No more commemorative gifts after July 1st

The best gifts were the digital alarm clock and the penlight........when lit up at night.........would have the Crown and Anchor symbol in the middle of the beam!! Those were fun!!

I think that Royal Caribbean needs to air everything that they will be eliminating this week. Just get it over with...........no lingering about what will happen next.

Give it a year.......and the D+'s will be out of the CL.........just as the D's are now.

We will see if they are still giving "Gold Crown Service" on our next cruise!!:rolleyes:

Rick

I was wondering when everyone would notice that the commemorative gift was not listed in the "new and improved" C&A benefits. :rolleyes:

We just cruised earlier this month and that was my first time as a C&A member. I was surprised that they gave away hats and I thought it was a nice touch. Now, I'm disappointed that we won't have this little thing to look forward to, but we'll manage. We do cruise because we enjoy cruising, after all, not to get free stuff. :p

hey, I religiously use those tote bags to haul groceries home instead of plastic bags! I even bought some on eBay cuz I didn't have enough! I use my toiletry bag all the time when I cruise. Now, the baseball caps I could do without.... oh well, as long as RCI keeps putting a ship out to sea, I'll be happy

We just became Diamond members and we have NEVER gotten any of those "gifts" mentioned. Guess C&A forgot about us. :( We have always booked a balcony or higher, too, not that it makes any difference. Oh well, we'll never know what we missed.

Got this e-mail from C&A:

"Thank you for your e-mail. After July 01, 2009 the commemorative

gift will no longer be a benefit for Crown and Anchor members. However, we have added additional discounts to the Ultimate Value booklet. Additional discounts included photo and laundry discounts. "

I'll really miss all those photo frames, caps and tote bags. Perhaps one day they will all be worth a fortune on e-bay.

andrew

Andrew, You better look after the Baseball Caps you are going to get on the Indy TA then;):D

John.

I noticed awhile back husband's toiletry bag was not in good shape so I mentally put it on a "gift" list for him. Next gift holiday, I suggested to the sons he could use one. Nothing doing. Same next gift holiday. Toiletry bag is really getting ratty so I will get him one. Before whatever gift holiday rolls around, I get around to cleaning out my closet and guess what was lingering in the back? Not one, but two! I've got an heir and a spare. I had forgotten all about them. They are really nice and the one I gave him is still in good shape after three years.

Never gotten a picture frame though or a clock. Tote bags and baseball hats galore.

The "prizes" they give away for winning trivia are a joke but it is not the prize, it is the "bragging rights" that count. How many water wallets can you use? We give them to "newbestfriends" whose grandchildren are thrilled with them. When people start complaining about the plastic key chain, I remind them on Carnival they would have gotten a ship on a stick. The key chain, by the way, is handy when zipper pulls come off. We had about six ships on a stick from one Carnival cruise. I was for leaving them but husband had a better idea. On the bus to the airport, he gave them to kids who were clutching them like they were real gold. I hope they got home with them before they broke (lol).

Tucker in Texas

The best gifts were the digital alarm clock and the penlight........when lit up at night.........would have the Crown and Anchor symbol in the middle of the beam!! Those were fun!!

I think that Royal Caribbean needs to air everything that they will be eliminating this week. Just get it over with...........no lingering about what will happen next.

Give it a year.......and the D+'s will be out of the CL.........just as the D's are now.

We will see if they are still giving "Gold Crown Service" on our next cruise!!:rolleyes:

Rick

Rick, I agree, those were worthwhile novelty gifts, still at least you and I will get another Baseball Cap in April:rolleyes:;):eek:.

John.

What, No C&A Ball Cap??:eek: I'm switching to another cruise line!!!!!

Yes I agree, I'm leaving also!!!! Everyone write to every person at RCI and demand this back or threaten to pull your reservation!!!!

Dang, I can't get drunk for free, They won't give me a hat to keep the sun off my face, I won't be able to make friends on my cruise now without my free gift or a room to meet everyone in!!!

I won't be able to put my nose up and say 'I'm going to the CL' and make sure everyone knows I'm more important then they are.

GOOD-BYE RCI

Now, everyone do as I said above and I'll be able to get on my RCCL cruises' and have the ships to myself:D:cool::D

Got this e-mail from C&A:

"Thank you for your e-mail. After July 01, 2009 the commemorative

gift will no longer be a benefit for Crown and Anchor members. However, we have added additional discounts to the Ultimate Value booklet. Additional discounts included photo and laundry discounts. "

I'll really miss all those photo frames, caps and tote bags. Perhaps one day they will all be worth a fortune on e-bay.

andrew

i was told by c&a today that many people wrote in the comment cards about not wanting the commemorative gift . i guess people had nothing else to comment on other than that gift.

