% on top of that for exchange. At one point I think the shares were trading about $19 USD. That would have been a good time to buy. At least the exchange rate is a little more favorable now.

Archived