Is the Hampton Inn at Phila best "PARK and FLY?"

Lvteks

I need a 10 days to two week parking package. The Tripadvisor and other reviews of Hampton Inn are old and as usual have the identical negative comments. Eopinions is the only site with recent (09) comments and they were positive. Does anyone out there have recent experience with this facility? Thanks,

Blessings,

Gail

i haven't stayed there but it's close to a ruby tuesday and several other hotels......i have stayed in hotels next to the Hampton several times without any issues...

actually, i was at a marriott-branded hotel and i went to the airport to fix a ticketing issue...the van for my hotel never came after waiting 30-45 mintues....the hampton driver stopped on his 3rd trip and asked where i was going...he took me since the hotels are just across the parking lot (and informed me that the driver for the marriott brand often goofed off...)

so, not sure if that helps. Hamptons have a 100% satisfaction guarantee...i invoked it once at another property elsewhere and they sent me a refund ! if youre not happy, let them know.....

hth

i've also learned to take reviews with a grain of salt and form my own opinions...i've been places many loved and i hated, and vice versa...........

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpoints/search/pre_decider_all.html?propertyID=123&ratePlanName=STY14D&IM=SOP_PARKNFLY14_FP_123_PA

Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport

4101A Island Avenue

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19153

United States

(215) 492-0400

We have stayed here before many times. No complaints from us.

Jimbo:)

We've stayed at the Fairfiled Inn, COurtyard, 4 Points, Sheraton Suites and Renaissance....all were perfectly acceptable.....

you'd have to check on park n fly rates......most should have park n fly rates.....

there is also an embassy suites and a couple other places. i would skip the ramada, quality inn and a couple other places farther south of the renaissance in essington (they look a little yucky, but Jimbo would possibly know better than i....)

We have only ever stayed at the 4 Points, Renaissance, and Embassy Suites.The last 2 seem to much more expensive most times so we favor 4 Points.

Like Meg said if I was you I would skip those other places like Ramada, Quailty Inn, Microtel Inn & Suites, Days Inn, Comfort Inn.

I worked right by the airport for almost 15 yrs, until recently. Have to agree with the recommendation for 4 Points, if you can get good rates there. My contractors stayed there many times and never had issues. However, as the others have stated, some of the other locations are a bit iffy. I know the area well and would not stay at any of the hotels that are right by that Ruby Tuesday. Just a few months ago, right at noon & in broad daylight, the vehicle of a family of vacationers was broken into right in the Ruby Tuesday lot (car was facing the main road, too -- they did a smash-n-grab -- saw it personally because we had a group lunch there). It seemed they were seen packing up from the hotel and then driving over for lunch. This is Southwest Philly, not a great neighborhood -- sad to say. Over at the 4 Points, the parking area is situated in a way that isn't as easily accessible for that sort of thing to happen.

Not trying to freak you out, but just wanting to provide a glimpse of reality. I know the area all too well and I would feel the 4 Points is the best bet if it were me having to stay in that area.

I worked right by the airport for almost 15 yrs, until recently. Have to agree with the recommendation for 4 Points, if you can get good rates there. My contractors stayed there many times and never had issues. However, as the others have stated, some of the other locations are a bit iffy. I know the area well and would not stay at any of the hotels that are right by that Ruby Tuesday. Just a few months ago, right at noon & in broad daylight, the vehicle of a family of vacationers was broken into right in the Ruby Tuesday lot (car was facing the main road, too -- they did a smash-n-grab -- saw it personally because we had a group lunch there). It seemed they were seen packing up from the hotel and then driving over for lunch. This is Southwest Philly, not a great neighborhood -- sad to say. Over at the 4 Points, the parking area is situated in a way that isn't as easily accessible for that sort of thing to happen.

Not trying to freak you out, but just wanting to provide a glimpse of reality. I know the area all too well and I would feel the 4 Points is the best bet if it were me having to stay in that area.

yikes.........well that's good to know............:eek: next time i shall try one of the sheratons............

Many thanks to all of you! . Meanwhile does anyone know about the aLoft as far as location and car safety.? ..well our own too. :) Since we cruise in Sept. I am watching pricing in case we get lucky. BTW we are coming from VA...anything outside of Philly a possibility?

Blessings,

Gail

How secure is the parking at the port in Philly?

should I park there or at the airport?

I am Driving from Ohio and plan to spend the long holiday weekend

in the Philly area after my cruise.

Many thanks to all of you! . Meanwhile does anyone know about the aLoft as far as location and car safety.? ..well our own too. :) Since we cruise in Sept. I am watching pricing in case we get lucky. BTW we are coming from VA...anything outside of Philly a possibility?

Blessings,

Gail

that's a brand new hotel..only open MAYBE 6 months...on the same property as the oft-mentioned sheraton suites and four points (one big happy hotel family!) Safe area...you'd have to drive or eat in one of the hotels......(not sure what the aLoft has, but the Sheraton Suites has a restaurant, as does the 4-points!)

We've stayed there and left the car...its fine...not sure if there is a charge to park..there is/was a gate and sometimes a human. they have some spots around the lot that are solo....just your car, and they are near lights (they have curbs or grass...and a little space before the next bunch of parking spots...hard to describe....they aren't isolated from the parking lot, just from other cars!)

as for outside of philly? where? i wouldn't bother. just stay away from some of the places mentioned above...(Quality Inn, Ramada, etc)

I wouldn't stop before philly or in delaware....too much traffic almost all the time...just stay by the airport....

Blessings,

Gail

Checked out 4 points for your dates.

includes 14 days parking the car.

Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport

4101A Island AvenuePhiladelphia, Pennsylvania 19153United States Phone: (215) 492-0400Fax: (215) 365-6035

1 King

32 Inch Flat Screen Lcd Tv , Four Comfort Bed , Free Internet/bottled Water , Comfortable Work Area , Comfortable Non-smoking Room

Park And Fly 14 Day

Terms & Details

USD 140.00

+ charges & taxes

= USD 161.28

Aloft Hotel which is about 40 yards from 4 Points hotel would be $171.00, includes just 10 days parking, each addtional day parking would be $6.00 per day.

The area is very safe for leaving your car, Like I said before we have used 4 Points many , many times, no problems of any kind.

Thanks again! Looks like CC has come through as always. I wonder what people do who don't know about this site. Keeps me motivated to answer others inquries when I have some information. I appreciate all the time you have given to help me.

Blessings,

Gail

Port parking is, in my opinion, very secure and convenient. The only downside is that it is an outside lot. It may also be a cheaper alternative to the airport.

Glad to hear you are planning to spend the holiday weekend in Philly. So much to do! :):cool:;) Don't forget the cheesesteaks!

When you say "Philly Area," do you plan to see the historic area sites or will you be visiting the general area? If you plan on the city, I suggest you stay in center city/historic area NOT the airport. But, be aware that hotel parking can be pricey.

http://www.gophila.com/

Progress update....two words that made a difference "Queen Beds." So we opted for Aloft with gated parking and some sort of food service, Nearly all others described their 2 bed accommodations a 2 double beds, I don't expect too many parties on Sept. 2nd, so banking on quiet. The rate with parking and one extra guest = $219. We will still be watching just in case, Really appreciated the detailed replies. I'll remember when I have the opportunity to help out another from CC.

Blessings to all.

Gail

Archived