New to NCL 2010 Cruise enhancements

bigtoeswim'n

Hi All. DH and I have been on two cruises so far (CC and RCL) and have one booked on RCL this Sep 09. I have my eye, however, on 2010 NCL for New England on the Spirit in Sep 2010 out of Boston. I'm wondering how to receive OBC or cruise enhancements of some sort on NCL. I'm savy with CC and RCL.

Does NCL have predicted times when they offer 2-for-1 bookings or 1/2 off deposits, like cruise week? If so, what month is that? I believe RCL has theirs in Jan or Feb of each year. Since 2010 is so far away, I'm not in a hurry to book. There are no NCL ports near me so that I could take a short cruise and do next-cruise booking OBC like RCL offers.

Any guidance or suggestions will be appreciated as I have learned soooo much from reading this board.

I'm a bit confused as to why no one is replying to my question. Did I hit on a forbidden subject or wha???? I did a google on NCL and promo and some results came up. Cruise critics has always been so helpful to my questions until now. Does NCL have a predictibable "cruise week or wave promo" or not? Sigh

You asked on a Friday after NCL's big Thursday's one day half price sale. You missed the sale of the year by a day. I don't think anyone wants to inform you of this.

There are no weekly or monthly regular sales. Keep your eyes attached to Cruise Critics or NCL website for any forthcoming specials. There will be another half price sale sometime this year.

Probably no answers because there is no answer. They have sales and promotions when they decide to. Who knows what is going to happen next because of the recession.

The traditional "wave month" for the cruise industry is January, if I'm not mistaken, but that doesn't mean you'll necessarily get the best sales and promotions then.

Hi and welcome to the NCL boards. :)

I don't think that NCL has any particular months or "regular" sails that always occur or occur at any specific time. However, it seems like they are always running a sail of some sort.

A great one they had about a month ago was a $99 sale for 3rd through 8th passengers in a cabin. Sometimes the sales are like that and sometimes they offer on board credit to entice you to book.

I'd suggest that you go to the NCL website and register there. You'll then be in the loop and receive emails when sales are occurring. Also, keep a watch here on these boards as some of the members here come up with info about upcoming sales, long before it even becomes public. Don't know how they do it but they do. :)

Happy bargain hunting!

CG

If you are at all flexable, historically these New England cruises go to the big discount mode about a month ahead. Just about every Sept week last year had $299 cabins available. This has gotten to be kind of an "old" itinerary for the locals who've gone on these sailings over and over.

IF you are within driving a day or so, or train, bus. It may be a good deal coming to wait. IF you have flights to book and time off from work to arrange, then book at a rate you can live with, and keep track of pricing trends right up to final payment and get reductions available to you.

Thanks Don H and Budget Queen and other who replied.

My internet server was "down" all day yesterday. I live where there has been heavy rains lately, Alabama. At any rate, Don H, DH and I don't have $$$ to put towards a next cruise deposit in 2010 right now. We still owe final payment on the Sep 2009 alaska and DH is strictly a pay-as-you-go-type person. I did want to get NCL savy, though. I did sign up for NCL newsletter. I like the one-half off deposit sales as that frees up $$ for travel insurance, airfare, hotel, etc. Plus I got my $$ and not the cruise line for that period of time.

I have applied and received my RCL VISA credit card with that wonderful 10,000 bonus miles benefit. So, since RCL and NCL's New England itineraries are so similiar, I think we will stick with RCL for the OBC and the next-cruise credit. But then again, I'm not closed to a cheaper cruise with NCL if the itinerary is right. My adult son lives in NYC, so we get ourselves in the NE, then we will squeeze in a short visit with him.

This board is so wonderful with tips. Thanks again all who contribute. Now to don my rain gear and take my powerwalk. LOL. Thanks again mates.

Archived