Psi Bands for motion sickness?

Has anyone ever used Psi Bands to prevent motion sickness? I usually use the Transderm patch, but I hate the side effects. I just read about these Psi Bands in a magazine, and they seem promising, but I don't know anyone who has ever used them.

I know that Bonine and ginger pills are popular options that are suggested on the boards, but I am curious about these bands.

My partner and I both use them, and have had no motion sickness on 6 fall transatlantics. Even worked on the 30,000 ton Azamara Journey last fall, and in an aft PS cabin to boot!

Needless to say, they work for us, but we always bring a backup of Bonine just in case!

Happy Sailing,

TnT

Yes, Sea Bands or other name wrist bands absolutely DO work! Buy them at home in most drug stores though - they are way expensive once you get onboard ship!

They are a great drug-free alternative, and they work for morning sickness relief, too. :)

Thanks for the reminder... going to find mine right now!

My mom swore by the BioBands ...

http://www.biobands.com/motionsickness.htm

She would put it on the hour before she left home to fly, then would keep it on until the day after she returned home.

It was the only thing that worked for her. Heaven help her if she flew then cruised ... she could have balance issues for weeks. Once she started using the bands, all the problems stopped.

My DW has had major motion sickness issues for years. Most any form of travel (car, plane, ship) was always a problem. She used every form of over the counter and prescription meds available, but hated the after effects (sleepy and dry mouth). M DW then heard about the wrist bands and after using them on a cruise about ten years ago no longer needs any of the other meds. Has never had an issue since and swears by the wrist bands. Hope this helps.

My DS swears by them. He has a real problem with motion sickness.

Everyone is different so try them for yourself, they don't cost much. Just bring along your patch just in case they don't work for you.

I use ginger and have never had a problem.

Archived