What's to eat - Ultimate Balcony Dining

Poulsbo Cruisers

I would like to partake of the Ultimate Balcony Dining experience on our upcoming Crown Princess cruise. My DW has simple tastes and does not like fish (unless it's fish and chips). I tried to look up the dinner menu choices on the Princess site, but could not find anything. Does anyone have a sample menu for the Ultimate Balcony Dining for dinner? If not, do you remember what is served or what the choices are? How much does this dinner cost? Thanks for your help.

I would like to partake of the Ultimate Balcony Dining experience on our upcoming Crown Princess cruise. My DW has simple tastes and does not like fish (unless it's fish and chips). I tried to look up the dinner menu choices on the Princess site, but could not find anything. Does anyone have a sample menu for the Ultimate Balcony Dining for dinner? If not, do you remember what is served or what the choices are? How much does this dinner cost? Thanks for your help.

Here's what I posted after our return from the Star in November. ;)

The UBD is awesome. DH and I did this on our recent Star Mexican Riviera cruise and it was wonderful!

It's the Ulitmate Balcony Dinner and is worth every penny. Complete and total personalized dining service on your balcony. $50 per person, we'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Here's our table:

3048294515_a4618d0560.jpg?v=0

And the menu:

2984864539_b7fbeba9ce.jpg?v=0

Our waitstaff arrived about 15 minutes early and set up our table on the balcony and a set-up table just inside the balcony door. White table cloth, fine china and a beautiful floral arrangement. Manuel and Alia were fabulous, they never missed a beat.

They brought our cocktails and appetizers and left us alone to enjoy them. Then they brought the champagne and the photographer arrived to take our picture. They had a cart outside the cabin door and brought every thing in course by course. You hardly knew they were around and then voila they were there catering to your every whim.

The food was to die for - a perfect evening. I say do it, it's a dining experience you won't soon forget.

What wine or drinks are provided, if any, as well?

What do u suggest for a tip and do u give it to each waiter or just to one to divide between them??

Thanks in advance for the information!! :)

It includes two cocktails of your choice and half bottle of champagne.

We tipped both separately - the amount of the tip is discretionary and should be based on the level service you feel they provide.

Our waitstaff had to contend with windy conditions and struggled to set the table and keep napkins and glass from blowing over. They also happily took photos of us and actually kept an interloper who had come to our cabin in error from entering. We tipped accordingly.

slsmartin,

Yes, the flowers are yours to keep, so set the dinner up for an evening near the beginning of your cruise so that you have the rest of your cruise to enjoy them.

Fran

My thoughts exactly - I usually order flowers for our room - so I might as well skip that and schedule this early.

thanks!

Is the tip something you can tack on to your on board account?

What percent do you suggest?

LoraJ,

It's just my humble opinion but I think it should be a cash tip and again I think it should be based on how you feel about the service provided. I know that's not an answer but I'm trying to avoid a tipping discussion. ;)

I agree that early on is better for the flowers. I was sad to leave them after the 6th day! They were still like new. We also tipped cash to both because then it goes to them. $20 to waiter who was fantastic and $10 to assistant. You will love it!

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be sure to have cash on hand, i am generally a cashless person. Was planning on having singles around for romm service, so will have larger for the UBD.

Hi!

Yes, I have one from a Caribbean sailing and one from an Alaska sailing. ;)

1043642492_b9b910ab1a.jpg?v=01042733313_e49bed9a9b.jpg?v=0

Hi Sharon.. we can always count on you :)..Karin and I had the Balcony breakfast a few times and always enjoyed it. I have a question for you..Can we also order fried eggs, I've read that some people ordered it, if so, how do you go about it?

Hi Sharon.. we can always count on you :)..Karin and I had the Balcony breakfast a few times and always enjoyed it. I have a question for you..Can we also order fried eggs, I've read that some people ordered it, if so, how do you go about it?

Hi guys!

You're countdown clock is dwindling - are you getting psyched? :)

Though Bruce and I have never done it I have read here that people have made changes to the menu. Some make big changes - like replacing the salmon with breakfast meats so I don't see why they wouldn't just make you some fried eggs if that's what you want. My guess is that they'll send you the Balcony Breakfast and a couple of orders of fried eggs.

Heck, if you have any trouble just tell them Sharon and Bruce said it was ok!! ;) :D

Hi guys!

You're countdown clock is dwindling - are you getting psyched? :)

Though Bruce and I have never done it I have read here that people have made changes to the menu. Some make big changes - like replacing the salmon with breakfast meats so I don't see why they wouldn't just make you some fried eggs if that's what you want. My guess is that they'll send you the Balcony Breakfast and a couple of orders of fried eggs.

Heck, if you have any trouble just tell them Sharon and Bruce said it was ok!! ;) :D

I like the 'and' ;) and I'm sure if it's ok with you and Bruce it will be fine with them :D

PS- yes we are getting psyched!

Archived