Honey Stung Chicken?

You are indeed well informed! It is marinated in the pickle juice.

Their breakfast bisquits are to die for too. I love the Spanish omlet bisquit with sausage. Yum!

Aubie

WOW...I've learn something new. Pickle Juice....hmmmmmm. I'll have to try that. I marinate and boil my chicken, for chix salad in tea. Makes it tender and tasty. :)

It could be honey stung chicken droppings---what makes it great is that its lunch on the ship--day one of your cruise--your finally there------and that will make almost anything taste great--add to that the tradition

jmho

Paul

I tried the honey stung chicken on our recent sailing on the Serenade. The honey stung chicken was good, but not great. I think it has more to do with the tradition than anything else.

It was a breaded chicken breast with a slight sweet tang to it. Nothing special but went great with mashed potatoes.

I think it's more of a Day 1 tradition for most people. It's good, but it ain't no Chick-Fil-a.:D

Aubie

See.........and I don't get the Chick-Fil-a thing!! The drive through line is always wrapped around the building, especially at the end of the week. My DH says it's because people think they gotta have it before Sunday when they can't get it.

Never had the honey stung chicken. I will have to remember to look for it next time.

The original chicken sandwich. Marinated breast of chicken, battered and fried to perfection, served on a bun with one pickle slice. (Bet you don't know what it's marinated in:D)

Aubie

I agree that it is one very good chicken sandwich. Real chicken breast in place of the chopped formed stuff that some places try to pass off.:)

This thread has me going to chick-fil-A for a good ole original with some waffle fries.

**drool**

Did you get promoted to the pier co-ordinator? If so, that's super. The 2/22 Voyager trip was a blast. Did you make it?

I've tried it a couple times and truly don't undertand what the fuss is all about. It's okay, but nothing special, at least IMO.

me too..it isn;t that great...sometimes it's really dried out...it's like a boneless, breaded chicken breast....it itn't BAD, but when it comes down to it, it's JUST CHICKEN....!;)

I happen to like the Honey Stung Chicken.... Yes - it is part of the embarkation tradition. DH doesn't get it either. :D If you don't get it when it is super duper fresh, then it can be dry. But, if you happen to get it right when the pan comes out, it is quite yummy.

This post made me chuckle. Reminds me of the Mickey Bars at WDW. EVERYONE raves about them!!.... It's just ice cream for petes sake! :rolleyes:

~Connie

Yes...BUT the mickey bars are CUTE at least...the chicken is, well...CHICKEN...

and chick-fil-a is pretty good once in a while....

I happen to like the Honey Stung Chicken.... Yes - it is part of the embarkation tradition. DH doesn't get it either. :D If you don't get it when it is super duper fresh, then it can be dry. But, if you happen to get it right when the pan comes out, it is quite yummy.

I totally agree Tina, it's tradition...and it is really good if it's just come out. There's nothing similar on the buffet the rest of the week. It's my indulgence for the first day, mashed spud's, some gravy and chicken.

Mmmm, Chick-fil-a, waffle fries, hand-spun milkshakes...

If you've never had it and are ever traveling and see one, stop in. They are almost always nice and clean. Pleasant staff, good food...

Can't wait to try the HSC on Monday! woohoo! Dry or not! lol

See.........and I don't get the Chick-Fil-a thing!! The drive through line is always wrapped around the building, especially at the end of the week.

The line is always long. It's because the chicken is so good. Their breakfast chicken biscuits just melt in your mouth. I wish they served them all day long.:(

I have to admit that the HSC will now be a traditional first day food for me. I think I must have gotten a fresh batch. No potatoes for me, though. YUCK to that instant stuff. :p It's salad, green beans and a cookie for me. Well, maybe some ice cream, too! :D

Since my future son-in-law is a Salesman for them, I have to mention its SYSCO. The company starting with a C is a networking company, CISCO I believe. Now that you mentioned it, I might be able to get him to bring some to me. Glad you mentioned it.

You are correct. Sorry about the typo. Guess my brain and fingers weren't communicating.:o

Archived