Century & Summit - Jan 12 - St Maarten

Krazy Kruizers

We did Century from 11-13 to 11-20 and while in St. Maarten we had to tender in! They have nice new docks but, the Millie class ships took those spots and we along with one other had to dock in the bay and tender in. This was also a problem in St. Thomas. We had to dock at Crown Bay, which is a ways away from downtown, while the Millie class ships and larger got to use the normal dock.

Century is being treated like a red-headed step child it seems.

If you are on Summit you should get the Red Carpet treatment.

Have Fun!

Rob

Hi kk:)....I just checked on the Celebrity website and both ships you asked about are in St Marteen that week. Summit on Jan 12th and Century on Jan 13th.

Hope this helps:)

In the past, cruise cal has been very acurate. That's why I have posted this thread on several boards and so far all the ships but three have confirmed that they will be in St Maarten the same day.

Like I said, we have been there with 7 ships - not all big.

So this will be a first if there really be 10 there.

If someone else has not already done so, I can tell you that Explorer OTS is scheduled in their that day. We are on her.

This will probably be a stay aboard day for me also. We were just there last month, so I don't have the pressing need to be in the middle of 20,000+ visitors.

We were there a year or so ago with 4 ships in and it was a zoo. It also was all the dock at Phillipsburg can handle. So there will be quite a number of tenders running about.

I'm on the Summit that week - in St Maarten on Jan 12. I don't see how they can have so many ships on the same day - and I think most of them are large ships. Most arrive early in the am, the Summit arrives at 10:30. Might have to book a ship excursion just to be on the safe side!!

We're on the Summit that cruise - 10 ships, yikes! HOW CAN the port let this happen?!?

Bummer because we've got friends sailing with us on their very first cruise (after always vacationing at some wonderful land-based resort on an island or in Mexico). They just told us they're looking forward to Orient Beach - never been to St. Maarten - I hope this doesn't sour them toward cruising!

And yes, Summit is just about the last ship into port that morning (10:30) so we don't even get an early start to the beach - of course, we also won't be fighting for a taxi with all the ship passengers who docked at 7AM!

We're on the Summit that cruise - 10 ships, yikes! HOW CAN the port let this happen?!?

Bummer because we've got friends sailing with us on their very first cruise (after always vacationing at some wonderful land-based resort on an island or in Mexico). They just told us they're looking forward to Orient Beach - never been to St. Maarten - I hope this doesn't sour them toward cruising!

And yes, Summit is just about the last ship into port that morning (10:30) so we don't even get an early start to the beach - of course, we also won't be fighting for a taxi with all the ship passengers who docked at 7AM!

We are also travelling with friends - one of whom has never cruised before! I'm concerned too! We had planned on taking a taxi to Orient Beach, but as you pointed out - we shouldn't have a problem getting to the Beach - getting back in time is another story!!

Archived