Your Favorite Mixed Drinks.

savannahgirl1

What are some of your favorite mixed drinks on HAL? I know about Wang Wangs, love them. :D I have had their chocolate rabbit martini, it was very good. What are some of your other favorites that our specialties to HAL. I love pina coladas and "normal" mixed drinks but I am looking for unusual ones to HAL. Thanks.

My 2 HAL favorites are the Very-Berry Cosmo and the Grapefruit cosmo. The very berry has fresh smashed berries in the bottom of the glass and the grapefruit (at least on Westerdam) was made with an eigth of a whole grape fruit) but then again, I ask for the shaker too.

GN

I've seen it called different things over the years on HAL ships, but my favorite is a blue margarita, with blue Curacao added to a "standard" margarita. On my very first day on a HAL ship back in the 1990's, it was Drink of the Day, and called a Blue Monday.

Oh wow! I can't believe I get to be the one to put these two up!

The Espresso Martini - Great after dinner drink and they're soooo smooth!

The Chocolate Martini - Sinfully tasty (and I'll bet even RuthC would approve this 'waste' of chocolate).

The Chocolate Martini - Sinfully tasty (and I'll bet even RuthC would approve this 'waste' of chocolate).

I had one once, and didn't care for it, but I think the receipe is different now.

However, I am one of those who believes that just putting something in a martini glass doesn't make it a martini. A martini is gin and vermouth, with an olive garnish. The only variation is the choice of straight up or on the rocks. ;)

I'm a big fan of the "Martini of the Day" concept and have one every night before dinner. Cheaper than I pay when out on the town at home and a good way to sample a variety of cocktails. I look forward to trying a "Saketini" in the silk den on the Eurodam.

Nov, 2007, cruise on the MS Oosterdam too the Mexican Riviera. Signed up and graduated from the 3 sea day martini bar mixology class. With the over eighty countries we have traveled, our "Professor" was the best mixologist ever experienced! I'm embarrassed that at the moment, her name escapes me.

However, her Don Julio martini was one of the best all time cocktails and her other libations warranted medals!

I had one once, and didn't care for it, but I think the receipe is different now.

However, I am one of those who believes that just putting something in a martini glass doesn't make it a martini. A martini is gin and vermouth, with an olive garnish. The only variation is the choice of straight up or on the rocks. ;)

Here Here.

Rich

Besides my pre-dinner Maker's Mark Manhattan served up with a twist...?

...or my post-dinner Disaronno on the rocks?

If it's a cold-weather cruise - I find nothing more enjoyable than a Hot Chocolate with a shot of Grand Marnier and Whipped Cream up in the Crow's Nest...

...and if it's a warm-weather cruise - I enjoy my Banana Daiquiris with a shot of Bailey's.

And shortly thereafter, it's back to the stateroom for a nice little afternoon nap. ;)

Mr Bond would disagree with you.

;)

And me. While I don't agree with all the martini variations these days, I can't have gin, so my martini of choice is a vodka one.

I'm not much on mixed drinks usually but I will always have a pina colada or a frozen margarita by the pool, while my husband favours rum punches.

Pre-dinner, it's that vodka martini for me:p and a single malt scotch for hubby.

Can you tell me what's in the Lemon Drop? Thanks!

A lemon drop consistes of Lemon flavored vodka, a touch of pucker, sweet and sour mix shaken with lemon rind in a shaker then poured into a martini glass rimmed with sugar and edged with a lemon wedge. Very refreshing. Tastes like hard lemonade :D

A lemon drop consistes of Lemon flavored vodka, a touch of pucker, sweet and sour mix shaken with lemon rind in a shaker then poured into a martini glass rimmed with sugar and edged with a lemon wedge. Very refreshing. Tastes like hard lemonade :D

Ooh, that does sound good. Thanks!

Archived