What Brand of Bath Products

Oceanurse

I am looking forward to cruising with Oceania for the first time in November. Can anyone tell me what type of bath products they provide? We have booked a PH3. Any info would be very helpful. The less I need to pack the better. Thank you.

Cathy

French-milled toiletries. I thought I read on here last summer: L'Occitane?

My 2009 European Collection book says Hermes and Clarins for Owner's and Vista Suites only and certainly does not specify the brand for Penthouse Suites.

We just returned from a Transatlantic on the Regatta in a Ph3. The bath products were adequate, but I wasnt really happy with the hair conditioner. The water onboard made my hair have a much different texture than I'm used to, albeit, very very shiny. I was glad that I took a leave in conditioner for my hair. My hair is color treated and sort of curly and it really was pretty frizzy without the leave in conditioner. The shower gel, shampoo, lotion and scrub were nice. I really liked the bar soap.

My 2009 European Collection book says Hermes and Clarins for Owner's and Vista Suites only and certainly does not specify the brand for Penthouse Suites.
That is interesting.

We were in category B, and the toiletries were adequate. Does anyone know whether category A and PH get anything different? Just curious.

I agree with Grammy about the hair conditioner. I ended up buying a bottle of drugstore stuff from the boutique that was not great, but was a lot better than the generic "O" brand in our cabin (A2). The rest of the products were fine, but I'll bring my own conditioner next time.

Several years ago O advertised that they were upgrading to Caswell - Maswell toiletries for Concierge Class cabins.

We were on Deck 7 on both of our cruises. The first was before Concierge Class and we had toiletries that said Oceania on the bottles. All of the toiletries were more than adequate. The second was after Concierge Class and, eventhough the toiletries still said Oceania on the bottles, they had changed. The body lotion was great, but we did not care for the other products. We were very happy that we had brought travel sizes from home.

We have a little left from our holiday cruise in a concierge cabin; I just looked, and it just says Oceania on the containers. The containers are very pretty, however, like a curved sculpture, for whatever that is worth. Betsy uses them; they are fine for her. I am set in my ways and bring my own.

Several years ago O advertised that they were upgrading to Caswell - Maswell toiletries for Concierge Class cabins.

Similarly, the Penthouses used to get Elemis Bath products (the same brand that they sell in the spa).

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/T_MainContentPage.aspx?PageUID=e72be678-6c10-473d-9866-61353b243808

There was a set of refillable test tube shaped containers in a chrome stand on the washbasin.

We liked Elemis much more than the (presumably more expensive) Hermes products.

Thank you all for your info- it is much appreciated.

Oceanurse-

I concur with all of the above comments. As a (retired) hairstylist, former PH1 guest, and highlighted-naturally-curly-prone-to-frizzy-hair product junkie, I can assure you that the shampoo and conditioner are horrible for processed hair! The bottles were nice and I still have them, but they are full!!! (as in, I never used what was in them!) I ALWAYS bring at least my own conditioner...the shampoo will do as long as you can coat those poor strands afterwards.

gr'aunt

Oceanurse-

I concur with all of the above comments. As a (retired) hairstylist' date=' former PH1 guest, and highlighted-naturally-curly-prone-to-frizzy-hair product junkie, I can assure you that the shampoo and conditioner are horrible for processed hair! The bottles were nice and I still have them, but they are full!!! (as in, I never used what was in them!) I ALWAYS bring at least my own conditioner...the shampoo will do as long as you can coat those poor strands afterwards.

gr'aunt[/quote']

I'm a little confused, how would you know what effect they would have unless you used them?

Unless you had previous experience with the brand.

Other than OS and VS, toiletries were downgraded last year and are now generic and not very good. I used to like what was provided and didn't bother to bring my own, but my November 2008 cruise on the Regatta was different. My hair was a disaster and in future I will pack my own products. I spent 15+ years in the professional hair care field and know the difference. However, if Oceania has to cut corners, I would rather they do so with shampoo and not in the kitchen. It's no hardship to bring my own hair care products, but I don't want Oceania to tinker with what I find to be the best cuisine at sea.

Our toiletries last October aboard the Nautica looked like that. We found them adequate, perhaps we were not demanding. We had just one set (which we just used up and not replaced) for the whole 12 days, and perhaps our bottles were a little shorter (?) We heard that categories A and PH had somewhat larger (longer) bottles than our category B and below. Is that true?

I'm a little confused, how would you know what effect they would have unless you used them?

Unless you had previous experience with the brand.

uhhh...yeah, I had previous experience with the watered-down stuff and like I said, the conditioner was horrible for chemically-treated hair. But all you color-virgins out there will be perfectly happy.

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Concierge class in November 08 on Regatta. There were lots of curved, sculptural bottles but if they fall in the shower - as frequently is the case - the plastic shatters and then they leak. We were constantly throwing away mostly full bottles that had fallen and shattered.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived