Whatever happened to RCCL's weeekly sale site?

Hi

There used to be a site that you could go to for sales and special promotions RCCL was running. I forget what it was called but I think it had the word "wave" in it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I had it saved on my favorites long ago but now when I go to that site, it is no longer there. Do they still have such a site? Thanks for any help.

Laurie

That is the Tuesday special sale site, not Promowave, which has not been available for many months. Apparently, RCI is not going to reinstate Promowave, which could be used for already booked cruises, not just new bookings only, and it was available for a week, not just Tuesdays.

That is the Tuesday special sale site, not Promowave, which has not been available for many months. Apparently, RCI is not going to reinstate Promowave, which could be used for already booked cruises, not just new bookings only, and it was available for a week, not just Tuesdays.

Yes that is the site I was talking about. It had a very long list of all different promotions listed, not just a few. Too bad they no longer have it. I was just wondering if it had a different address and I couldn't find it. Thanks for letting me know!

Laurie

If I recall correctly, one of the TA's that regularly posts here said that the Promowave still exists, but has been moved to the password protected TA website. It's no longer publicly available. It would be nice if it was still publicly available because it was a very easy way to check for residence/senior specials. Sometimes they would even list special cruise air rates. Granted, all this info is available on RCCL's public web site, but not in the easy to read, compact form in which Promowave document had the info displayed.

If I recall correctly, one of the TA's that regularly posts here said that the Promowave still exists, but has been moved to the password protected TA website. It's no longer publicly available. It would be nice if it was still publicly available because it was a very easy way to check for residence/senior specials. Sometimes they would even list special cruise air rates. Granted, all this info is available on RCCL's public web site, but not in the easy to read, compact form in which Promowave document had the info displayed.

You are correct that the Promowave is now on the TA website. They now have it posted as an excel format spreadsheet. The latest version that I was shown was dated 4/6/09 and contained over 300 lines of information. It was much nicer when the Promowave listings were public.

You are correct that the Promowave is now on the TA website. They now have it posted as an excel format spreadsheet. The latest version that I was shown was dated 4/6/09 and contained over 300 lines of information. It was much nicer when the Promowave listings were public.

I suppose if a TA reposted the Promowave publicly, they would get in a lot of trouble.

Archived