Is there a freezer portion in the minifridge?

I will be traveling with a 1 year old who drinks milk a lot. We will be going off the boat on the islands and will need to bring some with us. Whenever I go anywhere at home I bring a mini bottle cooler (4 inches x 4 inches) with an ice pack. But is there a freezer in the minifridge in the cabins to store the ice pack over night or only a fridge? I know I can probably bring ziplock bags and put ice in them from the buffet, but anything that makes life easier helps!

I will be traveling with a 1 year old who drinks milk a lot. We will be going off the boat on the islands and will need to bring some with us. Whenever I go anywhere at home I bring a mini bottle cooler (4 inches x 4 inches) with an ice pack. But is there a freezer in the minifridge in the cabins to store the ice pack over night or only a fridge? I know I can probably bring ziplock bags and put ice in them from the buffet, but anything that makes life easier helps!

I wouldn't recommend keeping milk in the mini fridge. None that I have had actually kept things cold, just cool.

Perhaps you could try this. We keep a collapsable cooler in our shower and our room stewards have always been really great about keeping them filled with ice.

On our last cruise with toddler twins, we actually put the ice bucket with ice IN our fridge and put milk in that....not much room left over, but things definitely stay nice and cold that way. That was a NCL cruise, so I don't know if the size of the fridges are comparable.

This is a great thread - why, because we are traveling on LOS in 10 days!! It is our first cruise and we wondered about ice. We are taking a cooler on board and wondered how to keep everything cold - so asking your room attendant for ice is not too much trouble??? I just hate to impose, by asking for too much.

With how much they get automatically tipped at the end of the week, do not think of it as an imposition. Plus even with the deals to be had, you pay quite a bit to cruise! Attention to detail is one of the reasons! Don't feel bad about asking for things to help yourself enjoy it more! We always have our room attendant keep wine glasses in our room at all times. In the past we had brought bottles aboard with us and brought a glass with us as we walked around before dinner. He was more than happy to help us with that request.

I kept several cartons of milk in the frig on FOS and it stayed chilled and never spoiled. No Freezer and no temp. control for you to adjust.

When you get onboard and meet the cabin steward for the first time tell them when and how often you want ice, they will do it.

Let me tell you, I always have a hard time keeping milk from spoiling in those fridges. So I replenish it often. This is how...

Windjammer in the morning - grab some cartons.

Lunch - head to Cafe Promenade - ask for some cartons.

Nighttime - Cafe Promenade again - ask for some cartons.

You can even order milk from room service. Or you used to be able to. ;)

With how much they get automatically tipped at the end of the week, do not think of it as an imposition. Plus even with the deals to be had, you pay quite a bit to cruise! Attention to detail is one of the reasons! Don't feel bad about asking for things to help yourself enjoy it more! We always have our room attendant keep wine glasses in our room at all times. In the past we had brought bottles aboard with us and brought a glass with us as we walked around before dinner. He was more than happy to help us with that request.

It isn't an imposition, but on RCI they don't get "automatically" tipped at the end of the week unless you authorize RCI to prepay your tips or to add your tips to you seapass account.:rolleyes: Compared to other costs associated with cruising the suggested tip amounts are not terribly onerous and most room stewards more than earn whatever amount they receive.

Archived