Picture of a Porthole Window on Monarch of the Seas?

We booked an outside guarentee room and were assigned a porthole room (on the 2nd floor) for the 4/20/09 sailing. I know for the price, we really have nothing to complain about but I was really hoping for a full sized window...

Does anyone have a picture of a porthole room to ease my mind? The thought of not seeing out kinda scares me.

Also, has anyone ever been able to re-assign their guarentee room to a different one within the catergory? Maybe one with a full window?

Any help would be great, thanks!

I don't see a photo

I think we all can close our eyes and envision what a porthole looks like.......LMAO. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

You can go to rccl.com and click on the Monarch. They have pictures of the Oceanview staterooms.

Some people are balcony snobs, we are price snobs. We did the last 3 and 4 day cruises from LA on Monarch B2B last October and, because of an incredible price we couldn't resist, we booked a deck 2 OV with a porthole. We had no complaints. It is SMALL, but perfectly adequate. Our stateroom attendant [Michael] was the best we've ever had. The room had all the necessary amenities [bed and bathroom], and just keep in mind, calling deck 2 the "Aquarium" is just a joke. It isn't really below the water line.

The porthole wasn't a problem for us. It was big enough to look out when we wanted to and allowed in enough light to let us know when it was day and night. We were well pleased with our decision.

Unfortunately, I do not have pics here. I will try to remember to post one this evening.

I've sailed on deck #2 on both Adventure and on Freedom. Both rooms had porthole windows. They are plenty big as far as I'm concerned - just ROUND instead of SQUARE.

The photo on the left was taken on Adventure. The one on the right on Freedom. The portholes were the same on both ships.

1696183567_Adventureporthole.jpg.6064f53bb773fe0c6eee1c1ac2ffc1d3.jpg

1172154701_freedomporthole.jpg.5d4c6a4878842a5a51835a5a44be8c63.jpg

I was on deck 2 of Monarch years ago. I've got a picture of hubby's face looking out the porthole while we were docked. His face takes up most of the window so I'd guess it's only about 15" in diameter. I doubt they cut the portholes bigger when they refurbished the ship.

I've sailed on deck #2 on both Adventure and on Freedom. Both rooms had porthole windows. They are plenty big as far as I'm concerned - just ROUND instead of SQUARE.

The photo on the left was taken on Adventure. The one on the right on Freedom. The portholes were the same on both ships.

Monarch/Majesty and Adventure/Freedom = just NOT the same animal

There is no comparison between the two.

Shelby, I'm glad that Mary posted her photos for you.

Hi, Mary!!! :)

Monarch/Majesty and Adventure/Freedom = just NOT the same animal

There is no comparison between the two.

Shelby, I'm glad that Mary posted her photos for you.

Hi, Mary!!! :)

Uh, it was me Carol, but hi anyway -- and I'll say hello to Mary.

[for the rest of you, Carol was with us when we were in the aquarium -- I pretty sure she was on a higher deck]

D

Uh, it was me Carol, but hi anyway -- and I'll say hello to Mary.

[for the rest of you, Carol was with us when we were in the aquarium -- I pretty sure she was on a higher deck]

D

Oops, sorry, Dennis!

Sorry that we dumped you in December. Next time! :D

Archived