Speedos, yes or no?

eXCell2nd

So my girlfriend and I are about to go on our first cruise on the Carnival Ecstasy leaving March 21st and I'm debating whether or not to wear a speedo. Seeing as how most American men wear swim trunks instead of speedos, I'm just trying to figure out if I would look too out of place wearing one. Thanks in advance!

Oh, don't...even if you have the body for it---save it for the beach! They aren't a flattering look on any man.

My wife would second that.

But, the most important thing, is whether or not your GF thinks you look good in them ;)

Speedos are a big thing for European men. On our Navigator cruise there were a few Speedos, all on Europeans, and most of those shouldn't have been wearing them----when your tummy hangs down covers the front of the Speedo and you look like you're not wearing anything from the front....well, you get the picture.

But if you want to wear it, then do.

Don't do it. I'm all for the "wear what you want" most of the time...but I can PROMISE you, people will be laughing at you behind your back. It doesn't matter if you have a great bod or not.

Only on the beach...and that's even a maybe.

Tisha

well, i'm 22, 6'0" and weigh 150 pounds, if that's any help :)

Well, it certainly doesn't sound like you'll have the "tummy hanging over" issue! :)

I'd say if you already have a pair of trunks or board shorts, go ahead and bring them along with your Speedo - swimsuits don't take up much room in a suitcase. (If you don't already have any trunks, you could just buy a cheap pair at Target or something.)

Then when you are ready to go swimming, you can also scope out the pool area beforehand and see who's wearing what. If it seems like you'd be the only guy in a Speedo, and you'd be uncomfortable with that, then wear the trunks instead.

well, i'm 22, 6'0" and weigh 150 pounds, if that's any help :)

Maybe you should wear it, and then stand next to the middle aged fat guys wearing them. Hopefully, they'll be embarrased enough to go change. Although, I doubt it.

At 22, single, cruising with your GF, I STILL say wear it if your GF thinks you look good in it.

If I wore one, my wife wouldn't come out of the cabin.

So my girlfriend and I are about to go on our first cruise on the Carnival Ecstasy leaving March 21st and I'm debating whether or not to wear a speedo. Seeing as how most American men wear swim trunks instead of speedos, I'm just trying to figure out if I would look too out of place wearing one. Thanks in advance!

I saw a few middle aged, overweight, EXTREMELY HAIRY men wear Speedos on my cruise last year, and they couldn't have cared less what others thought.

At 22, 6'0", 150... If that's what you want to wear... go for it!

Don't let these people tell you not to wear one.

Nothing wrong with Speedos. I lived with an Englishman for years, and he always wore them. Didn't matter that everyone else had on baggy trunks that came below their knees. He was a European and he was going to wear his Speedo!

:p

Wearing a speedo is no better or worse than wearing anything else. Guys in shape will look good wearing whatever. Out-of-shape guys won't look good wearing whatever. That's just how it goes.

Same goes for the women.

Wear whatever you're comfortable wearing.

Wear it if you want to. Personally I don't see the difference between a man wearing a speedo and a woman wearing a bikini. Don't let others discourage you ... they are probably just jealous!!!

It seems to me that when someone asks for an opinion and if they will feel out of place that if there are few if any men wearing them, then the answer is yes they will probably feel out of place, AND if the OP did not care what others thought on the subject I assume they would not ask.

It is not like he came on and said I am wearing one, and then everyone just gave opinion on way or the other.

Please don't wear the speedo. It sounds like you look mighty fine, but trust me, as a women, they just are not manly in any way. You will end up feeling a lot more comfortable wearing the "american style trunks." And all the American women will think your hot! I'm a hot 41 yr old and I also just enjoy a little "eye candy" just like all of our men. (Married or Single) *Everyone looks. Just not everyone will admit it!

Please don't wear the speedo. It sounds like you look mighty fine, but trust me, as a women, they just are not manly in any way. You will end up feeling a lot more comfortable wearing the "american style trunks." And all the American women will think your hot! I'm a hot 41 yr old and I also just enjoy a little "eye candy" just like all of our men. (Married or Single) *Everyone looks. Just not everyone will admit it!

Gotta agree here. I enjoy an attractive male body as much as any woman, but I find Speedos a total gross-out. There's a difference between eye candy and TMI (Too Much Information!) ;)

Archived