Rick

Rick ITA......I can see this happening!

There are so many D that are so close to D+ (we're included in that bunch) that the CL won't be able to handle it.

I thought the bags we got on Brilliance are perfect pool bags--great for throwing sunscreen, books and a hat in. I actually used the picture frame, and that hat came in handy for the bf on the last cruise. Actually, I also have the bag that the bf got on our first cruise--I keep it in my car as an extra bag for groceries and stuff.

I do enjoy the "surprise" of the extra gift as well, but I think it's the principle of this--tied in with everything else, it's a bummer. I've been looking at a cruise for us in the next few months on RC, and they're pretty expensive compared to other lines. I'll be platinum after the next one, and my bf will be platinum on the next. I think things like this, combined with everything else, make you wonder if the price is worth it. I have loved all my RC cruises in the past, but...

Well, that stinks. This would have been our second RCI cruise, soooo I was kinda looking forward to a free gift. :o

It won't stink so much if they give you a Commemorative Laundry Coupon instead... :rolleyes:

Rick ITA......I can see this happening!

There are so many D that are so close to D+ (we're included in that bunch) that the CL won't be able to handle it.

They might be able to handle it, if they make getting to D+ upto 40 credits:rolleyes::eek:, you never know with RCCL at the moment!!!!

Okay, first they take away the ability to combine discounts and OBC just as we reach platinum status and can receive balcony discounts.:eek: Then they take away the chocolates on the pillows.:( This last cruise I didn't even get a towel animal because the room steward was working 2 areas and didn't have time.:confused: Now they've taken away the Diamond concierge services (2 more cruises and we would've been diamond) Finally, after all that there goes the free gift.:eek:(I enjoy our hats, the totes,and the frame houses our 1st cruise picture ever) I just don't understand how they can even call it a loyalty program when they aren't being loyal themselves. Not to mention they are now the one of the highest priced family friendly cruise lines.(disney is the top in price) Somebody needs to stop the madness!:mad:

I liked going to my cabin and seeing what the gift was. I do not cruise that often so it was still a treat for me. This is a rough week!

We enjoyed the gifts. One time a little radio with ear phones....totes.....beach waterproof container...hats.....etc. Got 'em all.....memories all.:)

Rick, I agree, those were worthwhile novelty gifts, still at least you and I will get another Baseball Cap in April:rolleyes:;):eek:.

John.

John...........good to see you here!! I started to rattle something off ...that was in bad taste............and just wiped it off.

I wrote to someone that wanted to know what was free in the Presidential suite............and I sort of blew them off............and didn't even realize that they were new to CC.

This is not an easy time for any of us.........of either country. We should be over there in September, staying with friends, just outside of Wales.

Hope that we can cruise together again.

Rick

Wow, I donate a day of time to Hurricane Ike relief and come back to find another thread on more cuts...Amazing!!!

Only just got to start posting and reading tonight because I worked all evening to catch up work stuff.

So no more ball caps etc... The costs of those good do add up and many get repeat items, so hopefully the coupon books will really make up for it all.

I shared the CL changes with DW last evening, her response was interesting, she said basically she doesn't want to do the AK cruise and since it is for my birthday pick any place in the world I want to go and we will go there. Perhaps Islamabad?

Wow, I donate a day of time to Hurricane Ike relief and come back to find another thread on more cuts...Amazing!!!

Only just got to start posting and reading tonight because I worked all evening to catch up work stuff.

So no more ball caps etc... The costs of those good do add up and many get repeat items, so hopefully the coupon books will really make up for it all.

I shared the CL changes with DW last evening, her response was interesting, she said basically she doesn't want to do the AK cruise and since it is for my birthday pick any place in the world I want to go and we will go there. Perhaps Islamabad?

Dave.........thanks for putting a smile on my face tonight!! I needed that !:D

Rick

Dave.........thanks for putting a smile on my face tonight!! I needed that !:D

Rick

I found a great beach resort in Qatar with a Safari to the desert and sand dune surfing etc... Still hopeful I can make the air components work out for the Maldives where we will get a 1400foot room out over the water...window in front of toilet (no not to watch the flush) but to watch the fish while at the toilet. Snorkel from your back deck...

Archived