Royal Champions

Admin

Not sure about your point here, other than you must have a lot of extra time on your hands unless there is some automatic way to count posts I'm not aware of.

I do notice that of the top 10 most frequent posters 5 are RC's and 5 are not.

That is funny!!! Yes, there is an automatic way to find post counts...

###

Are you saying that there were no "perks" of any kind extended to you when you accepted the RC title? None?

No perks were offered. To the best of my memory from the email LAST YEAR, it said something like you may be contacted in the future for polls or your opinion. As at least 5 other people have posted, probably more, nothing was said about why they picked anyone, everyone is equally baffled why they were picked for the focus group. The more recent email only asked if you were still interested to please confirm your contact information, nothing more.

I read posts that say that RCers were asked to change or sway opioions and lots of other stuff that was never said or implied by either email. Nothing else has occured, just those two emails. Go read cruiserccl's post #2 on this thread, he states exactly what happened. The first email came thru CC, the second more recent email came direct from RCL and promised nothing.

Just because in 2007 some others of the original RCs were invited to a first sailing doesnt mean anyone else will. It did happen before the latest folks were invited to join last year.

here's a review i wrote compaeing rci vs xs millennium.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=37689

most of my posts for almost the last year and a half have been on the roll call i started for the 46 day mariner repo around the horn. no review yet as we're sorting the pictures first.

I have to disagree. There are some of us that are NOT "jealous" by any stretch of the imagination, but still find this whole concept disturbing. And yes, I think if any cruise line is giving certain chosen posters "perks", then that should be acknowledged. It seems that most of the RCers are happy to have been hand picked by their favorite cruise line and proudly display their title of RC in their signature.

hi catnip

i'm doing one finger typing, my left had is injured

here's something i posted a while back

For a while, walk a mile in my shoes. The two “free” events my wife and I have attended have cost us over $2000. If RCI wants to buy and/or influence me, they’re going to have to do a lot better.

As I’ve said before, if they keep inviting us to many more free events, we’ll have to file bankruptcy,

If we ever really get free 7 day cruises or cocktail parties with execs, that might go a long way to buying us,

jc what am i half cured off ?

And sure let me know when you've determined if i'm a bad person or not !!

I'm sure CC can confirm my IP - Grasping at straws !!

jj.....

Actually CC can't confirm your IP..if you don't want them to...as JC tried to tell you there are hundreds of IP blockers available for anyone to use to keep others from seeing their "true" IP address.....after you Google "I need a clue" try Googling "IP Blockers" :rolleyes:

There's a hyperlink that does that for you.

Oh, thank you. See how helpful people are on CC? Now I have learned something new.

I have been around CC for just over 6 years now, but with less than a thousand posts I guess I am still a bit of a "Newbie".

Thanks again MrPete!

Post count on this thread so far....

Who Posted?

Total Posts: 525

User Name Posts

xpcdoojk 40

jaxon41 40

coxswain 36

glgolfer 33

Ocean Boy 31

Ladylouwho 28

Alexis 23

pcur 15

Elizanessie 15

Toddcan 14

5waldos 14

Admin 14

BecciBoo 13

Goldryder 10

cruisenfever 10

Catnip 9

beachbuzzard 8

bilyclub 7

Arizona Laura 7

Cruiserccl 6

ChristieNJ 6

Ladder55 6

Bruin Steve 6

benicehavefun 6

critterchick 6

Schplinky 5

The Grumpus 5

cruisinMike 4

LauraS 4

HorrorFan 4

cruzendude 4

temple1 3

rool 3

wolfganghowell 3

megr1125 3

PeterPan 3

oysterdam 3

Bruins14 3

rian90 3

nanfromatlanta 3

MrPete 3

FireIce0010 3

Davey Interweb 3

tha sista 2

TexasAnn 2

akcruz 2

petesweet 2

crusinmama06 2

firefly333 2

kenevenpar 2

MAZANDSTEVE 2

Pumbaamd 2

Rancher Dave 2

wrp96 2

GXmanDC 2

pbhunt 1

jlmza2350 1

emmy 1

vickiw0318 1

Atomica 1

ancldaca 1

JSnow789 1

Merion_Mom 1

tejmar 1

seasearider 1

SargassoPirate 1

cruisingator2 1

ChevyCruiser 1

cyukuk 1

bickee 1

silentbob007 1

flames 1

SteveB48 1

14 Days or Longer 1

runnerandme 1

CruiseLiz 1

Brad1185 1

ruskatab 1

Chicagobob 1

cruiserbryce 1

Grandiva 1

SwingChickie 1

missbear 1

AudioFilly 1

stlwaterbaby 1

erin_cruisers 1

Happy ks 1

booze brothers 1

Micki Dee 1

reallyitsmema 1

cruiseloverandagent 1

Show Thread & Close Window

###

Wow PC, you have more patience than I do to go back and see who has posted on this thread. How you been doing?

