No more commemorative gifts after July 1st

Looks like their strategy is to dump all the little amenities at once and get it over with, then look for new customers who won't miss them.

I see a LOT of RCI advertising, far more than any other cruise line. I assume they're hoping to attract a new group of customers rather than depend on the repeaters so much.

Trouble is, new customers are more likely to do some comparison shopping, and RCI may not fare so well. They're throwing the dice. They may wind up losing new customers and the (formerly) loyal ones.

BTW, we liked the big totes, which were great for beach stuff, and the toiletries bag is very handy. We often use RC's instead of the ones we'd bought previously.

We also just liked little surprises and thoughtful touches. Now, RCI's only surprises are disappointments.

WOW-- They really must be cutting everything...At our last Meet & Mingle on Jewel, I won one of the raffle prizes--It was a great travel bag (very useful) filled with a coupon for a free spa service ( really valuable!) and a free bracelet & necklace for the inch of gold people (really pretty)--plus other goodies....

The new coupons will require that you spend money to get any savings just like on X & I bet you'll be able to purchase all the little give aways in the store!

What's next? pasta, rice & beans & tap water for dinner?

Well, it certainly looks like RCL does not place much value on the repeat passengers!

Let RCL spend their advertising budget on getting new passengers who will not know what a different line RCL was before all the cuts and change were made. As a company RCL has the right to spend their money anyway they choose and make any changes in benefits they want. However, are they ready to deal with the fall out from repeat passengers going to the competition? Are they ready to have empty cabins while their competition keeps eating away at their repeat passengers by offering lower rates?

Only time will tell if RCL has made the right decisions.

MARAPRINCE

Archived