SEA GRAPE Beach

Elaine515

How much should a cab cost to get from the Port to Sea Grape Beach, how far is it from the Port and how crowded does it get?

I think I have finally figured out that Sea Grape on 7 Mile Beach is the "spot" that has it all.. lounge chairs/umbrellas/jet skis/banana boats/parasailing etc ..

BUT, I am a bit worried because that is also the beach that the Cruise Ships take the passengers to on their beach tour.

Also, if anyone knows how much it will cost us for the lounge chairs, umbrellas etc that would be most appreciated as well... Thnx...

Six dollars p/p ea way from pier to SeaGrape. $25.00 for 2 chairs and a umbrella with a soda or bottle of water. When you get to the beach walk to the right and find some chairs at the far end of their beach area. It does get crowded directly in front of the snack area. The ride to the beach takes about 15 minutes but give yourself 30 minutes to get back to the pier. The mini bus holds around 20 people and they don't leave until it is full and the traffic is bumper to bumper in the afternoon.

If you're worried about crowds due to the excursions, try Royal Palms instead. It's got exactly the same offerings...

bookbabe,

parasailing,banana boats, lounges w/umbrellas etc...??? if yes, thats where you'll find me!!

thnx again...

Not sure about the parasailing and banana boats, since the watersports operator at Royal Palms is Kirks rather than Red Sail and I've never used their services myself, but there's lounges, umbrellas, restrooms, showers, a bar/restaurant, etc. You can see the beach on their webcam - http://www.reefgrill.com/ - and check the place out for yourself. :D

Sea Grape is better if you're interested in snorkeling. We got a ride there this week for $5 per person and it included a rum punch or beer. Since our kids aren't old enough to drink, we got 4 drink tickets. Good deal to me. Go as soon as you get in port so it won't be as crowded. We were there by 9am.

Sea Grape was crowded the day we were there, but there was still plenty of room for us to find a spot. We even got there late in the day. Cab rides were $5 per person. The bus/van cabs wait until they are full to leave, so try to catch one when it is close to being full.

There were 3 ships in port the day we were there.

Sea Grape is better if you're interested in snorkeling. We got a ride there this week for $5 per person and it included a rum punch or beer. Since our kids aren't old enough to drink, we got 4 drink tickets. Good deal to me. Go as soon as you get in port so it won't be as crowded. We were there by 9am.

Did the taxi driver give you this coupon or did you arrange other transportation? I think $5 for transportation & beverage is excellent and would like to know how to arrange that.

Thanks!

Did the taxi driver give you this coupon or did you arrange other transportation? I think $5 for transportation & beverage is excellent and would like to know how to arrange that.

Thanks!

Look for the taxi drivers at the taxi stand holding up a sign for Seven Mile Beach (they had one spot for $4/pp but didn't include a drink - the one we took for $5/pp was near the Marriott (across the street) and the restaurant on the beach was called Gecko's (free drink). When you get off the taxi/shuttle, they hand you your free drink card (either a rum punch or cayman brew). You could snorkel there and the restaurant was nice, had bathrooms, live reggae music. We got there early by 9am and it wasn't that crowded until around noon. Go to the left on the beach when you walk on after you're dropped off, the water is clear - rocky if you go to the right. It's a beautful beach.

TheresaJ, I would love to go to Gecko's and am so glad they have taxi's to take you there. I have heard the Marriott across from it is closed for renovation. Did they rent chairs? Do you know the cost? Are they going to close for renovation too? Thanks for posting.................

Sadie8, Since the Marriott was across the street from the beach, I didn't even notice it was closed for renovations.

You can rent chairs, snorkel equipment, jet ski's at the beach near Gecko's. However, we didn't rent chairs so I don't know the cost.

Look for the taxi drivers at the taxi stand holding up a sign for Seven Mile Beach (they had one spot for $4/pp but didn't include a drink - the one we took for $5/pp was near the Marriott (across the street) and the restaurant on the beach was called Gecko's (free drink). When you get off the taxi/shuttle, they hand you your free drink card (either a rum punch or cayman brew). You could snorkel there and the restaurant was nice, had bathrooms, live reggae music. We got there early by 9am and it wasn't that crowded until around noon. Go to the left on the beach when you walk on after you're dropped off, the water is clear - rocky if you go to the right. It's a beautful beach.

Teresa did they have taxis waiting when you were ready to leave. Sounds like a good deal. Do you know how far it was from the cruise ships.

Teresa did they have taxis waiting when you were ready to leave. Sounds like a good deal. Do you know how far it was from the cruise ships.

There is a taxi stand right as you get off (right across the street from Margaritaville) and we only waited about 15 minutes for the shuttle/taxi to fill up to leave for the beach. On the way back to the ship, he didn't wait for it to fill up, there was only about 8 of us on the shuttle and he went back without waiting for it to fill.

Might be a daft question, but here goes anyway...do you have to pay to get into Sea Grapes, or is it a public beach area? I read a few posts back about the $25 fee for loungers & umbrella - can you just take your own towels and enoy the day that way? We thought of just touring our way along Seven Mile beach.

Might be a daft question, but here goes anyway...do you have to pay to get into Sea Grapes, or is it a public beach area? I read a few posts back about the $25 fee for loungers & umbrella - can you just take your own towels and enoy the day that way? We thought of just touring our way along Seven Mile beach.

Beach access is free. The $25 charge is for rental of the lounge chairs and umbrella plus it will include a free beverage (for 2). Taxi's are plentiful and waiting to take you to and from the beach. You don't have to rent a chair for everychild or just use your towels to rest upon.

Bon Voyage

Archived