Who is your favorite Captain?

jerseymax

Chris Turner without a doubt. Sailed with him twice and twice was impressed with his personal attention, friendly manner and accessibility. In Istanbul last Fall he and Fritz actually greeted the bus on our return and inquired as to our day. He seemed always to be either at the bottom of the gangway when we left or present on our return. We had a medical emergency requiring a change of itinerary on one cruise - he was consistent in making us aware of the situation and what the revised plan would be. He seemed to genuinely care that we had a great cruise - and we did.

If he is going to the Zuiderdam, I am thrilled as I am booked on her next Spring.

Another vote for Peter Harris.. had an impromptu lunch with him in the Pinnacle once. He was very entertaining and informative. He answered all our questions we peppered him with and was a down to earth kind of guy.

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Frans Consen once of the Statendam now returned to the Statendam. Looking forward to renewing our aguaintance. PS. although not much hair on top he used to have dark hair. I guess we all have aged. :)

Without a doubt, Jeroen Van Donsellaar.

He's always been incredibly kind and hospitable to my family and I, and very interesting to chat with...

...and his wife Pam is gorgeous and fun as all heck to hang out with.

(Who are the nominees for favorite Captain's wife?)

;)

My vote is for Captain Frans Consen, we left him on the Statendam a couple of weeks ago. He is one of the most visible Captains that we have ever had and he has a great sense of humor. :D

Ok I have to ask, when we were on the Ryndam the two times with Frans he would start out his messages from the Bridge with a short roll of the r's then by the end of the cruise he was rolling the rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr's a lot with Rrrrrrrryndam. It was down right comical. You could hear a pin drop when he did his 1 PM report from the bridge because everyone wanted to hear what he had to say. Often it was a who's on first comedy act between he and the C.D.

What does he do on the Statendam?, there are just no R's to roll :D Doe he still hang out in the evenings in the Ocean Bar chatting with passengers?

I am so looking forward to sailing with him again in two weeks from tomorrow.

Ok I have to ask, when we were on the Ryndam the two times with Frans he would start out his messages from the Bridge with a short roll of the r's then by the end of the cruise he was rolling the rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr's a lot with Rrrrrrrryndam. It was down right comical. You could hear a pin drop when he did his 1 PM report from the bridge because everyone wanted to hear what he had to say. Often it was a who's on first comedy act between he and the C.D.

What does he do on the Statendam?, there are just no R's to roll :D Doe he still hang out in the evenings in the Ocean Bar chatting with passengers?

I am so looking forward to sailing with him again in two weeks from tomorrow.

You are correct in that he has no rrrrrrrrrrrrrr's to roll in Statendam, but he sure rolls them in any word that contains one. His 1pm report from the bridge seemed popular and many people commented on how nice it was to get all the information that he shares.

He wanders through the Lido in the morning stopping to chat and greet people that are having breakfast, he even sang 'Happy Birthday' to a lady that turned 90 one morning, that was very cute. He was in the Ocean Bar on several evenings, when we stopped in . Enjoy your cruise! :D

Our FAVORITE is Edward Van Zaane and his DARLING wife Apollonia. He's on the "Amsterdam" and we've sailed with them for -count 'em - 8 months. We will receive our 500 day medals on the fall "Grand" cruise on the "Amsterdam" [ again] and we specifically planned that it be on THAT ship. He is the total professional Captain with our comfort and benefit his main concern - We think he's TERRIFIC,

Anne and Dick

You are correct in that he has no rrrrrrrrrrrrrr's to roll in Statendam, but he sure rolls them in any word that contains one. His 1pm report from the bridge seemed popular and many people commented on how nice it was to get all the information that he shares.

He wanders through the Lido in the morning stopping to chat and greet people that are having breakfast, he even sang 'Happy Birthday' to a lady that turned 90 one morning, that was very cute. He was in the Ocean Bar on several evenings, when we stopped in . Enjoy your cruise! :D

Thanks :) You saying he sang Happy Birthday to a lady in the Lido reminds me of when we sailed with him to Alaska in May 2006. We were walking past the Piano Bar one afternoon and he had just done a Renewal of Vows. He started talking to us he had remembered us from cruising prior with him and knew we were from Las Vegas. So he told us his retirement plans :D He said when he retired he is going to open a wedding chapel in Las Vegas that looks like a ship and and be the "Singing Captain who marries people" Yes he love to sing as well ;) (BTW I am sure he was just joking with us which is something he loves to do.) :D

That doesn't suprise me. My wife and I read his book of adventures and still get a chuckle thinking of some of the events he wrote about on his ships. I understand that if he was the Captain of your cruise, he would sign your book. Who will be the captain of the Alaska 5/17/09 on the Westerdam. Don't want to drag more weight along if it's not needed.

Thanks,

Ken

I bought his book while we were on our cruise. I also still chuckle when I think about some of the stories (the duck, the penthouse were ones that I thought were just hilarious). I like to read before I go to sleep and when I was reading this book, I burst out laughing many times (while hubby was trying to sleep). Hubby is now reading it and he's enjoying it very much.

I really enjoyed the chapter on how he met his wife. I just thought it was so sweet. I wished I would have thought to ask him to autograph the book, but I didn't. I also bought the two "Peter the Cruise Ship" books.

I bought his book while we were on our cruise. I also still chuckle when I think about some of the stories (the duck, the penthouse were ones that I thought were just hilarious). I like to read before I go to sleep and when I was reading this book, I burst out laughing many times (while hubby was trying to sleep). Hubby is now reading it and he's enjoying it very much.

I really enjoyed the chapter on how he met his wife. I just thought it was so sweet. I wished I would have thought to ask him to autograph the book, but I didn't. I also bought the two "Peter the Cruise Ship" books.

How about the inadvertant sea burial that was done twice!!