How often is there a problem with receiving luggage at your cabin?

For some reason, I'm experiencing some paranoia over this since it's our first cruise with a child. I'm paranoid that I'm going to give my luggage to the Miami Porter and it's not going to get to my cabin and I and DD won't have anything to wear for a week.

Are there really that many issues with them losing your luggage? Has this ever happened to anyone?

Someone talk me off the ledge please. :eek:

I have never not gotten my luggage on all 18 something cruises I have been on. However the one I just got off of, 2 bags were missing for the whole cruise. But like I said I never had an issue and other then this last time I never knew anyone who has had an issue.

I have never not gotten my luggage on all 18 something cruises I have been on. However the one I just got off of, 2 bags were missing for the whole cruise. But like I said I never had an issue and other then this last time I never knew anyone who has had an issue.

Was it bags with most of your clothes? What did you do?

lemme put it this way. My bags were lost in Dallas by Am Air. and I filed the claim with them. The carnival rep at IAH got all my info and cabin number and all that. we had 2 of our 3 bags when we boarded the ship and carnival FOUND our lost bag at IAH and brought it to the ship and it arrived at our cabin after dinner that night.

I trust Carnival whole heartedly.

the stevedors are not employed by carnival at the ports, so.....

If for some reason the luggage tag does come off, all you have to do is go to or call the pursers desk and describe what your bags look like. They will find them and get them to your cabin.

yep the one time ...out of 6 cruises......lost my luggage out of 10 in my party.....it was across from the purser desk:D

Was it bags with most of your clothes? What did you do?

My bags were not the ones missing. They belonged to someone else. There was an announcement about 2 missing bags on day 2 of the trip and then on the last night I came out of the bathroom to see and hear a women yelling about how she just wanted her bags and it was crazy that they had not found them yet.

This will ease your mind...

I was missing 1 bag which had our camcorder, my long cherished stuffed animal (I am almost 30 but would have been crushed!), and an assortment of other neccessities. It didn't arrive on the first night and we were checking the unclaimed luggage area every half hour. We woke up to find our bag in front of our room. The luggage tag had fallen off and all that was left was a stub from a previous cruise. They tracked us down using that prevous cruise tag! If my bag made it, so will yours :)

For some reason, I'm experiencing some paranoia over this since it's our first cruise with a child. I'm paranoid that I'm going to give my luggage to the Miami Porter and it's not going to get to my cabin and I and DD won't have anything to wear for a week.

Are there really that many issues with them losing your luggage? Has this ever happened to anyone?

On 64 Carnival cruises, my luggage has always arrived before dinner (late sitting) and many time just after sailaway.

Carnival has never, in our many cruises, lost any of our bags. They often arrive around sail away. On one occasion, our luggage arrived at the cabin door before we did. I think 7 PM was the latest (a definite outlier)!

Tom

Just a quick tip......Besides my luggage tag, I take a piece of duct tape and write the name of our ship and cabin number. This way if the tap comes off, that duct tape is there to help. It doesn't come off unless you take it off.

While MY luggage always seems to be the last piece to arrive, we (family of 4) have never had a problem getting our luggage, usually before early seating dinner. And, if for some terrible reason your luggage is misplaced/lost/at the bottom of the ocean, I don't think Carnival will let you go bare-butt for the week!:D And trip insurance usually includes some kind of luggage insurance. Don't worry - enjoy your cruise!

Last cruise my bag did not arrive when my roommates did. It was a few hours later that my room steward found it. I alerted him to the fact that I did not get mine and we checked at pursers desk also. I was a little frazzled for a bit!

When we were on the Conquest March 8-15 there were 4(I think) peices of luggage missing(they were not ours). At least two times, we recieved a notice with the capers asking us to check and make sure the luggage we had was indeed our own. I don't know if the luggage was ever found. We had no problem getting our luggage and it was there before sail away.

2 stories about luggage.

We were sailing out of Pt. Canaveral and leaving our car ar the Raddison. Watching the first shuttle bus load, I saw luggage was a problem. So I tossed ours into the car and ran it over to the port and dropped it off. We took the shuttle at our scheduled time and boarded quicky. Went to the room to drop carry ons and luggage was already there.

Out of Miami we used an Avis rental, they had then an office AT the port. We were shuttled to the ship with 2 college guys. It was spring break and we had completely forgotten about that. The shuttle dropped us all at the porters station. I pulled out my money as always for the porters but the college kids REFUSED to tip the porters. I made sure the porters knew which bage were which. Our bags were at the room about 2PM. About 11:30 PM we ran into the guys at the Lido aft bar and had a drink with them. One of them said, "I'm sure glad we didn't tip those porters!" "Why?' I ask. "Because we don't have our bags YET!" he answers.

I'm CERTAIN it was just coincidence, but funny.

Dan

I read a piece of advice on the cruise air boards before I took my first cruise. One of the suggestions was to cross pack when traveling with others. After thinking about it I decided it made alot of sense although a bit more work for me. I divide the clothing between the suitcases so if one piece gets lost we'd all have something to wear still. In fact other than a little laundry on board we'd be fine. That was advice given for airlines possibly losing luggage. Our next cruise is my dh and I and we are only checking 2 pieces of luggage total but they will be cross packed :)

we recieved a memo in our room no the first night with a picture of luggage on it..apparently someones was MIA! It was found about an hour after the memo went out!

2 stories about luggage.

We were sailing out of Pt. Canaveral and leaving our car ar the Raddison. Watching the first shuttle bus load, I saw luggage was a problem. So I tossed ours into the car and ran it over to the port and dropped it off. We took the shuttle at our scheduled time and boarded quicky. Went to the room to drop carry ons and luggage was already there.

Out of Miami we used an Avis rental, they had then an office AT the port. We were shuttled to the ship with 2 college guys. It was spring break and we had completely forgotten about that. The shuttle dropped us all at the porters station. I pulled out my money as always for the porters but the college kids REFUSED to tip the porters. I made sure the porters knew which bage were which. Our bags were at the room about 2PM. About 11:30 PM we ran into the guys at the Lido aft bar and had a drink with them. One of them said, "I'm sure glad we didn't tip those porters!" "Why?' I ask. "Because we don't have our bags YET!" he answers.

I'm CERTAIN it was just coincidence, but funny.

Dan

-- LOVE IT -- :D

Tom

we recieved a memo in our room no the first night with a picture of luggage on it..apparently someones was MIA! It was found about an hour after the memo went out!

Call me strange, but I often take photos of our luggage before setting them out in the hall on the last night. Usually I will flag down one of the guys hauling luggage/cart and "make sure" they get where they are going to. Plus, I doubt he sees very many tips doing his job!

From our Freedom cruise last month:

482932037_ogtby-M.jpg

Tom

Archived