RCI transfers from FLL?

Can someone please advise what RCI charges f0r transfers from FLL to the port of Miami? We can save about $130 each flying into FLL rather than MIA. We would fly in the day before, spend the night at an airport hotel, then go back to FLL to meet with RCI's transportation.

Can someone please advise what RCI charges f0r transfers from FLL to the port of Miami? We can save about $130 each flying into FLL rather than MIA. We would fly in the day before, spend the night at an airport hotel, then go back to FLL to meet with RCI's transportation.

Why would you go back to the airport to get a bus? Just take a taxi to the port. It will probably be cheaper and certainly easier.

You can book the RCL transportation back to the airport one way....

It's always less costly for us to fly into FLL than to Miami, not sure why. The RCL transer is less costly than a taxi, however I'm not sure I'd pinch those pennies next time. While they will tell you that you will wait no longer than 30 minutes, it's not true. They will send off a bus when it's holding a decent sized group. Our flight was weather delayed by maybe 30 minutes. We were forced to wait for the next group of RCL passengers to arrive for our ship, which was an hour later. By the time they got their bags, we'd been waiting for over an hour and a half.

I'm not complaining...it's really not that big a sacrifice to save money. However, I'm one of those cruise fanatics (aren't we all on this website?) and sitting in an airport instead of sitting on the deck of the ship with a tropical drink in hand was excrutiating! Next time, I think I'll spring for the taxi!

For your info: Our return trip from the ship to the airport was through an airport limo service and ran us about $79.00 for two people. So the RCL bus apparently saved us about $30/total. It's totally up to you.

Whenever we have flown into FLL prior to a cruise out of Miami (we also usually find the airfare much cheaper) we have taken the limo/transfer service located just outside the baggage claim area and gone directly to our hotel in downtown Miami. The last time we did so, I believe it cost $18 per person and the taxi fare to the pier the following morning was about $10 plus tip. Using Priceline.com for our hotel room in Miami has saved us a substantial amount as well.:)

i just asked my ta yesterday same question. she said it is $58pp to miami port.

We just got back from FLL and also always fly into FLL. We flew in the day before. We used Go Shuttle that took us from FLL to Marriot Biscayne Bay. It was appx $20 + tip per person. We then took a shuttle from Marriott to Port Miami. On the way home, because of the late flight, we booked the everglades excursion.

Hope that helps.

Archived