A Few Enchantment Questions

CLQ

Calling all my Enchantment friends! EBQ and I are about to sail the Enchantment for our first time. Been reading up after searching on some key words. We're awfully excited, and know we'll have a great time-- as we always do.

Have some questions for those who have sailed her in the last year or so:

1) As if there weren't enough food on board anyway, we're wondering about the Solarium Cafe specifically: do they have the Crepe station there on Enchantment?

2) At one time last year, I was hearing talk about a "brown water" problem in the staterooms. Cleared up these days?

3) Others have said that the Air conditioning on board Enchantment was a little lacking last year. Better these days, or a little warm?

4) Anyone know who the Captain or the CD will be in mid-July this year?

Bill-Wi, Momma Bean...anybody! We'll appreciate any help.

Well, not Bill-Wi or MomaBean, but we did a B2B on Enchantment in 8/08.

1: Honestly can't answer as we did not use the Solarium Café. Will say that crepes have been discontinued on some ships (Jewel for sure as of 10/08).

2: We were in the middle of the brown water problems.........now fixed according to what I have seen lately!!! ;)

3: We did not find any 'warm' areas and we were cruising in August, so draw your own conclusions......

4: Would refer you to the "Captains" and "CD" threads.......they contain very accurate information!!!

Bruce

Thanks BBrad8 for your help on a couple of those. None of these are obviously deal-breakers (although the air and water could be if they were constants). Just curious after hearing enough about them.

Yes, I knew there were threads on the Captains and CD's. But thought I would be lazy on those since I was asking these others.

Anyone know who the Captain or the CD will be in mid-July this year?

Send an email to web_reservations@rccl.com (underscore between web and reservations) and they will give you that info. If you send it now, it may be too early. I usually send a request about 3 weeks before the cruise and get accurate info on entertainment, CD, captain, hotel director, etc.

Send an email to web_reservations@rccl.com (underscore between web and reservations) and they will give you that info. If you send it now, it may be too early. I usually send a request about 3 weeks before the cruise and get accurate info on entertainment, CD, captain, hotel director, etc.

That's helpful. Appreciate it much.

did enchantment 05/08 and 10/08 never had any problem with the AC ( was chilled the whole time ) and never saw any brown water.. I only remember pizza in the solarium .. may have been more but no crepes ( those i would have eaten!!)

the staff was great and we had a blast both times !!

I've just seen pizza, burgers, and fries in the Solarium.

I've been on the ship 3 times and never had problems with brown water or A/C problems. There were problems with toilets not flushing on our cruise 6 months ago but they were working on it.

I don't recall crepes either and if i missed them i woud be bummed.

as for water....it wasn't brown when we were on...but i've noticed the water as being a little less than clear on every ship. people always ask why and the general consensus from ships' crews is that it is due to the desalinization process.

have fun.

Thanks, all, for your insights. The a/c and the water would be the bigger curiousities. All sounds well there. If they were still doing the crepes, EBQ was going to bring a small jar of Nutella with us! Oh well...

We sailed a B2B on enchantment last October. Had a terrific time. What a great staff!

Calling all my Enchantment friends! EBQ and I are about to sail the Enchantment for our first time. Been reading up after searching on some key words. We're awfully excited, and know we'll have a great time-- as we always do.

Have some questions for those who have sailed her in the last year or so:

1) As if there weren't enough food on board anyway, we're wondering about the Solarium Cafe specifically: do they have the Crepe station there on Enchantment?

***No. They just had burgers, dogs, fries and pizza.***

2) At one time last year, I was hearing talk about a "brown water" problem in the staterooms. Cleared up these days?

***No reports anywhere of brown water during our nine days.***

3) Others have said that the Air conditioning on board Enchantment was a little lacking last year. Better these days, or a little warm?

***Again, never a problem, as far as we could sea.***

4) Anyone know who the Captain or the CD will be in mid-July this year?

***That's one we cannot answer.***

Bill-Wi, Momma Bean...anybody! We'll appreciate any help.

Enjoy your Enchantment cruise!!!

Rick and Deirdra

Archived