I won a free Royal Caribbean cruise!

I'm sooo excited! I'm currently working on a ship but I spoke to my mom last night and we won a free cruise on Royal Caribbean (7 day Caribbean) with free airline tickets and a hotel room! We entered the contest at a Cleveland Cavs basketball game and we won! I'm going to book it for my vacation in Aug/Sept but I'm thrilled I can finally try Royal. Thanks for reading I'm just so excited I had to post something!!

Congratulations! :)

Aside of being jealous ... :p:cool:

if you may choose, take the Freedom. The Cruise director Rich(ard) Spacey really rocks. Check out Youtube for some of his performances ... have not seen any cruise director have so many posts on Youtube!

Aside of that the Freedom Class Ships are all 1:1. Have only been on the Freedom so far and on some minor areas the ship looks a little bit worn off meanwhile. But that's really minor.

So in case you are looking for fun in combination with a blasting ship, go and see the Freedom.

Have fun!

PS Would be nice to read your feedback when you're back - especially in comparison to your insights to other ships being a cruise member.

PS Would be nice to read your feedback when you're back - especially in comparison to your insights to other ships being a cruise member.

I will be blogging about it but I'm sure it will be a great cruise! It's impossible to have a bad cruise IMHO.

Congratulations! If you get to choose, I also recommend a Freedom class ship (Freedom, Liberty, or Independence). I hope you have a wonderful vacation! When you go, you need to post a link on this forum to your blog. I'm sure many would be interested in reading it.

Hey OP...

This is totally off the mark, but, there has been a lot of debate on the RCCL boards of late regarding what the staff of cruise ships make. Now, I am not asking what you make, but could you verify for us by starting a new thread? Maybe an average? What do waiters / bartenders make salary-wise before tips? I have been told around $100 per month before tips. Could you also verify if the staff is given all tips or if the cruise lines keep a portion?

Thanks in advance and congratulations!!

I know for me, I don't need to know how much they make but I'm more interested on what you do on the ship?

My wife won a free cruise playing bingo on the Voyager. We are taking our free bingo cruise on 03/29/09. Enjoy your cruise, maybe you will jump ships? lol

Do they send out a 1099 for these and how will it be valued? Full book price?

Yes, they do have to send out a 1099 and typically it is reported at full book price, but what you can do is go online and get the pricing to book the exact same cruise in the same category, to show what it really should be.

Congratulations James!!! from one Buckeye to another.:D

I, too, will be interested in your feedback from the cruise. DH & I have cruised RCCL 2x but have cruised other lines a total of 23X with most cruises sailed on NCL.

Hoping to one day sail on a ship with you.

Dianne

Archived