Solstice: Beds Near Balcony or Bath

dmk

There has been much said about the location of the beds. But I still can't figure it out. I just read that if there is a sofa bed then the bed is near the bath. However, how does one know if the cabin has a sofa bed?:(

Any and all suggestions on the location of the bed would greatly be appreciated:)

The deck plans indicate if there is a sofa bed or upper berth. If neither is shown then there should only be a sofa and, if your info is right, the bed would be by the door. Not sure which we would prefer but based on deck plans looks like our bed will be by the balcony door on our upcoming cruise.

Mary Lou

Thanks to all!:)

Mary Lou,

You will love the bed near the balcony. We had that on our Dec. Solstice cruise. That is why I am looking to book a new cruise with the bed near the balcony.

The cabins are in 2 unit pairs. The "left" cabin in the pair has the bed near the balcony and the "right" cabin has the bed near the closet. The only way I can figure out to solve the puzzle is to count back from a known cabin. If I counted back correctly 8254 is a "right" unit and the bed is near the closet

P.S

I am looking at cabin #8254. It has no symbol. Ideas? Thanks.

8252 is near the balcony according to a report on my "Sticky" . This is the area where the cabins are "off" on the deckplans so you will need to be careful in this area. Someone reported that 8252 is the larger one on the angle just after the hump even though it is not shown that way on the deckplan so it might be that you actually want that one instead of 8254 if you want the angle and don't want to be disappointed when boarding. :)

The sticky doesn't have any of our 3 rooms... anyone have any idea about 9127 - 9129 - 9131? And the floor plan doesn't have ANY symbols on these forward rooms (or any on the 8th deck for that matter).

I would greatly appreciate it!

27 and 31 should have bed by the closet.

Thanks Howard! I knew I could count on you.:) After looking at the hundreds of pictures, if the beds are together, it seems there is more room to get into the closet. The arm of the couch looks like it makes it a little more awkward.

8254 has a larger balcony and the bed by the closet. 8252 has the largest size balcony.

Remember everything on Vista deck is really one location aft of where Celebrity shows it.

Hi signman:)

Could you tell me if #8254 is the 2nd largest in that hump grouping?

Thanks

There has been much said about the location of the beds. But I still can't figure it out. I just read that if there is a sofa bed then the bed is near the bath. However, how does one know if the cabin has a sofa bed?:(

Any and all suggestions on the location of the bed would greatly be appreciated:)

Not been on a Solstice class yet but, although I have also seen this comment, it is not correct in all cases.

If you check the Beautiful Day thread from RicardoC, he shows a photo of their cabin which had a sofa bed but their bed was near the bathroom.

The comment from ScubesDad seems more likely to be correct, but you cannot identify a left or right hand cabin from the deck plans, AND after checking the Solstice sticky and counting back from two known cabins, I got conflicting answers for my cabin for next year.

So I will just have to wait until next September to find out.

The sticky doesn't have any of our 3 rooms... anyone have any idea about 9127 - 9129 - 9131? And the floor plan doesn't have ANY symbols on these forward rooms (or any on the 8th deck for that matter). I would greatly appreciate it!

9139 has the bed near the bathroom. Check pictures here:

http://www.thepreismans.com/Solstice_Mar_09.htm

Then, 9131 and 9127 have that same layout while 9129 has the bed near the balcony.

The deck plans indicate if there is a sofa bed or upper berth. If neither is shown then there should only be a sofa and, if your info is right, the bed would be by the door. Not sure which we would prefer but based on deck plans looks like our bed will be by the balcony door on our upcoming cruise.

Mary Lou

I have a related concern. I've been worried about the layout of our room for a while and still haven't found a way to confirm that we're getting what we wanted. I'd asked for an upper berth for my full grown daughter and really hoping she doesn't end up on a sofa bed. The deck layouts supposedly show this but our reservation is on Vista deck, the one with the missing notations.

We have reserved #8243. If anyone knows a formula to figure out if we're really getting an upper berth or not, I'd appreciate it.

Sue

I have a related concern. I've been worried about the layout of our room for a while and still haven't found a way to confirm that we're getting what we wanted. I'd asked for an upper berth for my full grown daughter and really hoping she doesn't end up on a sofa bed. The deck layouts supposedly show this but our reservation is on Vista deck, the one with the missing notations.

We have reserved #8243. If anyone knows a formula to figure out if we're really getting an upper berth or not, I'd appreciate it.

Sue

8243 does show one upper berth, not a sofa bed. Unfortunately I can't tell you where I am seeing this but you can reach me at hmw608 at aol dot com

I have a related concern. I'd asked for an upper berth for my full grown daughter and really hoping she doesn't end up on a sofa bed. <...>

8243 does show one upper berth, not a sofa bed.

Thanks signman! That's one less thing to worry about.

Does anyone know if having an upper berth implies that the big bed is near the balcony or bath? Or does it still follow the "every other room" pattern? It doesn't made a big difference to us, but just curious.

Sue

IMHO, you guys are doing way too much fretting over where the bed is located. Yes, one location may be marginally better than the other. But I had the bed by the closet and it was truly no big deal. The ship is wonderful - my advice is to just pick a cabin in the general location you want and don't worry about the bed. You will love the ship either way.:)

Archived