Millenium out of San Juan

HookedonSXM

Good Morning,

We will be sailing on Millenium out of San Juan P.R. on Dec 18/09. I didn't realize that San Juan has 2 piers. Can anyone tell me which one we will be leaving from?

Thank you!!!:)

You will be sailing from the Pan American Pier.

Have a great cruise:)

It became really clear to me when someone simply explained it - the Pan Am pier, which is further away, are for ships leaving from San Juan. The closer in pier, that pulls right up in front of the Sheraton, are for ships calling at San Juan for a day port of call.

You will be sailing from the Pan American Pier.

Have a great cruise:)

We will be leaving from this pier next Feb, also. Can you recommend an area in which to reserve a hotel? What about Old San Juan?

It became really clear to me when someone simply explained it - the Pan Am pier, which is further away, are for ships leaving from San Juan. The closer in pier, that pulls right up in front of the Sheraton, are for ships calling at San Juan for a day port of call.

Not true as Princess sails from there every Saturday. I sailed from there 4 times. What is great is you can dropped off yor bags at noon and then go all over SJ and enjoy your day. No cab rides needed.

We will be leaving from this pier next Feb, also. Can you recommend an area in which to reserve a hotel? What about Old San Juan?

Hi,:) Old San Juan is really nice and so is the Condado beach

area.

Either way you have to take a cab to the ship but its not too far away.

Check over on the San Juan Forum. There is ALOT of helpful

information over there:)

Personally, I enjoy the Sheraton in Old San Juan..great location

for sightseeing and many restaurant choices all within walking

distance.

I'm sorry, since this is the Celebrity board, I was referencing Celebrity cruises only.

I am sorry too. I just did not want anyone to think ships only dock at one pier. you wil have to taxi from any hotel to the ship and then back to town to have fun. the ships sail later at night and it is fun to walk around SJ at night. just a lot of time and money wasted.

I agree with lois the Sheraton is good. if you can go higher on price El Convento hotel is the palce to go in town.

Archived