No more commemorative gifts after July 1st

Got this e-mail from C&A:

"Thank you for your e-mail. After July 01, 2009 the commemorative

gift will no longer be a benefit for Crown and Anchor members. However, we have added additional discounts to the Ultimate Value booklet. Additional discounts included photo and laundry discounts. "

I'll really miss all those photo frames, caps and tote bags. Perhaps one day they will all be worth a fortune on e-bay.

andrew

Got this e-mail from C&A:

"Thank you for your e-mail. After July 01, 2009 the commemorative

gift will no longer be a benefit for Crown and Anchor members. However, we have added additional discounts to the Ultimate Value booklet. Additional discounts included photo and laundry discounts. "

I'll really miss all those photo frames, caps and tote bags. Perhaps one day they will all be worth a fortune on e-bay.

andrew

Should this really surprise anyone? All people did was come on here and complain about the gifts. So why give them if they're not wanted?

Laundry coupons (depending on value) would be nice for the long (10+ nt) cruisers. I don't think I'd use one for a 7-nt or less unless I spilled something on an outfit and was afraid it would stain.

I'll miss the gifts. Some of them I didn't use (pleather frames) but others (totes, water wallets, and the fantastic roll-up toiletry bags) I still use. I admit that I gave a few gifts away to friends made onboard simply because hubby and I both got one and we didn't need 2 of them.

RC's really going to town on the cutbacks. I wonder if this announcement will help their stock values. Nothing else has worked. ;)

Should this really surprise anyone? All people did was come on here and complain about the gifts. So why give them if they're not wanted?

Exactly. When did ANYONE here say, Wow! I got some GREAT ball caps /tote bags, etc.!

Exactly. When did ANYONE here say, Wow! I got some GREAT ball caps /tote bags, etc.!

Actually, we were just talking about the KIDS commemorative gifts. I wonder if they'll be taking those as well?

It just seems like a crazy week of take, take, take. You would think their PR people would want to spread it out a little. :confused:

It just seems like a crazy week of take, take, take. You would think their PR people would want to spread it out a little. :confused:
I guess they figured that we're already PO'd and in an uproar so they might was well put all the wood on the fire at once and see if it will burn down quickly. I can't keep up with all the lost perks threads going now.

Actually, we were just talking about the KIDS commemorative gifts. I wonder if they'll be taking those as well?

I agree. They could have spaced things out a little bit. A laundry coupon will be pretty nice though. I wonder if they'll have one in the Gold coupon booklet. We do use the laundry service quite a bit.

I agree. They could have spaced things out a little bit. A laundry coupon will be pretty nice though. I wonder if they'll have one in the Gold coupon booklet. We do use the laundry service quite a bit.

The current laundry coupon in the Diamond/Diamond Plus Coupon book is $5 of any laundry order over $25.

Actually, they once gave out digital alarm clocks. That was the best C&A gift I ever got. Since the rooms don't have clocks, this gift has proven to be GREAT. I use it on every cruise.

The only "gift" that I didn't like was the ball cap and I ended up getting two of them this year. Since they are discontinuing the gift, I'll probably end up with a 3rd one next month. :rolleyes:

Jen

We really like the hanging toiletry bag.

It's been hard being a RCCL fan this year...

###

It really has been difficult....I'm not sure what our future plans will be. It's not any one thing, just the cummulative effect of things taken away.

just so those that like blue jeans on formal night can find something else to complain about.

you're too funny ........ and right !

The fake leather picture frames were the only gift that I didn't care for :O

I liked the baseball caps and now own 6!

I remember when the wrong ship names were on some of those given out - I think we were on Splendour and the ship name on the frame was Legend. You would have thought they did a boat drill in the middle of the night ......... boy, were people put out. It was something to watch. One guest told the LA her entire vacation was ruined. :rolleyes:

Archived