Mercury Drydock/refurb?

Truffle

Forgive me if this question has been asked recently, but has anyone heard whether Mercury will be refurbished within the next year? I know there was some talk of Celebrity selling her off so it was logical not to go to the expense, but now that she will be around for a while, we wondered if there were any plans to redesign for the addition of a specialty rest. or at least a sprucing up?

She is such a beautiful ship and the C-class ships are a nice alternative to the larger ships for a change.

They would probably not spend a lot of money on her unless they planned to keep her around indefinitely, which it looks like is not so. Wish they would keep her for good. Fix her up like Century and run her out of Jacksonville!!!!!! (I wish.)

omg....Patty, that would be heaven for me;):) but unfortunetly

the city and the area where a new pier would be built are at

odds:rolleyes:. Fascination is the only ship sailing from here right now.

I have not heard about any plans for a "revitalization" as they

did to CENTURY. Maybe Rick or Host Andy know something.

Lois, i HATE that X does not sail out of Jax. the city has really dropped the ball on the port stuff. What are they thinking? They would have to put it east of the bridge. It was exciting going under the bridge on Zenith. It felt as if you could reach up and touch it. Sailing up the river was beautiful too. There were always dolphins swimming with us. Ah well, those are the memories!

The Mercury was in drydock back in 2007 I believe. They added some balcony staterooms to the back of the ship. I just got off her a couple of weeks ago and she looked well kept. I would doubt that they would do another refit that soon after the last.

Hi Everyone !

I agree with Rick. I do not see Celebrity doing a Century type revitilization of Mercury anytime soon, if ever. Any chance of it happening would depend on Celebrity's long term plans for Mercury, which is probably anyone's guess.

I'm just happy that Mercury will remain in Celebrity's fleet a while longer !

Okay, here's the latest scoop on Mercury from Constellation. Seems they are listening to us "smaller ship" cruisers and are rethinking taking Mercury off the list. She's now possibly staying with the fleet. We just got off Connie and many of the crew are anxiously waiting to transfer back to Mercury as they like the smaller ships.

Not many like the Solstice class so far. They say it's too big, but I guess that's all in ones opinion. Hope Andy, who's on Constellation this cruise, can come back with some positive vibes about Mercury. We sail her next March and thought it might be her next to last cruise with Celebrity but now we don't know. Keep your fingers crossed.

Okay, here's the latest scoop on Mercury from Constellation. Seems they are listening to us "smaller ship" cruisers and are rethinking taking Mercury off the list. She's now possibly staying with the fleet. We just got off Connie and many of the crew are anxiously waiting to transfer back to Mercury as they like the smaller ships.

Not many like the Solstice class so far. They say it's too big, but I guess that's all in ones opinion. Hope Andy, who's on Constellation this cruise, can come back with some positive vibes about Mercury. We sail her next March and thought it might be her next to last cruise with Celebrity but now we don't know. Keep your fingers crossed.

Wouldn't that be great? I hope they keep her. She will become my new "Zenith".

Forgive me if this question has been asked recently, but has anyone heard whether Mercury will be refurbished within the next year? I know there was some talk of Celebrity selling her off so it was logical not to go to the expense, but now that she will be around for a while, we wondered if there were any plans to redesign for the addition of a specialty rest. or at least a sprucing up?

In a word, no. I emailed Celebrity several months ago asking the same question, since I am considering Mercury from Baltimore.

Does anyone know why Celebrity removed the Mercury's name from the bow of the ship and replaced it with really, really, really small stencil style letters?

We saw her here in San Diego a couple weeks ago and thought the stenciled name looked really generic and stupid. I just received an email from my Mom, sailing on the Statendam. She said a Celebrity ship pulled into Cabo, but they werent sure which ship it was because there was no name on the side.

I let her know it's probably the Mecury, since they are sailing out of San Diego currently.

Chris....!

Archived