Royal Champions

Admin

No perks were offered. To the best of my memory from the email LAST YEAR, it said something like you may be contacted in the future for polls or your opinion. As at least 5 other people have posted, probably more, nothing was said about why they picked anyone, everyone is equally baffled why they were picked for the focus group. The more recent email only asked if you were still interested to please confirm your contact information, nothing more.

I read posts that say that RCers were asked to change or sway opioions and lots of other stuff that was never said or implied by either email. Nothing else has occured, just those two emails. Go read cruiserccl's post #2 on this thread, he states exactly what happened. The first email came thru CC, the second more recent email came direct from RCL and promised nothing.

Just because in 2007 some others of the original RCs were invited to a first sailing doesnt mean anyone else will. It did happen before the latest folks were invited to join last year.

I have not read cruiserccl's posting so I have no idea what his emails said.

firefly333 has said exactly what my emails said.

Oh, thank you. See how helpful people are on CC? Now I have learned something new.

I have been around CC for just over 6 years now, but with less than a thousand posts I guess I am still a bit of a "Newbie".

Thanks again MrPete!

No, we all know you. ;)

Colleen, I believe the anti-whiners started out after a guy from MA started a thread complaining that RCs were getting perks that he wasn't. He is "almost Diamond Plus" and was angry that they were given a status based on # of posts rather than number of cruises taken or amount of money spent with the line. He complained that since he isn't retired he can't post as much as those who are. It seemed very whiny to me but others seem to agree with him obviously. Anyway I'm not really sure what consequence it has. They aren't in a position to "stamp out whining." They don't moderate the board.

And for full disclosure, I asked to be included in the group. Sometimes it seems like there are a lot discussions about complaints rather than the fun of cruising.

GXmanDC,

Oh...I had seen the thread, it was during a time I was taking a break from CC after some pretty mean personal attacks (nothing to do with this subject). Anyway, I am so sick of all the personal, name calling stuff. People can discuss, debate, argue, etc. Why do people have to be labeled as whiners because they question certain things? I just seem to think it is a pretty negative thread, but I am sure most "joined" in lighthearted fun.

If this guy was out of line he should have been dealt with through the mods, you shouldn't really start a thread about another CCer...JMO.

Anyway, I wish the people who name call and berate would get their comeuppance instead of people who have legitimate questions about programs or policies. Obviously RCL didn't "buy" the RCers, most are telling us they didn't even really know what it was all about and still don't. I certainly believe that.

I am just getting really excited about my next cruise (2 1/2 months) and spending entirely too much time on the Boards......

Colleen

Does a Champion - CC or RCCL have a copy of what the CHAMPIONS signed up too ?

jj.....

I personally never signed up for anything. ;)

What are you foolish enough to think we all signed contracts.

Get real here. :rolleyes:

Now you have really gone out in left field.

Hi Colleen, I am not sure when the RC threads started back last year when someone got the first email from the new group that I remember, there have been lots of threads since then. I cant think that the threads about whiners and RC are connected?? beats me.

email any time, my email is in my profile. Im usually around except Im going up to the panhandle this weekend.

I really do not think they are. :rolleyes:

I think that is far fetched. To me it was a joke like most threads started like that. There are all kinds of names over there.

I can't believe this "discussion" is still going on. Anyone who's been on these boards for even just a short time knows all about the Royal Champions. Most of them have the name posted in their signatures and they talked openly about their invites (those that were) to the Liberty Pre-Inaugural cruise and the Oasis Reveal. There were even "live" threads from both events that I and many others personally enjoyed reading. Most of the RC's have gotten no "perks" so to speak...nothing beyond email contacts, which they have again talked about here on CC. I see no deception in anything the Royal Champions have done.

I find most of them to be honest, straightforward, informative and very friendly people. They offer a wealth of knowledge to these boards and I support them wholeheartedly!:)

If certain people on these boards don't trust the motives of the Royal Champions or have a problem now with CC, then don't read their posts or better yet, you can always find another cruise message board. That's your choice.

No...I am not a Royal Champion...I just support your right to be one!

Don't you mean start a poll lol lol

jj......

When you quote a person, at least put their name with their quote. Like I did with yours. ;)

That way we will know it is from a real posting and we can check on it.

Thank you.

For those who care, here’s the sequence of events,

For those who will never believe us, you can ignore it lol

2007 – We received an email from cc asking if we would supply contact info to RCI so they could contact us.

Once we determined it was legit, we responded with the info.

We were then invited to one of two 2 night preinaugurals of the Liberty.

Some went to NJ others went to Miami.

While onboard we were invited to a “reception” where we met Richard Fain, Adam Goldstein and Alice Norsworthy

no contracts either verbal or written were ever implied or signed.

As we left we were given a plastic duffel bag with 4 items in it, one of which was a drink tumbler with royal champion engraved on it.

