New perk for Elites/Suites

dsawyer

For full suites, they delivery canapes each night, not just on formal evening as they do for Elite members. I think you missed the word 'suite' there. ;)

Sorry Toto2 Kansas...I did read the word "Suites" in the posting but paid no attention to it.. I regret posting the wrong info. and am glad you caught the error and posted the correct info. There is enough bad info going around I did not need to add to it...Again, sorry.

I only remember one time that we got only four strawberries. We usually still get six.

I have an order menu around here somewhere. It's only been the last couple of cruises that the strawberries said (4 pieces) whereas the others were 6-8. It was actually printed on the order card, and that is exactly what we have received the last couple of times. :( I would guess we were just unlucky, but since that is exactly how it was worded on the order form, I didn't take offense to it. :)

I have an order menu around here somewhere. It's only been the last couple of cruises that the strawberries said (4 pieces) whereas the others were 6-8. It was actually printed on the order card, and that is exactly what we have received the last couple of times. :( I would guess we were just unlucky, but since that is exactly how it was worded on the order form, I didn't take offense to it. :)

While the order menu says 4 strawberries, I have noticed that if you write 6 on the order form, they will bring you 6. After all the form does say you can get 6 items.

Today I spoke to someone in the Captain's Circle area of Princess (Australia) regarding any new perks for Elite members (in particular the introduction of special pre-dinner drinks/nibblies etc.) and they advised they have not received any information about this. Guess we will just have to wait and see if it is introduced on the Sun and Dawn Princess cruises operating out of Australia.

So are you saying that suites have to order the canapes? They don't come automatically?

That is correct. There is a card left in your cabin daily and you must select the items desired and place the hang tag on your door or you will receive nothing.

Mike:)

• 1 month later...
Today I spoke to someone in the Captain's Circle area of Princess (Australia) regarding any new perks for Elite members (in particular the introduction of special pre-dinner drinks/nibblies etc.) and they advised they have not received any information about this. Guess we will just have to wait and see if it is introduced on the Sun and Dawn Princess cruises operating out of Australia.

You take two of my favorite ships and now you want a special lounge too???:D:p

That is correct. There is a card left in your cabin daily and you must select the items desired and place the hang tag on your door or you will receive nothing.

I think it dpends n your cabin steward. One formal night we did not get (or lost) a card for ordering canapes, but they showed up anyway.

You take two of my favorite ships and now you want a special lounge too???:D:p

I'd give them the Emerald, Crown & Ruby for a couple of years & they can send back the Sun & Dawn.

I agree, it must depend on your steward, for suites anyway. I never fill out a card - he just brings a nice assortment.

Our stewards have been consistent then. In 9 cruises all in suites there has been a card to fill out for your choice of canapes and if it has not been filled out and hung on the door none were delivered.

Now the fruit has always been a different matter with us, it comes regardless.;)

Mike, only one ship where canapes were delivered after the first evening (they have always sent an assortment the first evening onboard since they could not be ordered in the AM) without ordering for us, that was on the Sea Princess. All of the other ships we found the same thing, no card, no canapes. ;)

Mike, only one ship where canapes were delivered after the first evening (they have always sent an assortment the first evening onboard since they could not be ordered in the AM) without ordering for us, that was on the Sea Princess. All of the other ships we found the same thing, no card, no canapes. ;)

We were on the Pacific in March and one or twice the canapes showed without us ordering.

Just for a point of information there were no selection cards for canapes on the Ruby TA for us.

We are elite, only stayed in a mini suite, and not once on the 3 formal nights were there cards in our cabin the night before to make a selection. On our fall cruise on the Emerald there were..this time not. Maybe because they are trying out the Skywalker lounge special drink and hors 'doueves(sp?) each evening??

Anita

Thanks for straightening me out about elite and "Elite"-- my brain must be fried from returning to work after cruising! We were trying to decide whether or not to take 1 3-day coast cruise to reach platinum before taking our upcoming two week Australia cruise. But looks like this would not be a relavant aspect! Thanks again.

Need any advise re your Australia trip just ask any of us Aussies on the boards. Glad to help.

Eileen

Just for a point of information there were no selection cards for canapes on the Ruby TA for us.

We are elite, only stayed in a mini suite, and not once on the 3 formal nights were there cards in our cabin the night before to make a selection. On our fall cruise on the Emerald there were..this time not. Maybe because they are trying out the Skywalker lounge special drink and hors 'doueves(sp?) each evening??

Anita

Did you try out the lounge? The hor 'doeuves there are much better than those canapes anyway. I doubt I ever order any again if I can go to the Elite lounge. Well, maye some strawberries if they are available. :)

Did you try out the lounge? The hor 'doeuves there are much better than those canapes anyway. I doubt I ever order any again if I can go to the Elite lounge. Well, maye some strawberries if they are available. :)

Yes, we did go to Skywalkers and tried out some of the special drinks as well as the

canapes..smoked salmon w/toast points, onion rings; fresh guacamole and chips; wonderful cheese with walnut baguette; goat cheese and tomato bruschetta to name a few. We were on for 16 days so some of the selections were repeated. All yummy!!! It would be nice to have had the strawberries..but you could buy them at International Cafe.

As far as I'm concerned, the only canapes worth ordering are the strawberries:D

We are on Crown B2B on 10 June..we will have to try the Elite nightly function in Skywalkers if that is where it is held on the big ships. My wife is addicted to Princess cocktails, I might save a buck only paying US$5 a cocktail instead of the usual $10 !

Anyone who has attended this 'new' evening shindig for Elite/Suite pax, do they get a good roll up, sorry, speaking OZ there, I mean do a lot of pax turn up?

We are on Crown B2B on 10 June..we will have to try the Elite nightly function in Skywalkers if that is where it is held on the big ships. My wife is addicted to Princess cocktails, I might save a buck only paying US$5 a cocktail instead of the usual $10 !

Anyone who has attended this 'new' evening shindig for Elite/Suite pax, do they get a good roll up, sorry, speaking OZ there, I mean do a lot of pax turn up?

I don't think anyone has reported the new lounge on any ship but the Ruby so far. I think it is being tried out there before deciding whether to expand it.

Looks like we'll be seeing each other in the new lounge on our TA Crown crossing next year!

Hi Mary,

I sure hope they offer this feature on The Crown next year when we go. Right now, I've only seen it on The Ruby.

They gave me incorrect info when I was on The Ruby. They told me it was going fleetwide right away and that's why I posted about this perk here.

So far, it has not gone fleetwide and I'm worried.

Archived