Honey Stung Chicken?

See.........and I don't get the Chick-Fil-a thing!! The drive through line is always wrapped around the building, especially at the end of the week. My DH says it's because people think they gotta have it before Sunday when they can't get it.

1) the only way I figure someone "don't get it" is if you have not had it(or don't like breaded chicken). It is so much better than any other fast food chicken. :D

2) if the drive through line is wrapped around, that should tell you something about how good it is. :) :)

Chick-fil-a and Sonic are the 2 places that if we see one have to stop even if we are not really hungry. (since they are both so rare in this area)

Oh, please tell.....please, please!

Oh, all right then!! I am hopeless at keeping secrets for more than two minutes!!

They put nutmeg in. And its powdered nutmeg!! So very easy!! When you know how, of course!! Scrumptious!!!

The hs chicken is OK I suppose. Just!!!

I am in the UK at the moment and we are not too big on this chicken thingy - do have KFC though.

On the Brilliance, their fish'n'chips was great - that's the UK's fried chicken thingy.

I keep reading about Honey Stung Chicken and I am wondering what all the fuss is about?:confused:

Is it really that good?

Is it just chicken in a honey marinade?

Highly overrated! Probably a Tyson "shill" on this board. (Disclaimer: I am NOT a Tyson Champion.:D)

It could be honey stung chicken droppings---what makes it great is that its lunch on the ship--day one of your cruise--your finally there------and that will make almost anything taste great--add to that the tradition

jmho

Paul

Great observation, Paul. And so true!!:D

Oh, all right then!! I am hopeless at keeping secrets for more than two minutes!!

They put nutmeg in. And its powdered nutmeg!! So very easy!! When you know how, of course!! Scrumptious!!!

The hs chicken is OK I suppose. Just!!!

I am in the UK at the moment and we are not too big on this chicken thingy - do have KFC though.

On the Brilliance, their fish'n'chips was great - that's the UK's fried chicken thingy.

Are you talking about the (instant) potatoes having nutmeg? Interesting! I don't know though, because I have never tried them in the Windjammer, but in the dining room, they were awful.

Highly overrated! Probably a Tyson "shill" on this board. (Disclaimer: I am NOT a Tyson Champion.:D)

Me Either!!!

And all of their fresh chicken is adultrated with "broth", juices, etc.

I prefer Purdue all natural.

Me Either!!!

And all of their fresh chicken is adultrated with "broth", juices, etc.

I prefer Purdue all natural.

I guess my point was not real clear. Sorry. It was sarcastic. I was comparing Tyson Champion (who only says good things) with Royal Champion, who SUPPOSEDLY is paid or coerced or something to say only good things about RCCL.:D I find lots of good things to say about RCCL without being an RC.:)

Are you talking about the (instant) potatoes having nutmeg? Interesting! I don't know though, because I have never tried them in the Windjammer, but in the dining room, they were awful.

Hmm....well, we eat mostly up in the Windjammer. Nice and quiet in the evenings. The staff are lovely - unharried and unhurried!:D:D

Last cruise, the Sous Chef made us an amazing Strogonoff. Just for two. So kind!! We also love the salad bar in the evening - even has oysters, although we don't eat those. Great marinated asparagus. Then there's the Mongolian Buffet and fresh cooked lamb chops - fish'n'chips not so bad either!! And we can eat when we like and time it for the shows. Still dress up on formal night though. Formal night is formal night, regardless of where we eat.

And the french fries are delicious.

Yus, there are better options than HSC up there!!

Royal Champions? RCCL shot themselves in the foot with that one - now no-one believes a word of what they say!!

Anyway, constructive criticism is of more use to a cruiseline - after all, that's their line to the thinking of the ordinary cruiser. How can they improve or give cruisers what they want, if their 'Champions' just

blindly applaud everything?

I guess my point was not real clear. Sorry. It was sarcastic. I was comparing Tyson Champion (who only says good things) with Royal Champion, who SUPPOSEDLY is paid or coerced or something to say only good things about RCCL.:D I find lots of good things to say about RCCL without being an RC.:)

Actually, I did get your point....and just couldn't pass up an opportunity to make my displeasure with what Tyson does to chickens known.

Hmm....well, we eat mostly up in the Windjammer. Nice and quiet in the evenings. The staff are lovely - unharried and unhurried!:D:D

Last cruise, the Sous Chef made us an amazing Strogonoff. Just for two. So kind!! We also love the salad bar in the evening - even has oysters, although we don't eat those. Great marinated asparagus. Then there's the Mongolian Buffet and fresh cooked lamb chops - fish'n'chips not so bad either!! And we can eat when we like and time it for the shows. Still dress up on formal night though. Formal night is formal night, regardless of where we eat.

And the french fries are delicious.

Yus, there are better options than HSC up there!!

We have never eaten a night time meal in the Windjammer. Sounds yummy!

I keep reading about Honey Stung Chicken and I am wondering what all the fuss is about?:confused:

Is it really that good?

Is it just chicken in a honey marinade?

Tried it three times on the NOS in the last three months...it was way too dry for my taste buds...but the veggies were out of this world.

Getting back to that "Chick-Fil-A" thing...We're down in Fla. right now and read this thread. It was lunch time so I said to DH lets try this chicken so we stopped at the local "Chick...." to try the nuggets. Well we found them to be DRY. Sorry but true. Guess we won't return.

Sadly....I have to agree with the poster who said the honey stung chicken tasted like fried cardboard.....:( On the AOS a few weeks ago I was so looking forward to it, and it was completely dried out......shame since it is only offered once a cruise.

I miss the honeystung chicken but I also miss civility on these boards and doubt ever will either fully return so long as people post falsehoods.

I miss the honeystung chicken but I also miss civility on these boards and doubt ever will either fully return so long as people post falsehoods.

It is getting pretty bad, isn't it? I feel as though I need a disclaimer any time I say something nice, which is ALMOST always.

Archived