Live From the Caribbean Princess - 4/5 - 4/12

LoraJ

What is the difference between the Caribe Café and Horizon Court?

Been on Princess ships before and don't remember the Caribe Café.

Thanks. Enjoying these updates. 39 days till I sail on this ship.

Good morning from Bonaire. :) We're getting ready to go on our water taxi to Klein Beach tour.

So last night, I went to the Island Dining room and spoke to the MD about the best way to get a table for 2 and he said I could call the DINE line during the day, so maybe I just did not call early enough. :) When we walked up I thought the Island would be less crowded. We ended up waiting 30 minutes. A couple sat next to us in the bar area down there and they had a beeper from upstairs. They only had to wait 10 minutes. Once we got in our service was very slow. I had bought a bingo ticket for a free cruise and needed to grab it from teh cabin at around 10pm so I was getting worried. I asked the waiter if he thought we would be out in time and he got the food going after that. My DH wasn't impressed with the dining experience and said he would be happier with the buffet or room service. (The factthat I was cranky due to missing my daily nap did not help matters ;) )

I just uploaded some photos. :) Hopefully the connection doesn't drop...

fave spot to lounge:

fave.jpg

The difference with the Caribe abd Horizon court, besides the layout, is that they serve different meals there at different times. There is a sign that directs you to where the food is being served. Although for breakfast they seem to serve basically the same things. I am ooking forward to the Mexican Buffet there. :)

Lora,

I take it those chairs are outside of the Sanctuary?

How has your Internet connection been? Are you using it in your

room or in the Atrium and if both, do you see a difference in speed?

Looking forward to hearing how fast the connection is.

Glad to hear you are having a great time.

AD = Anytime Dining

You just show up and wait for a table...hopefully not too long! One of the three dining rooms on the CB is for traditional/set-time dining and the other two are open seating.

HLR

Hey guys,

I'm glad ya'll are having a great time. By any chance can you get pictures of the menus. We are cruising in a few weeks and are trying to decide what two nights would be the best for the specialty restaurants. I love my formal nights so I don't want to miss them. Take care and keep us updated!

We are now making our way towards Grenada! :)

Regarding internet speeds, I can usually get on with no problems with my laptop in the cabin in the morning. However, it gets more difficult later on. Right now I am in teh internet cafe where the speed and connection is much better. I am listening to a band play in the piazza as I surf the net. The internet cafe is actually pretty crowded right now.

I will try and take pictures of the menus. The ones they leave in our cabin seem to be different than the actual dining room menu. For example, the comfort food is not listed on ours. Also on last nights menu, in our cabin they listed the chicken empanadas as chicken livers and eggplant. In the dining room the menu said "chicken and eggplant". So I wonder what I actually ate. LOL!

We really enjoyed the water taxi to klein beach tour today. If you do this tour, just be aware that there are no beach chairs or bathrooms. But it was very pretty.

Not sure what we'll be doing this evening. I think for dinner we will be doing a mix of buffet and room service.

Speaking of buffet, we went to the Mexican buffet for lunch today. It was chaos!!!!! Try and get there early if you can.

Loraj - Really enjoying following your live post! Question for you - I am trying to figure out what nights to book the speciality restaurants and possible an UBD and think that the order "may" go like this -

Sailaway Dinner - Sunday

Captain's Welcome Dinner - Monday (formal)

Italian Dinner - Tuesday

Caribbean Dinner - Wednesday

Chef's Dinner - Thursday

Captain's Gala Dinner - Friday (formal)

Landfall Dinner - Saturday (last night)

Is this correct? We are actually doing the 14 day (not a B2B but we booked the 14 sailing). We do realize that there are people doing 7 days only - we assumed that we would be getting a repeat of the 7 day menu the 2nd week - but I have read that others have had a 14 day menu with no repeats on other ships - so we are wondering.....But I guess you wouldn't know the answer to that.

Also - been hunting around for the most current menus - have found some but they are each a little different. I know a lot of people said that they loved the fajitas (one of the new homestyle choices) but I found current menus for the Sapphire and fajitas are not listed at all. Did you notice if they had them on the CB and what night?

Thank you so much!!!

Canuck

Hello from Grenada!!

Just checking in btween my massage/facial and dinner. I need to find a tissue, didn't realize how oily I still am. Leaving marks on the internet cafe desk. :) Nice music out in the Piazza now and thankfully whatever fondue someone is having is not that rotten smelling cheese kind.

We did not do much today in port. Just walked around and did some shopping. The tunnel that you have to walk through to get to Dot's is - wow! I thought my foot was going to get run over by a tire. It was an experience. I felt like I was on the Amazing Race. lol!

This morning I did the On Deck for the Cure walk! Participation was lower than normal. The staff says they believe it is due to the spring break crowd. But it was fun. The outside promenade deck is really nice to walk around. This seems to be where everyone goes now that there is no longer a track upstairs.

In regards to the menus, everything seems the same except Tuesday and Weds. Tuesday was Caribbean night and Weds was Italian night.

The fajitas were on the Caribbean menu. We had them and I thought they were really good.

We're having my birthday dinner at Crown Grill tonight. Looking forward to it!

Our photography tour in St. Thomas got canceled due to not enough sign ups. :( Guess we'll just go to Magen's Bay.

Tomorrow is Dominica. Looking forward to the Ti Tou Gorge tour.

Now I need to go rinse this oil off...

Loraj - Really enjoying following your live post! Question for you - I am trying to figure out what nights to book the speciality restaurants and possible an UBD and think that the order "may" go like this -

Sailaway Dinner - Sunday

Captain's Welcome Dinner - Monday (formal)

Italian Dinner - Tuesday

Caribbean Dinner - Wednesday

Chef's Dinner - Thursday

Captain's Gala Dinner - Friday (formal)

Landfall Dinner - Saturday (last night)

Is this correct? We are actually doing the 14 day (not a B2B but we booked the 14 sailing). We do realize that there are people doing 7 days only - we assumed that we would be getting a repeat of the 7 day menu the 2nd week - but I have read that others have had a 14 day menu with no repeats on other ships - so we are wondering.....But I guess you wouldn't know the answer to that.

Also - been hunting around for the most current menus - have found some but they are each a little different. I know a lot of people said that they loved the fajitas (one of the new homestyle choices) but I found current menus for the Sapphire and fajitas are not listed at all. Did you notice if they had them on the CB and what night?

Thank you so much!!!

Canuck

Hi Canuck,

We are also going on the CB. By any chance can you post the menus. I have found some but would like to get an idea of when the best night to do the specialty restaurants would be? We are thinking Crowne Grill for caribbean night and Sabatini's for italian night. Thanks so much.

mantaray - I have found bits and pieces all over the place - lol - but there was a recent post by someone who just got off the Sapphire at the end of March/beginning of April and they were told that these were the "new" menus. I can't remember which thread it was on but I stored it in my favourites, so here is the link - http://bhughes.smugmug.com/gallery/7849029_pGrF6

It doesn't have the Caribbean night one - it has Mediterranean instead. I can't find the Caribbean night menu (the one with the fajitas) - I know I saw it before but now I can't find it.

Hope that gives you a better idea.

Canuck

Do you know if you can book one of the specialty restaurants as soon as you get on ship (even if they aren't open yet)? And can you call in or do you have to do it in person?

I was wondering the same thing. Love to know the best way to make reservations.:)

Thanks.

Archived