Visit from the Upgrade Fairy!!

Shoobee2

Still quite a ways out but we got a visit from the Upgrade Fairy this week. We had booked a balcony guaranty on the Pacific Princess for this summer and got upgraded to the top category of balcony. That plus getting a successful bid on a hotel thru Priceline... life is going good.

Nothing better than everything falling into place and looking forward to an upcoming vacation. Well, maybe that moment when the muster drill is over and you are standing on deck when the ship sets sail and the weight of the world is lifted from off your shoulders... that might be better. But this is pretty good too!

:);):);)

Congratulations on your visit from the upgrade fairy:)

In 18 cruises we have NEVER been upgraded and we never mark our booking 'no upgrades':( The only time we had something similar was when the price of our balcony plummeted the week after we had made full payment for it and Princess very kindly upgraded us two levels of balcony - not much but something I suppose.

However, I am making a wish that we will get our own visit from the "Yes, we have an available mini-suite:D" fairy for our booked sector of the Dawn Princess World Cruise in August - Southampton to Dubai. All mini-suites taken when we made our booking but we are on a waitlist in case any come available at final payment stage.

The upgrade fairy has yet to visit my part of the world, but I always book the cabin category that I'd be happy with so it's not the end of the world. Still though, I wouldn't complain if the upgrade fairy came through for the upcoming Alaska trip...

After reading your posting, I thought I would pay a little visit to the cruise personalizer to check on my next cruise. Guess what, we have what is pretty much the same upgrade that you received. Woo hoo! Never received one before. My TA was disappointed she wasn't the one to give me the news. Enjoy your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Your probably the only one that got an upgrade as the cruise was filled, but with two cancellations only..that I know about.. Are you leaving from Miami on the Princess charter at 1:50 AM? write and I'll fill you in..lol

parrotmom@verizon.net

We leave Thursday and wait for the charter at 1:50 a.m... there are two I've heard.. we have the earlier one

Archived