How did you find out about cruise critic?

Roadtripster

I *THINK* I was just doing a search and stumpled upon the link. Then I noticed there was a message board.

It was awhile ago. I used to just read and then signed up and started posting. What fun I am having here!!

Just curious - how did you find your way here?

Just as Phoenix I tool did a Google search. I am a member of other unrelated forums so I knew their had to be on for cruising and low and behold 2 1/2 months before our 1st cruise I found CC and been here since.

I *THINK* I was just doing a search and stumpled upon the link. Then I noticed there was a message board.

It was awhile ago. I used to just read and then signed up and started posting. What fun I am having here!!

Just curious - how did you find your way here?[/quotes

I always wondered how others found out about Cruise Critic. I actually sought out to find something like CC.. I always read trip advisor and wanted a website that reviewed cruises. I ended up mentioning it to my mom and she goes, Toni- Go to Cruise Critic! So like you, I read reviews and posted a few of my own. And then quite some time later I stumbled over to the msg boards which have quickly become a new hobby of mine.

I remember reading about the site in the newspaper and thought I'd check it out. Now I can't imagine cruising without Cruise Critic and the friends I've made through the message boards!

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

Ages ago (the '80's - '90's), I use to read and post on the Afloat bulletin board of Prodigy . com. (I was rrrs42a - anyone remember these user IDs? :p)

When Prodigy came to an end, I was left thinking "where'd everyone go?" Some time went by and we started cruising again. I searched around and found Linda Coffman's site (CruiseDiva). She had been a regular poster on the Alfoat board. I think somewhere in her site I read about these boards.

So glad I found Cruise Critic!

I've been reading CC since the days it was a message board on AOL...back in 1995 or so? Not quite sure of the date. I'm sure there's a few folks around who remember better than I do. Had a few different usernames and things have changed a lot since then, but the boards keep getting better so I enjoy them just the same.

A friend recommended it when I was booking my first cruise, but I only knew about the news and reviews, not the boards. I found those when I clicked on a Meet & Mingle registration - which I think I saw on the RCL website. I agree - hugely fun. And reassuring to know I'm not the only cruise fanatic out here.

Archived