Are you telling me you haven't been around when this has been discussed about five hundred times in the past 4 days???

No I'm not telling you that. I have been around for 2 days, please excuse me if I missed the first 2. :rolleyes:

What I understood (and again pardon me but I'm sure as he** not wading thru the last 2 days of posts) was that the RCers were chosen to "passionately discuss" RCCL cruising here at CC and perhaps even another mega-cruise board. I also understood that "perks" were given to these chosen people. I will ask you again, are you telling me that you have not been extended any of these perks when you were picked to be a RCer?

No I'm not telling you that. I have been around for 2 days, please excuse me if I missed the first 2. :rolleyes:

What I understood (and again pardon me but I'm sure as he** not wading thru the last 2 days of posts) was that the RCers were chosen to "passionately discuss" RCCL cruising here at CC and perhaps even another mega-cruise board. I also understood that "perks" were given to these chosen people. I will ask you again, are you telling me that you have not been extended any of these perks when you were picked to be a RCer?

If you just go one page back, to my post not even an hour ago, the ONLY email from RCL asked for contact information, nothing else other than name, address, phone etc, nothing was offered.

There was one prior email last year that was from CC and said we may be asked to take a poll or whatever, for RCL, if we were interested to provide our contact info which would be provided to RCL. CC's email only said what RCL may want from us, nothing was offered, nothing was asked of us and posting was never mentioned.

Post #2 in this thread explains what I just said if you think Im lying along with everyone else. Nothing has been offered, no perks, and posting was never discussed. ... so why do people like you keep posting about perks being offered when not one RC poster has said they were? Where are you getting these ideas???? Im curious as to where these rumors keep coming from?

You can see it for yourself - just go out of the thread and click on the link that shows the number of posts. I didn't compare it person by person - and there have been more posts since that was posted ....but it seemed pretty close to me?

Why do you think it isn't correct?

Because they posted previously, and they are upset because they are not listed in the posters on this thread. Who wants to explain to them how if you are poofed it is as if you never posted?:D

Volunteers? Go ahead jj. lol

jc

No perks were offered. To the best of my memory from the email LAST YEAR, it said something like you may be contacted in the future for polls or your opinion. As at least 5 other people have posted, probably more, nothing was said about why they picked anyone,

Just because in 2007 some others of the original RCs were invited to a first sailing doesnt mean anyone else will. It did happen before the latest folks were invited to join last year.

So it appears that there was 2 groups of RCers? Those that got some perks and those that have not?

If that is the case, then I obviously misunderstood and apologize profusely to the group that did get any perks.

Mea culpa!

If you just go one page back, to my post not even an hour ago, the ONLY email from RCL asked for contact information, nothing else other than name, address, phone etc, nothing was offered.

I'm just seeing this post. I just responded to your last one from the previous page.

I had stepped out for awhile to go to the grocery store and evidently missed a page when I got home.

Mea Culpa x2

So it appears that there was 2 groups of RCers? Those that got some perks and those that have not?

If that is the case, then I obviously misunderstood and apologize profusely to the group that did get any perks.

Mea culpa!

From what I have read here on CC, there was a original group of 38 who meet on a ship in 2007. A new group has been invited to join last year. The original group coined the name Royal Champions on board.

The folks who got the invite last year, have only heard from RCL recently and only asking for contact information.

I believe that they were chosen Because they passionately discuss RCI, not To passionately discuss RCI. There is no contract, no agreement. RCI has also never revoked the status for negative or unflattering reviews.

.... club to "stamp out" certain CC posters? What club is this?

Firefly333,

The thread was started on the main boards and is now on Float-a-Way. It is called "The Internet Coalition to Stamp Out Whining". And just as an FYI it was started by an RC right about the time some people started talking about the RC Program on CC after various media forms and statements by RCL shone a light on the Program.

It is basically a club (I guess?) to whine about posters who are supposedly whiners. Didn't seem to have any other meaning but a negative one. Negative, whining thread complaining about supposed negative, whining CCers. The intent seemed to be "Stamp em out! Some people even put in their signatures that they were members or founders of the "Coalition".

Nice, uh?

Hey by the way, we are practically neighbors (or at least in the same Metro area) we are in Colleyville.

Colleen

Archived