In and Out Burger

emen822

I've read so much about these so I have to try one during our trip next month. ;) I am staying in Studio City for two nights and also going to Disneyland one day. Are they all over California? Just wondering where we should get one since this sounds like a "must do". Thanks for your help!

I've read so much about these so I have to try one during our trip next month. ;) I am staying in Studio City for two nights and also going to Disneyland one day. Are they all over California? Just wondering where we should get one since this sounds like a "must do". Thanks for your help!

They ARE all over, particularly in So. California. There's one right in Studio City at 3640 Cahuenga Blvd.

The one closest to Disneyland is at 600 S. Brookhurst.

It's definitely worth a stop! I LOVE the fries!

This link should help:

http://www.in-n-out.com/locations.asp

They are ALL OVER SoCal so you should have no problem finding one. And the food is very tasty. MMMMMM. But don't expect a lot of choices. It's burger, cheese burger, double cheese burger, fries, soda, and shakes. If you want pickles and/or onions you have to ask (no charge).

Yes, you need to go! All the celebrities go, heck, Bill Clinton and Warren Beatty were late to a party 'cause Bill wanted a double double!

They are a family owned chain and the only freezer in the store is the ice maker. I can't really speak about the milk shake machine though. All hamburgers are made with fresh meat, cooked to your order. They'll even grill the onions for you. They don't have heat lamps nor do they microwave, they simply cook it and give it to you once it is done. The fries are legendary as well. They cut fresh potatoes daily (you'll often see them do this) and they fried an served immediately, never cold. You can also get the hamburger spread for the fries.

Another unique place is Original Tommys. They too, are a family owned chain of burger stands. They making everything to order, but are famous for the chili that they put on everything. Except for cheese, they will give you extra anything (chili, onions, thick tomato slices) on your burger for free. Tommy's has a lot of history, do a web search and don't go to an imitation!They sell their chili to go and I have frozen bags of it for when I make hotdogs. Oh, their chili dogs are the best, made with all beef hotdogs with the casing on them....MMMMM!

oooo these In-N-Out threads always make me hungry.

correction, they do microwave one thing. the "animal" fries. gotta melt those cheese slices somehow. :)

tommy burgers. oh there's some college memories. :eek:

Went to In and Out today for lunch. Best burgers around (especially the buns). Like others have said, the menu is pretty limited (Burgers only) but well worth a trip.

49er

Emen,

Don't forget the secret menu......:cool:

See if any of these sound good:

http://www.in-n-out.com/secretmenu.asp

there are a couple others discussed here:

http://www.badmouth.net/in-n-outs-secret-menu/

You can also get driving directions by going to the main menu:;)

www.in-n-out.com

Enjoy, and think of me.......my closest location is a three hour drive...:(

You all know that we have a great thread here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=844134

with pictures and stuff...;)

Went to In and Out today for lunch. Best burgers around (especially the buns). Like others have said, the menu is pretty limited (Burgers only) but well worth a trip.

And it's not that limited if you order off the secret menu here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=16311936&postcount=34

(click that for the links)...

And don't forget that you have Carney's right by your hotel!

http://www.carneytrain.com/enter.html

It's also a historical LA institution!

:cool:

Enjoy, and think of me.......my closest location is a three hour drive...

Wah, waaaaaa....

Hello,

There is another local chain called "The Hat", which has a more extensive menu than Inn And Out Burger, and cost more but The HAt has excellent food. The HAt has drink refills but Inn and Out Burger does not. Inn and Out Burger has excellent food at truly great prices. Both the Hat and Inn and Out Burger have drive through or dine in servce, though some of the older Inns have drive through only.

Hope that this helps,

Fred

Hello,

There is another local chain called "The Hat", which has a more extensive menu than Inn And Out Burger, and cost more but The HAt has excellent food. The HAt has drink refills but Inn and Out Burger does not. Inn and Out Burger has excellent food at truly great prices. Both the Hat and Inn and Out Burger have drive through or dine in servce, though some of the older Inns have drive through only.

Hope that this helps,

Fred

no no no.

Burger= In-N-Out.

Pastrami=The Hat. (and wet fries)

Hey PD - I tried In and Out and loved them - need you to figure out a way to bring some to us locals when you make your trip north back to Lotus Land.

Cheers

Dennis

I had some packed in dry ice and sent them to Karen, Seattle Cruiser and the UPS guy ate them...now I am not sure what to do about it.;)

top_store_2.jpg

Hello,

Respectfully, the general topic of the thread is West Coast Departures. And surely the sub topic is Inn and Out Burgers, which I go to about twice a month. The food is excellent and the prices are some of the best you will find anywhere.

I mentioned the Hat chain so that visitors to Southern California should know that if they cannot find an Inn and Out Burger (which is unlikely) or a member of their party wants a more extensive menu, that the Hat is a reasonable alternative. There are comparably few Hat places though, in Southern California.

Fred

There are just a legion of us In N' Out fans on this board....we had one thread recently that went on for months. Love 'em

Putterdude!!

I guess you're a good guy after all......;)

Any one that is a fan of In-N-Out is okay with me!!:):)

Have a nice day!

Best burger ever. For your first visit you must go with the traditional Double Double and fries. Future visits you can get more adventurous and try it "animal style". You won't be disappointed. On our recent Spirit cruise, I hit the jackpot of So Cal foods I really like when I found an In n Out next to a Del Taco in San Diego. Had to do both for a late night snack.

I guess I must be the odd man out on this subject. We were in LA last year and could not wait to try In and Out Burger. Unfortunately, we didnt think they tasted any better than a Sonic burger. The meat was very thin and did not live up to the hype. Of course that is just our opinion and everyone is entitled to their own.

If you guys ever come to Tennessee, let me know...I can take you places where they make real burgers.

Hello,

Hope that this helps,

Fred

Many In and Out chains do have drink refills. I know the one in Chino does and so does the one in Norco. I'm pretty sure the one in Ontario does too. So I'm thinking it must be chain-wide.

TonyFred, I just went to my first Sonic Burger two weeks ago. I had heard how great the burgers were. I thought they were they same as any other fast food ie;Burger King, Jack in the Box or McDonald. I was so disapointed!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll stick with In-n-Out any time, beats any others hands down

Many In and Out chains do have drink refills. I know the one in Chino does and so does the one in Norco. I'm pretty sure the one in Ontario does too. So I'm thinking it must be chain-wide.

The Azusa one is one of the original drive-thru only ones with a few seats outside. You can't just walk up to a fountain and refill your cup. I don't know if you can go up to the window and ask for a refill, I've only driven through it. :D

As a transplant to Knoxville, I found Sonic OK ... burgers so-so for me, but the shakes ... To.Die.For. BBQ however ... CA can not even touch that.

Since no one has done this yet ...

2761021660102635822S500x500Q85.jpg

This is your basic number 2. Cheeseburger, (no onion), fries and a medium drink. $4.95. I'm old school. I can't order by numbers, I have to say everything out.

Archived