No more commemorative gifts after July 1st

Dang, I should have saved all those gifts RCI gave us over the past few years. We could have made enough on Ebay to make a deposit on another cruise :p

I always thought it was a waste to give them to us, although we appreciated the gesture. I'll never forget the look on a young mans face on the elevator, he was so disappointed he'd not paid attention to the time and missed the CC meet and mingle. We gave him one of the gifts we'd gotten and you would have thought it was Christmas :)

One persons trash is anothers treasure.

Put me down as one who won't miss the gifts, we will miss the chocolates on the pillow at night, though.

I agree. I always enjoyed getting the gift, regardless of what it was. It's fun to get a gift. I even enjoy all the envelopes we get with our invitations to different cocktail parties, meet and mingles, Chops reservations, etc. It's a nice touch.

Agreed! I wear the hat(s) all the time.

The problem is that too many here will complain about anything, including a FREE GIFT. When RCCL reads this stuff, they figure they can eliminate it without any hard feelings.

I am saddened by this. I rarely use the coupons, but I did enjoy the gifts. We did use the totes, we did use the caps, I still have my frames--what I don't need is coupons for things I don't use or need. I'm an RCI champion, but it's getting harder.

Kerrie

btw we got nice totes on Mariner last week - the large ones from the gifts & gear catalog (not the small ones with the clip-on handles). we thought that a really nice treat!! not knowing they were our last!!

Oh... I only hope they still have them in two weeks and not the hats!

Don't forget they took out the free Photo Coupon for Diamond members last summer. Funny though, They still take the same amount of pictures and print them so all of the guest can still throw them in the recycle......................Go Figure......This one makes no sence to me :confused:

Mike

A more efficient way for RCL to handle the photos so they wouldn't throw away as many photos or not print as many would be to expand the use of the photo viewers they already have on board. We used it on our last cruise, and could preview digitally pictures in the system (as long as at the original photo time, the photographer links it to your seapass card). Then, order the ones you want.:) I don't know if every ship has these or not. They could also expand the digital print discount coupon from 20% off to 5 free or BOGO, etc.

The current laundry coupon in the Diamond/Diamond Plus Coupon book is $5 of any laundry order over $25.

Not a real big deal is it. But I guess when you see the prices for each piece it s only a small bag for $25

Well I will not miss the many baseball caps but I did like getting a gift but would have liked a different one every year or different chooses especially for B2B cruises or frequently cruisers. Did like the toiletry bags would have like a few more.

Also liked the tote bags use them for grocery "Green" no plastic bags for me. Also at the store everyone asks where to get them.

Wow, I donate a day of time to Hurricane Ike relief and come back to find another thread on more cuts...Amazing!!!

Only just got to start posting and reading tonight because I worked all evening to catch up work stuff.

So no more ball caps etc... The costs of those good do add up and many get repeat Ritems, so hopefully the coupon books will really make up for it all.

I shared the CL changes with DW last evening, her response was interesting, she said basically she doesn't want to do the AK cruise and since it is for my birthday pick any place in the world I want to go and we will go there. Perhaps Islamabad?

Princess (especially the Costco Kirkland) Alaska cruise tour is fabulous. We have been 90 percent Royal Caribbean loyal but for Alaska their ships are banned in the best glacier viewing area. If you do go to Alaska make sure to do the land portion - Denali is a life experience not to be missed.

The recent changes in 'perks' has us NOT booking onboard our 4/19/09 Mariner cruise.

If you are going to more exotic ports - its a great time. So many choices with great deals. If you like wine - our favorite trip was on a barge in Burgundy for 6 nights. Fabulous food, tiny staterooms, but a great way to see the wine country in France.

Before I would not have talked about the 'better' choices for cruises - but RCCL is no longer loyal to its past passengers.

DH and I are going on our first cruise in a few weeks. We will completely miss out on this perk....:(

Your first cruise! Have a wonderful time! Especially if the gift is still baseball caps...make friends with your tablemates, they may be more than happy to share their C&A gifts with you! :D:):D

Your first cruise! Have a wonderful time! Especially if the gift is still baseball caps...make friends with your tablemates, they may be more than happy to share their C&A gifts with you! :D:):D

I join Patty.........in wishing you a most wonderful first cruise!!

For some of us that have been with RCCL for sometime.........we are going through a bit of differences with the line.

I bet that you are treated as Royalty.......as they have no reason to not do so...........and you are the "New blood" that the line is looking for.

We would love to hear of your experience......on your return.

Rick

I join Patty.........in wishing you a most wonderful first cruise!!

For some of us that have been with RCCL for sometime.........we are going through a bit of differences with the line.

I bet that you are treated as Royalty.......as they have no reason to not do so...........and you are the "New blood" that the line is looking for.

We would love to hear of your experience......on your return.

Rick

It wasn't meant to be a slight on Royal Caribbean at all, Rick. If we have sailed in sometimes quick succession, we have sometimes received duplicate C&A gifts. And as much as we enjoy them ,,,it is even more delightful and fun to share them with first time cruisers that might be seated at our table at dinner. :D:D

I am saddened to hear of this cut. We just got off Liberty last Saturday and didn't mind the hats. We saw quite a few people wearing them on Labadee. I love my Freedom tote bag and use it sometimes to take my waterbottle and other things that won't go in my purse on the subway to work.

We did miss the chocolates at night and I really missed the daily "news from home" papers in the library that were cut.

I just got the news about all the changes. Seems like those who have shown the most loyalty are getting the shaft. In this economy RCI must think people are going to go where the bargains are so why care about repeat business? Kind of short sighted, imho.

I haven't been paying much attention to RCI for some time as we did a Holland America btb cruise to Alaska last year. So have they dropped the fuel surcharge? How is their free style dining working? Holland had it down to a science. But they can't' compete with RCI on entertainment.

Archived