I won a free Royal Caribbean cruise!

Feel free to bring me along with you! :D My mom & I are still saving up for a possible cruise this December on VOTS! (Voyager of the Seas in Royal Caribbean talk.) :D Anaway... Congrats on winning your cruise! I hope Norwegian will forgive you for missing a week of work!

Congratulations! I won a cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas in 1997 and that's what started all this craziness! Before that, we had the WORST time on a now defunct ship of Carnival, the old Mardi Gras and I swore I would never cruise again. I'm so happy that now I want nothing other than RCCL to cruise with! Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations! I am envious to say the least.

When I found your post last night, I spent a while reading your blog and watching your youtube videos. My 16 yr old thinks he wants to work on a cruise ship. We'd definitely like to hear more about what it takes to work on a cruise ship.

I'm sooo excited! I'm currently working on a ship but I spoke to my mom last night and we won a free cruise on Royal Caribbean (7 day Caribbean) with free airline tickets and a hotel room! We entered the contest at a Cleveland Cavs basketball game and we won! I'm going to book it for my vacation in Aug/Sept but I'm thrilled I can finally try Royal. Thanks for reading I'm just so excited I had to post something!!

Is that your Golden in the small photo? Gorgeous dog! :)

Hey OP...

This is totally off the mark, but, there has been a lot of debate on the RCCL boards of late regarding what the staff of cruise ships make. Now, I am not asking what you make, but could you verify for us by starting a new thread? Maybe an average? What do waiters / bartenders make salary-wise before tips? I have been told around $100 per month before tips. Could you also verify if the staff is given all tips or if the cruise lines keep a portion?

Thanks in advance and congratulations!!

:DCongratulations! I enjoy your help over on the NCL boards, and it seems as if all that good Karma is coming right back at ya. Don't forget the Royal now has "My Time Dining", so request that if you wish.

Or better yet, try the traditional dining so you can really compare RC with NCL.

Whichever you try, CONGRATULATIONS!!

I'm sooo excited! I'm currently working on a ship but I spoke to my mom last night and we won a free cruise on Royal Caribbean (7 day Caribbean) with free airline tickets and a hotel room! We entered the contest at a Cleveland Cavs basketball game and we won! I'm going to book it for my vacation in Aug/Sept but I'm thrilled I can finally try Royal. Thanks for reading I'm just so excited I had to post something!!

Congratulations! I have always enjoyed your blog so it's cool you get to try other things. I'd love to hear your comparisons afterward.

Archived