At no time were we told it was any kind of campaign, nor were we told what or how to post.

We all assumed it was a one time thing and never heard from RCI again Until we were asked to evaluate a royal connection website. I looked at it and determined it was worthless to me.

We were also asked for our dream cruise and something else I don’t remember for use in the C&A magazine. They never used any of mine.

Next was the oasis media event in New York City that some of us attended.

Su far it has cost my wife and I over $2000 to attend these free events.

If RCI wants to buy or influence me, they’re going to have to do better than that.

In 2 years, we’ve never been told how or what to post. The article was as much of a surprise to ue as anyone.

Believe me or not, I don’t really care.

I think I’m done with this, I’ve told it honestly and that’s all I can do.

For those who care, here’s the sequence of events,

For those who will never believe us, you can ignore it lol

2007 – We received an email from cc asking if we would supply contact info to RCI so they could contact us.

Once we determined it was legit, we responded with the info.

We were then invited to one of two 2 night preinaugurals of the Liberty.

Some went to NJ others went to Miami.

While onboard we were invited to a “reception” where we met Richard Fain, Adam Goldstein and Alice Norsworthy

no contracts either verbal or written were ever implied or signed.

As we left we were given a plastic duffel bag with 4 items in it, one of which was a drink tumbler with royal champion engraved on it.

At no time were we told it was any kind of campaign, nor were we told what or how to post.

We all assumed it was a one time thing and never heard from RCI again Until we were asked to evaluate a royal connection website. I looked at it and determined it was worthless to me.

We were also asked for our dream cruise and something else I don’t remember for use in the C&A magazine. They never used any of mine.

Next was the oasis media event in New York City that some of us attended.

Su far it has cost my wife and I over $2000 to attend these free events.

If RCI wants to buy or influence me, they’re going to have to do better than that.

In 2 years, we’ve never been told how or what to post. The article was as much of a surprise to ue as anyone.

Believe me or not, I don’t really care.

I think I’m done with this, I’ve told it honestly and that’s all I can do.

It's not going to matter what you say to those who started all of these ridiculous threads...they're never going to believe you. Save your breath, or should I say, save your typing.:)

For what it's worth, there are those of us that do believe, support, and are thankful for the Royal Champions. I have gotten some great advice and information from many of them and some good conversation too!:)

Ok, fine, I will lead the song.. Let's jump right to the chorus

"It's those changes in latittudes

Changes in attitudes,

Nothin' remains quite the same.

With all of our cunning,

And all of our running,

If we couldn't laugh,

We'd all go insane...

See? We're all holding hands and singing now.. that's the way. :D

I prefer Koom Byah myself......and I think I am one of the few people around who actually knows what Koom Byah means!! :D

Just catching up on the thread; interesting today.

That is exaclty what I have said. Over and over and....:rolleyes:

That goes for me also. Not a single word mentioned or promise of anything.

I never even thought that.

I have also said that over and over. ;)

Alexis

That is exaclty what I have said. Over and over and....:rolleyes:

OB, confusion stems that the first group chosen was invited on the Liberty PI and the second group has not been given anything but what does it really matter? The lynch mob could care less about the truth as they are only out to hang first then find out the truth later.:rolleyes: Kind of like the Salem witch hunt.

Be careful, you're dating yourself. :D

I go out on dates with myself all the time.....to chick flicks :D:D:D

I'm done here, guys and gals....see you all on other threads.......this nag is definitely dead (the horse/thread, not me).

I go out on dates with myself all the time.....to chick flicks :D:D:D

I'm done here, guys and gals....see you all on other threads.......this nag is definitely dead (the horse/thread, not me).

I bet you're good company too...but I digress.:p

OK, I'm confused again. One of the RCers said that was true a few pages ago. :confused:

One group, not two groups. Just that some joined in 2007 and the rest in 2008, same group. Doesnt mean they are not the same group, all RCs.

I think Im joining the folks who say enough!!!! See ya in other threads. Im on a cruise on Voyager in 3 sundays, Im a happy cruiser.

I have a few questions for the Royal Champions. I am assuming alot of the Royal Champions are diamond and diamond plus and im sure some of you are shareholders. When RC started implementing the cutbacks and taking away some of the perks and stopped allowing combining the discounts and the OBC's did you let RC know about your disatisfaction? Do you provide any feedback on any other matters that you are not happy with. I just wonder if these members could also be a voice for the little people that RC is forgetting about.

One group, not two groups. Just that some joined in 2007 and the rest in 2008, same group. Doesnt mean they are not the same group, all RCs.

OK, same "group", but evidently some of that same group got perks (free 2 day cruise on Liberty) and some did not. Some are adament about not getting any perks and some admit that they did.

That's where some of the confusion may be coming from.

Archived