In and Out Burger

emen822

It is so unfortunate that we have 4 of them within 30 minutes of our house in the Phoenix East Valley. I would gladly share them.

Everyone talks hamburgers but DH absolutely loves the shakes. You cannot beat the price.

Gotta have those fries well done.

Laura

Wow -- this thread really took off! :)

Thanks for all the input, suggestions, pictures, memories, etc.

Next week I'll be flying to California and hope to have my first official In and Out burger then! :D

• 3 weeks later...
It has been 5 days since I had my last In N' Out until the end of October...I am addicted, will someone please help! :)

Nothing can be done. You just have to go through withdrawal.

Maybe you would be better off not having one the end of Oct ...then you don't have to worry at all about going through this misery again. :)

Would it help if I have one this week for you?

It is selfish to have so many near me in metro Phx.

And again as far as I see it you can get rid of Johnny Rockets and put all In-N-Out Burgers in their place on RCL cruise ships.

Laura

Nothing can be done. You just have to go through withdrawal.

Maybe you would be better off not having one the end of Oct ...then you don't have to worry at all about going through this misery again. :)

Would it help if I have one this week for you?

It is selfish to have so many near me in metro Phx.

And again as far as I see it you can get rid of Johnny Rockets and put all In-N-Out Burgers in their place on RCL cruise ships. Laura

Same here in Orange County. Mountains to the east, but if I go N/W/S on an errand I have to pass an In-n-Out! There's no avoiding them!

Putting them on ships would be great...but I think their policy of fresh ingredients conflicts with CDC requirements for food storage on cruise ships. :mad:

Hey PD - I tried In and Out and loved them - need you to figure out a way to bring some to us locals when you make your trip north back to Lotus Land.

Cheers

Dennis

Impossible.

In-and-Out fries have a very short half-life. They won't even make it home in decent condition. This is because they are cooked fresh and not coated with junk like Burger King's fries.

My favorite is a hamburger animal style with well-done fries.

I'm the OP and I'm back from my trip. I must say we are definitely new fans of the In and Out burgers! We went the first day we landed in CA and they really hit the spot after a long day of travelling. My husband was very skeptical and I had hyped them up so much before we left so I had some added pressure but In and Out did not disappoint. :D

We were hoping to get another one before we flew home yesterday but didn't have the time.

Someone posted a picture and I remember thinking 'those are some shiney buns'. And when we got ours, they were shiney too. LOL Don't know why I found that assuming. :D

OP- Glad you had a great trip and In-n-Out came through.

BSQ- Looked at your avatar, something about "shiny bear buns" went through my head! :D

He is a bit of a bare bear.

Impossible.

In-and-Out fries have a very short half-life. They won't even make it home in decent condition. This is because they are cooked fresh and not coated with junk like Burger King's fries.

Well done fries for me too.

Grilled onions and cheese on the hamburger with lettuce and tomato.

The fries do go bad fast.

I never ever have finished them all.

One thing on a cruise ship not too far to your cabin.

The milk shake will throw you over the edge.

I even wrote In-N-Out mgmt and asked them if they would make a chicken sandwich like the hamburger and told them what I would like to see on it but they said they doubt that would ever come to be. Give me a small slab of chicken like the hamburger I'd be happy. I guess it is working for them so why mess with it but hey time and time businesses do.

Impossible.

I never have any problem with them surviving past their shelf life. They usually get eaten in the car on the way home

I even wrote In-N-Out mgmt and asked them if they would make a chicken sandwich like the hamburger and told them what I would like to see on it but they said they doubt that would ever come to be. Give me a small slab of chicken like the hamburger I'd be happy. I guess it is working for them so why mess with it but hey time and time businesses do.

Business articles continually say their "Keep it simple", "Figure out what you do well and stay focused on it", and "Don't mess with success" are all ingredients for their success over the years.

Also have you noticed their employees are a cut above most fast food places? They pay $1-$2/hr more than the competition but have standards for grooming, English competency, and no visible tats, piercings, or body jewelry.

I too am an Inn N Out devotee. But we don't have them here in Hawaii. I am looking for a hotel in Long Beach for one night before we cruise. Does anyone know if there is an Inn N Out by either the Crowne Plaza, The Coast or the Hyatt?

Mahalo,

Kat

I am also heading to the land of In N' Outs the middle of next month but DW would probably shoot me if I told we were going for dinner at an In N' Out instead of the 22nd Street Landing. But ..... there is lunch on embarkation day...CJW where is the cloest INO to the Crowne Plaza?:D

I am also heading to the land of In N' Outs the middle of next month but DW would probably shoot me if I told we were going for dinner at an In N' Out instead of the 22nd Street Landing. But ..... there is lunch on embarkation day...CJW where is the cloest INO to the Crowne Plaza?:D

Sigh...that would be DH shooting me...I would be heading to the nearest In N Out as soon as we cleared customs and got our car :)

LOVE In N Out....

PD do you get them down where you live in the Winter?? My brother's gf lives in Phonix and they have them there but she does't like them so he has never had one:eek:

Double/double animal style, fries well done, nepolitan shake (as long as our son has pop or lemonade). OMG YUM!!!!!!

When in California I must have this at least twice.

I know its part of the "secret menu" but what does it mean???

Did you see it in my pictures a few pages back?

You can get it on your burger or (as I love) your french fries.

They put Fresh American Cheese, and either fresh or grilled onions on top of that, then their special sauce on top.

Then they put it in their Convection Oven (no microwaves at In N Out) for a minute to melt it all together!:D

So here you go!

click this thumbnail to enlarge...

This is "Well Done Fries. Animal Style. With Grilled Onions".

2429288280079337728BFmXAj_th.jpg

I know its part of the "secret menu" but what does it mean???

Look at this site and If you do NOT drool then you are a much stronger person then I :D

http://www.in-n-out.com/secretmenu.asp

OMG DH is in the kitchen cooking this wonderful meal but right now I would trade it for a double/double animal style.....I am sooo bad....:o

Archived