My husband and I also did EKOL. We chose for just the 2 of us, but I know that some people on our roll call grouped together for a tour. We could not have been more pleased. Sky (her name translated into English) was so helpful and knowledgeable. We had a wonderful time. It was my husband's favorite port. Nancy

I am another happy EKOL customer; we had a private tour last September booked through Nur, who was prompt in response to all of my inquiries; our guide, Ali, was excellent and quickly adapted to our interests and pace.

We booked a tour with Kusadasi.biz. We leave next month! I saw some reviews on them and people enjoyed it. It is also decently priced and does not require payment until after the tour.

This is a great incentive, in my opinion. Would you please report back and tell us how it went with them?

Thanks!

This is a great incentive, in my opinion. Would you please report back and tell us how it went with them?

Thanks!

Yes definitely! I'll be returning home on the evening of May 21st. I will try my best to remember to update you! Or maybe if this thread is still around you can add a post so that I'll get email. =)

Yes definitely! I'll be returning home on the evening of May 21st. I will try my best to remember to update you! Or maybe if this thread is still around you can add a post so that I'll get email. =)

Yes... if you can bookmark this thread it would be great to add here. I know a lot of people would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks! Have a great time!

• 1 month later...
How can I find an independent (not ship excursion) to Ephesus from our cruise port on 10/2/09?

Joy

I set up an independent Ephesus Tour from Izmir for 12 of us from our Jade roll call last January. We had a fabulous day with Nejat Incedogan as our guide. Great price which included all venues (Ephesus, Virgin Mary House, etc.) plus Terrace House admission and no advance deposit.

Glad this thread was posted! I am looking for an Ephasus tour as well. The problem is when searching, a lot only go from Kusadasi, ours is from Izmir.

I am thinking of using Ertunga Ecir. Anyone use him before?

I set up an independent Ephesus Tour from Izmir for 12 of us from our Jade roll call last January. We had a fabulous day with Nejat Incedogan as our guide. Great price which included all venues (Ephesus, Virgin Mary House, etc.) plus Terrace House admission and no advance deposit.

How long was your tour? Thanks.

How long was your tour? Thanks.

Our tour was basically all day. Nejat and his driver picked us all up in the morning right after the ship docked. We were ported in Izmir from 8 - 5. We were back onboard about an hour before the ship sailed. It is a long drive (at least an hour both ways) from the port of Izmir to Ephesus. We also stopped for lunch and visited a local ceramics studio (absolutely no pressure to buy, many bought something as the quality was excellent. The lunch was optional and cost about $10. more. Half the group joined the lunch at a local restaurant and the other six just walked around the present day town of Efes. Our tour included the Virgin Mary House, Ephesus plus the newly excavated Terrace Houses and the Temple of Artemis site (plus views from the exterior of St. John's Basilica).

Hi!

We are booked on the Ruby Princess for 7/2009 and I have booked a tour for Ephesus. Here is a link to the web site. http://www.helloephesus.com/ The price quoted was $45 US per person for 7 hours. We will see all the interesting historical sights as well as a lunch included. The tour will include an English speaking guide in an air-conditioned van and all entrance fees to the sites. The guide is to pick us up right at the port. I will post after the trip about our experience but it may be too late for some of the travelers currrently on this thread. Please let me know if any of you have had any experience with this tour company.

Debbie

Hi Debbie!

We also booked with Hello for Ephesus and Istanbul... I'm also anxious to hear back from anyone who may used them!

Since we're going in November, I hope that you'll come back here to report on your tour with them!

Have a great time!

MC

We toured with Mesut Yilmaz in Ephesus 2 years ago and it was a wonderful day and he was a great guide. We visited Mary's House, Ephesus and the Terrace Houses, had lunch, and then to see St. John's tomb. He is very knowledgeable and personable. You can find his site if you google his name.

Hi!

We are booked on the Ruby Princess for 7/2009 and I have booked a tour for Ephesus. Here is a link to the web site. http://www.helloephesus.com/ The price quoted was $45 US per person for 7 hours. We will see all the interesting historical sights as well as a lunch included. The tour will include an English speaking guide in an air-conditioned van and all entrance fees to the sites. The guide is to pick us up right at the port. I will post after the trip about our experience but it may be too late for some of the travelers currrently on this thread. Please let me know if any of you have had any experience with this tour company.

Debbie

Please post upon your return as I am very interested to hear how your tour company was. Thank you

Archived